Author Topic: M6 Scout  (Read 1346 times)

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
M6 Scout
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:17:41 PM »
I've had a M6 Scout on my radar for years now but never ran across one since the 90's. So today I stroll through the LGS and low and behold there she sits, the M6!! This one is .22 hornet/.410, seems to be in really good shape, no rust and very dry (no oil), and is stamped Czech Republic on one side with Geneseo IL on the other side. Before I tell you what they're asking for it I would like opinions on its value.

I was originally after the .22 or .22mag but the .22 hornet is not out of the question especially since I've never owned or shot one which means I do need it  ;D
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
Re: M6 Scout
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
It should be worth somewhere in the mid $600 to mid $700 range depending on condition and if the LGS know what he has. Also depends if it has the case, etc.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »
  I have the .22LR/.410 version.  I purchased it over 25 years ago, and don't recall what I paid for it, but I believe it was in the $300 range.  I don't use it much, it spends most of its time in a safe.  It is accurate, but the squeeze/grip type trigger takes some time to get accustomed to.  It's nice having the .410, if it was used in a true survival type situation.  If I was doing any bush flying, I'd probably take it with me.  I know they've gotten expensive, because of their collectability.  For me, after having one, I don't think I'd spend more than $400-500.  You can buy a couple of takedown 10/22's or AR-7's for a little bit more.  They're kind of like the Marlin Camp Carbines, which have become overpriced over the years.
    I have some AR-7's and some takedown 10/22's and they're more fun for target shooting.  The M-6 is really useful for survival, but that's about it.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »
For you folks who do not know what Grizz and others are talking about, here is a picture.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »
For you folks who do not know what Grizz and others are talking about, here is a picture.

Thats it but I dont recall the rail and the sling is missing

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
I just found out they are open till 7 tonight, I may have it by then  :cowboy: :fuckYeah: They are asking in the $350 range (I dont remember exactly how much) and I hope I can get them down or at least toss in a few boxes of ammo.

This isnt a prep buy as much as satisfying a long over due "need" to get one  ;D

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »
If it is in halfway decent shape for $350 take it and RUN!!.  Hell you could turn around and sell it for around $600 easy.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 02:14:29 AM »
I got him down to $325  :dancingBanana: :dance: I also needed 100 rnds of 22 hornet and 20 rnds .410, if I was thinking clearly I would have grabbed some 45LC. Reloading dies are next on the list along with bullets and cases.

I sent an email to Springfield asking for any info they can send me and if they have any accessories laying around  ;D

I have never come across a gun deal like this, I hope she is a shooter

Thanks to everyone for your input and helping me spend money I dont have, LOL

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 08:03:23 AM »
:) congrats.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »
Thats one of those deals you need to put on your porch to guard your house while you are away.  Hide it behind something there so it has cover.  Tell me when your gone and I will come over and cover the flank.

If necessary it and I can retreat together.  We could let you know where we retreated to when it was safe to do so.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
Thats one of those deals you need to put on your porch to guard your house while you are away.  Hide it behind something there so it has cover.  Tell me when your gone and I will come over and cover the flank.

If necessary it and I can retreat together.  We could let you know where we retreated to when it was safe to do so.

Nemo

Great idea! It will be behind the rose bushes (thorny year round) just watch out for my two German Shepards used to guard against bears, and that reminds me, watch out for bears, we have blacks and grizzlys around here all the time.  ;D

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
Great idea! It will be behind the rose bushes (thorny year round) just watch out for my two German Shepards used to guard against bears, and that reminds me, watch out for bears, we have blacks and grizzlys around here all the time.  ;D

and you opted for a 410/22  :lmfao:
thems some awesome German Shepards you gots!

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 05:48:51 PM »

and you opted for a 410/22  :lmfao:
thems some awesome German Shepards you gots!

its not the only horse in the stable, just the newest  :cowboy:

I'm dogless at the moment but the story wouldn't sound as good if I didn't add them  ;D

Although the bears are real along with moose and a few other critters

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
Ah, no sweat on the Shepards.  I will bring Orion, King of Dogs with me to take point on my approach.  He is a 12 pound Yorkie (yeah, full blood but 8 pounds over breed standard) and had declared himself King of Dogs.

Every other canine he has met in his 13 years of Kingship have agreed and submitted to his authority.  He will have those Shepards herded up like a bunch of sheep with a goat thrown in.

My nephews Rotty was claimed (by nephew) to be able to down Orion in one bite.  Upon being recommended to take 2 on multiple occasions I was finally asked why Rotty should take 2.  He was informed that Orion would chew his way out the Rottys backend dragging guts behind him.

Orion was never challenged.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »
My Dutch Shepherd Dorothy hates bears. We always know when one is around as her ears go back and she gets very antsy while inside and guards the door. If outside, her ears go back and she starts to bark and wants to herd us back inside the cabin.

Now concerning your Yorkie Nemo: There is no doubt your dog could whip old Dorothy in a NY minute as she is a peace loving dog UNLESS, you come into our house uninvited and we go through the ritual of greeting, you being welcomed/introduced OR, if you are a bear. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 11:17:46 PM »
Just make sure if Dorothy is mad she makes it 2 bites.

Nemo  8)

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
Grizz

That is an outstanding get on the M6.  Congrats.

Chris

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:43 PM »
I got one ragged hole with three shots from the 22 hornet @ 42 paces with the factory peep sight, to me that is absolutely incredible because the peep is pretty big. I need to find a rail so I can add a scope.

The .410 was much less impressive but then again the sight was the factory "V" notch, I'm sure a scope will improve its ability.

So anyone know where I can find a rail for this thing?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 08:44:43 PM »
Cool.  :gunner: