Author Topic: Is 2 Reload Mags Enough  (Read 551 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Is 2 Reload Mags Enough
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »
with a .45?  Keep in mind crook was properly armed.

Nemo  8)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:47:26 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Is 2 Reload Mags Enough
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »
   Shot placement is key.  There's a balance between cartridge stopping power, recoil management and shot placement.  If you can't hit your target, then it doesn't matter how many rounds you carry in a gun fight.  It sounds like the bad guy was on some sort of drug, hard to stop zombies, only head shots and spine shots will stop them.  Kind of like the Maumau warriors of the early 20th century, even rifle rounds didn't stop them.  Double tap to the head, double tap to the groin, stop them thinking and stop them from moving.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »
Yea...most of the suspects major organs were already swiss cheese and he still kept at it until heads shots calmed him down.

I still have faith in my USP45. Nice try though :thumbsUp:

Here are mag pouches that let you double pistol mag load per pouch.

http://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-3o2-Multi-Pistol-Magazine-Pouch-p/eu096a.htm

http://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-6o4-Multi-Pistol-Magazine-Pouch-p/eu060a.htm

"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »
I'll second the USP 45.  I find the recoil is manageable and second shot placement is excellent.  Seriously, the thugs strung out on drugs are essentially zombies, so they need to be dealt with in the same manner as you would a zombie.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
I agree shot placement is key but trying to hit a moving target while you're moving and jacked up on adrenaline is not going to be easy.

I'm not too sure moving to a smaller caliber just to get more ammo is the answer though. I kind of doubt the same shot placement with the 9mm would have slowed him down as much, especially the head shots.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 05:44:15 PM »
I agree shot placement is key but trying to hit a moving target while you're moving and jacked up on adrenaline is not going to be easy.

I'm not too sure moving to a smaller caliber just to get more ammo is the answer though. I kind of doubt the same shot placement with the 9mm would have slowed him down as much, especially the head shots.

I think he just needs to upgrade to a Mossberg Shockwave as his duty gun already. :gunner:
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »
I kind of doubt the same shot placement with the 9mm would have slowed him down as much, especially the head shots.

The jaw shots maybe not.  But the upper center forehead with a 32 or 380 should have ended things.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 07:14:43 PM »
I kind of doubt the same shot placement with the 9mm would have slowed him down as much, especially the head shots.

The jaw shots maybe not.  But the upper center forehead with a 32 or 380 should have ended things.

Nemo

A .45 will penetrate deeper than a .32 or .380.

My guess is that the center head shot was a ricochet off the pavement or the head was tilted in such a way that it wasnt a straight on shot and it exited without entering the skull

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 11:23:25 PM »
The center head shot is what stopped the guy.  Right in conjunction with 2 shot that effectively took out each jaw joint on the mouth.

Video described that as a 3 round controlled burst as cop was laying on ground shooting under car and crook looked down under it for cop.

Watch the video again.

Nemo

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »
The center head shot is what stopped the guy.  Right in conjunction with 2 shot that effectively took out each jaw joint on the mouth.

Video described that as a 3 round controlled burst as cop was laying on ground shooting under car and crook looked down under it for cop.

Watch the video again.

EDIT: It was the surgeon who made the comment "why did the cop shoot so many times" that confused me

Nemo

If the center head shot was clean how was the guy getting surgery in the hospital?

I'll watch it again
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:47:08 PM by grizz »

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 09:02:23 AM »
yes, I believe a total of 2 mags of perfectly enough for citizzen carry.

Unlike a military or policeman we generally carry concealed without a duty belt.
Often other things are more important in our daily life such as comfort and concealment and many stop carryig or carrying regularily due to the bulk and weight of the pistol.

Carry extra mags excaserbates this issue to the point of maing it unrealistic.
Also while we can "waht if" any oprational problem fact is the vast majority of thugs runs away when they just see a firearm.

On top of that the average number of rounds fired in a civilian self defense situation is still 1.7.

Those of us who carry concealed must satisfy with carryng for the 85% solution.
For this even just a single mag will more than suffice.
And thats not including that the members of this forum are likely better shots that the public at large.
 :bravo:
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Hondokov

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 10:48:26 AM »

Unlike a military or policeman we generally carry concealed without a duty belt.
Often other things are more important in our daily life such as comfort and concealment and many stop carryig or carrying regularily due to the bulk and weight of the pistol.

Also while we can "waht if" any oprational problem fact is the vast majority of thugs runs away when they just see a firearm.

On top of that the average number of rounds fired in a civilian self defense situation is still 1.7.

And thats not including that the members of this forum are likely better shots that the public at large.

A spare magazine should be carried to remedy possible malfunctions.....

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 03:02:18 PM »

Am I to assume you only carry 2 rounds since the average fired is 1.7?

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 07:20:03 PM »
I carry 3 extra single stack mags. When you run out of ammo, your pistol becomes a rock. I assume the bad guy is carrying a 15 round double stack mag.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 12:53:29 PM »
Regardless of caliber or handgun, I always carry two mags as part of my EDC. I do this in case I drop one in the heat of the moment or one fails to function. Both issues have happened to me in square ranges.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.