Author Topic: M9 good?  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Re: M9 good?
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »
You can't give your self a burn on someone else...  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

YoU FaiL , FaiLuRe ,EpiC FaiL!!

I don't understand  ???
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:08 PM »
You can't give your self a burn on someone else...  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

YoU FaiL , FaiLuRe ,EpiC FaiL!!

I don't understand  ???

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

You said something. ( blah blah blah I'm a loser blah blah )
then you posted the YT link of " burn "
you can't do that bro...some one else has to chime in with burn or it doesn't count and you fail.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:35 PM »
From a shooting point of view the weight helps absorb felt recoil. From a daily CCW point of view, a good holster and belt will go a long ways. If one were to choose a full sized service pistol to carry

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
From a shooting point of view the weight helps absorb felt recoil. From a daily CCW point of view, a good holster and belt will go a long ways. If one were to choose a full sized service pistol to carry

Good job on getting us back on topic.

Though I must disagree. From a 9mm perspective, the M9 has a lot more felt recoil than other 9mm hand guns IMO
Not a snap, like a .40 but  just muzzle rise.
Know what I mean? Hard to explain.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 11:37:05 PM »
Ah gotcha. Anyway Looking forward to shooting.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 12:41:11 AM »
That's a whole other area that the op needs to think about.. will this piece ever be pressed in the the roll of CCW. Personally I like to keep the two issue separate and deal with one at a time because what makes a good CCW usually ruins a pistol for anything that resembles 'two way work.'

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 12:42:41 AM »

Good job on getting us back on topic.

Though I must disagree. From a 9mm perspective, the M9 has a lot more felt recoil than other 9mm hand guns IMO
Not a snap, like a .40 but  just muzzle rise.
Know what I mean? Hard to explain.

I get what you mean, though I myself disagree to a point.
 Having owned and shot often glocks (multple 17's, a 19), sigs (226&p250) beretta cougar 8000, cz75b. I have owned other makes and models/calibers aswell but strictly speaking the 9mm I have owned. I have found it just as easy and faster, if not more easy to get back on target with the 92 series than all but the cougar 8000 model. Granted this could be somewhat biased as I have put many more thousands of rounds through the 92 series than the others. However through each that I have owned I have put no less than 800 rounds through any given pistol. This is the basis that I'm putting my experience on. Throughout the variety of 92's I have owned I have put well over 25,000 round through them so my opinion is somewhat biased. Of all of them I found (if I had to put them in order) the 8000 series to have the least felt recoil, next the 92, then cz, then sig (though it has a pop to it) then the glocks. This is strictly speaking 9mm. Just my experience.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »
That's a whole other area that the op needs to think about.. will this piece ever be pressed in the the roll of CCW. Personally I like to keep the two issue separate and deal with one at a time because what makes a good CCW usually ruins a pistol for anything that resembles 'two way work.'

Well said.

As I do not have a conceal licence I will not speak of how she conceals.

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:29 AM »

Exactly why I was stressing the 92 is good... for what it is. It's not a generally considered competition gun, though it could be pressed into that role. Its not a carry gun, but again it could be pressed into that role. Its full full sized duty style pistol. Any gun can be pressed into any role if need be. Just might not necessarily be the best choice all things considered for that particular individual for that particular role.
Then again it will always boil down to what works best for the end user. The advice given before about try alot before you buy, is the best advice that can be given. People hand sizes, muscles, and body type are different. Decide what you like, what you can afford and what works for you, or you are willing to put the time to make work for you and the role you have chosen. Then you can realativly easily find the best choice for yourself all things considered
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:52:04 AM by themighty9mm »

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:58 AM »
i know a guy who carries a 92 concealed, but i guess it really depends on where you live, around here having some sort of coat or jacket on all year round is doable.............

Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 01:31:51 AM »
"Then again it will always boil down to what works best for the end user. The advice given before about try alot before you buy, is the best advice that can be given. "

I wasn't arguing against that point and I am pretty pleased that it keeps coming up, I was just trying to mention something that I wish I had though of when I bought my first pistol.

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »
In my ignorant, one sided opinion, guns like the model 92 are just insanely complicated. It has a safety/decocker, and 2 trigger pulls. If you rack the slide during a reload the same way you would do with any other pistol, you can flip the safety back on accidentally.

On the plus side, magazines and holsters and such are plentyful since it's what the military uses, and it does have a low bore axis. And of course like the vast majority of modern auto pistols, it is reliable.

As far as I am concerned though, the only type of pistols I will carry are striker fired guns, either a glock or maybe a M&P. If you absolutely need a manual safety there are M&Ps with them, and there's always 1911s.

And I will say that well respected instructors, and others with lots of experience using pistols to defend themselves, who can choose anything they want in private life, or are authorized to carry what ever they choose within limits, generally choose either a glock, or a 1911. What both designs have in common is they have one trigger pull, and are very simple to fire.
It's better to have it and not need it ...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
In my ignorant, one sided opinion, guns like the model 92 are just insanely complicated. It has a safety/decocker, and 2 trigger pulls. If you rack the slide during a reload the same way you would do with any other pistol, you can flip the safety back on accidentally.

On the plus side, magazines and holsters and such are plentyful since it's what the military uses, and it does have a low bore axis. And of course like the vast majority of modern auto pistols, it is reliable.

As far as I am concerned though, the only type of pistols I will carry are striker fired guns, either a glock or maybe a M&P. If you absolutely need a manual safety there are M&Ps with them, and there's always 1911s.

And I will say that well respected instructors, and others with lots of experience using pistols to defend themselves, who can choose anything they want in private life, or are authorized to carry what ever they choose within limits, generally choose either a glock, or a 1911. What both designs have in common is they have one trigger pull, and are very simple to fire.

Excellent.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co +K for you.

I will have to back this up on once again why I chose the Taurus version, though it does have DA/SA trigger. The safety is a lot less complicated. More on the lines of a 1911 only its Ambi.

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »
"Then again it will always boil down to what works best for the end user. The advice given before about try alot before you buy, is the best advice that can be given. "

I wasn't arguing against that point and I am pretty pleased that it keeps coming up, I was just trying to mention something that I wish I had though of when I bought my first pistol.
Yup, I was agreeing with you

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
Only true legit complaint I can think of reguarding th M9/92fs is night sights. The front sight is part of the slide. Not a dove tail like many models. However there are a few companies that are well recognized as being very good at drillig the front sight and installing a trigicon lamp and rear sights for night sights. A Company called tool tech does this for beretta. Infact they are who the factory uses to do their night sights

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »
Manual safeties discussion has been moved to this thread. Thank you.

http://straightprep.com/forum/index.php?topic=1467.new;boardseen#new