Author Topic: Weapon choice arguments  (Read 3977 times)

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: Weapon choice arguments
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »

I drive a new Prius.  What the hell is wrong with a Prius?   >:(

Gay stigma.

LOL!  Oh, is that all.  Might be fun to own a Prius and see if you get any smart ass comments.  Can you mount a torrent to the top of one?

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »
Sorry for making jokes and for busting your balls Rah I will try to be better next time.

???

Don't you mean Ken?

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
That was a Great video!!!  :)  Billy Bob has never been to England.  All Billy Bob ever really says is,  "I need a bigger gun!"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:37:29 PM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

backwoodsboy

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
sledge what kind of primary do u run anyway?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:54:03 PM by sledge »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »

The gun that has made more mothers cry than any other in history.
The gun that goes bang regardless of the conditions.
The gun that doesn't need a few drops of oil to keep it running.
The gun that is so simple it only takes a few minutes to learn it.
The gun that you don't care if it bumps or rubs against something that mars the finish, because the finish already looks like shit.
The gun that can spit out steel cased ammo without choking on itself.
The gun that has one of the largest, if not the largest assortment of ammo choices.
The one you can build in your garage if you have the right tools.

Need I say more?   :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:56:33 PM by sledge »

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »

The gun that you don't care if it bumps or rubs against something that mars the finish, because the finish already looks like shit.
The gun that has one of the largest, if not the largest assortment of ammo choices.

A sling shot? :))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:03:41 PM by themighty9mm »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »

A sling shot?

DAMN your good!   :)  About the same distance, about the same accuracy.  LOL!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:06:59 PM by sledge »

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »
I'm going to say...an AK variant, Sledge.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »
I'm going to say...an AK variant, Sledge.

Yep.   :)

1000meterstare

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »
Damn, I'm in trouble.  I drive a Prius AND run an AK as my primary.  I must be worse than the devil himself.  But my friends all say I'm such a nice guy... >:D

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »
Whatever you shoot the best with, can manipulate the best, and the one that you practice with the most is the best weapon system.  Period.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
Sledge you should look into your palm and then apply it to your face... only like half of that list is true.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »
Sledge you should look into your palm and then apply it to your face... only like half of that list is true.

Yeah TG is right. Alot of moms have cried because their sons guns jammed.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »

Indeed TG, please specifically list what wasn't true.  This should be interesting.  I need a big ear icon to indicate that I'm listening.  LOL!

backwoodsboy

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »
sorry i have to agree with sledge on this, for the reason that ive seen alot of ars that wont shoot steel cased ammo, think about it, in a shtf situation what if u have and ar and you come across 500 rounds of steel cased ammo someones wiling to trade for food, wouldnt you feel sick. if it was a ak you can load any type of caseing and it will function.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:30 AM »
BWB, bro you are out of your lane. Breath deep and move over.

Sledge,

AKs need lube, ask 505th.
I can put a magazine into my rifle without having to rock it to sleep first.
What about the finish of the gun effects its performance more so how is your rifle looking like a beat piece a selling point?
ARs eat steel they just don't go back to brass without a cleaning. If you ever ran brass in your ak you would know it won't do it either. That is not a platform thing it's a chemical thing.
Where is all this ammo choice? Would that be caliber or maker?
If I had the right tools I could build a spaceship.

I am not trying to crack nuts here I am just tired of hearing people compair the AK to the AR. The AK is a fantastic submachine gun it is not now nor has it ever been a rifle so to compare it to one isn't fair to either platform.

BWB's comment is a perfect example of what I am talking about. So much bad information exists that the poor young man can't figure out wether he is coming or going. Won't someone please thing of the children?

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »
BWB, bro you are out of your lane. Breath deep and move over.

Sledge,

AKs need lube, ask 505th.
I can put a magazine into my rifle without having to rock it to sleep first.
What about the finish of the gun effects its performance more so how is your rifle looking like a beat piece a selling point?
ARs eat steel they just don't go back to brass without a cleaning. If you ever ran brass in your ak you would know it won't do it either. That is not a platform thing it's a chemical thing.
Where is all this ammo choice? Would that be caliber or maker?
If I had the right tools I could build a spaceship.

I am not trying to crack nuts here I am just tired of hearing people compair the AK to the AR. The AK is a fantastic submachine gun it is not now nor has it ever been a rifle so to compare it to one isn't fair to either platform.

BWB's comment is a perfect example of what I am talking about. So much bad information exists that the poor young man can't figure out wether he is coming or going. Won't someone please thing of the children?

LOL!  LOL! AR are guys are way too sensitive.   :)  BWB's question was, "Sledge, what kind of gun are you running?"  Who said anything about comparing AR's to AK's?

I answered him in the form of a game.  So I answered him with a series of statements that if they were any truer would have been placed in the Bible.   :o

AK's do not need lube in order to run effectively!  Period.  If you do need lube it's too tight.  That said, when I clean mine I place a small dab of white grease on each rail.  That's not so it will run, that's just an effort to get it to last for 1,000 years instead of 200.

How does not having to rock an AR mag to sleep have anything to do with me running an AK?  I'm not understanding.  But ok, whatever.   :)

I never said anything about the finish on my AK affecting it's performance or increasing it's resale value.  I was describing what I run.

I'm very happy that AR's can eat steel.  I don't run brass in my AKs as they seem to love the taste of the cheap shit.  Which makes me happier still.  :)  Original question, "Sledge, what gun do you run?"

Ammo Choices: FMJ HP, SP 122gr, 123gr, 124gr, 125gr (just saw this one for the first time), 137gr fragmenting, 154gr, available in corrosive and non corrosive (yes, there are advantages to each),  armor piercing, phosphorus.

Maybe I should have just said,  "BWB I run an AK."

Really guys, ya'll are taking anything said as an attack on the precious AR platform.   :)  Actually, it's pretty funny as it says something about the platform that it's supporters have to be so defensive about it.  Personally, I like AR's just fine.  Don't own one for my own reasons.  Just like ya'll own one for your own reasons.  It's all good with me.   :)  Be happy guys!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:07:13 PM by sledge »

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
Todays ridiculous statement is brought to you by kentactic...

"A Shotgun is way better then both the AR and the AK."

LMAO...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
Okay guys, fun's over. This thread has completely reversed itself from its original intent. Get back on topic, or start a new thread.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
First off motherfuckers, jam is put on toast; it's called a malfunction.

I've put over 4,000 rounds of steel cased through my 6 month old AR and have had 0 malfunctions, yes ZERO. As for the other 4,000 rounds of brass I've shot through her I've had....ZERO malfunctions. So I know not of all these mysterious issues? Perhaps it can be attributed to running a cheap POS non-spec AR.

So hardy harrr harrrr

Pay once cry once, take the cheap way out and you'll cry every time.

I submit for exhibit 1; the famous Filthy 14
 http://www.slip2000.com/art-swat2.html

:))
Oh man that "filthy 14" story was AWESOME!

But straight up TG, good AK's do not need lube, i've ran mine dry for more than a year with no wear or functionality issues, if you have an AK that won't run bone dry it's honestly piece of crap.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »
Okay guys, fun's over. This thread has completely reversed itself from its original intent. Get back on topic, or start a new thread.

LOL!  "Weapons Choice Arguments".  After reading all the posts through again I'm pretty sure we're still on topic.   :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:28:50 PM by sledge »

Ghost

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
Todays ridiculous statement is brought to you by kentactic...

"A Shotgun is way better then both the AR and the AK."

LMAO...
Kentucky long rifle.

Argument = Over.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 04:00:56 PM »
LOL!  "Weapons Choice Arguments".  After reading all the posts through again I'm pretty sure we're still on topic.   :)

'Fraid not. The title of this thread reflects the subject, but does not necessarily approve of it. Observe.

Quote from: Colombo
Come on guys, we're better than this...

I see a lot of pontificating, pissing, bitching, and dick measuring about weapon choice, action type, caliber, and controls of various weapons here and feel that many of us are missing some important points.

Run what you brung and run it well are my only considerations.

Obviously, the original intent of this thread was to chastise the caliber/platform arguments present on this forum. Therefore, any such arguments derail this thread. Take it elsewhere, gents.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
I see a lot of pontificating, pissing, bitching, and dick measuring about weapon choice, action type, caliber, and controls of various weapons here and feel that many of us are missing some important points.

I don't see any of that.  Put it back in your pants please.  This isn't a pissing contest.   :)

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
I thought we were supposed to argue... :(

I know I got a touch of the "hurt feelings" but Pat mother fucking Rogers!