Author Topic: I Like Hi Point Brand  (Read 699 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
I Like Hi Point Brand
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:31:50 PM »
Pistols and carbines.  Lifetime no questions asked warranty.  Excellent price.  Now in 10mm.

Nemo

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/hi-points-new-10mm-carbine-has-the-edge/

New Hi-Point 10mm Pistol Caliber Carbine has the Edge – Review
Ammoland Inc. Posted on April 9, 2018 by Mike Searson

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Two of the hottest trends in the firearm industry right now are pistol caliber carbines and firearms chambered in 10mm and Hi-Point firearms have merged those two with the release of their 10mm carbines named the 1095TS and 1095TS Edge.

As for the pistol caliber carbine (PCC), its one of those firearm types that people either love or hate. Outside of going to the range, most of the time if I grab a carbine or a rifle, I want it in a rifle caliber. It's not 1876, any more and I don't necessarily feel the need to carry a handgun and rifle in the same caliber. I'm not 300 miles off the Oregon Trail shooting it out with banditos and rustlers. My supply chain isn't 30 days out and rifle calibers pack a lot more punch these days.

Then, that other side of me says, maybe I need something a little quieter out of a long gun or maybe I am shooting in an area where a full sized rifle cartridge is overkill or stray shots may be a danger within its effective range. I don't want to drop down to a 9mm in power levels, but don't care to step up to 45-70 either.

Hi-Point’s 10mm Carbine seems to fill that niche and it may have potential for hunters in certain states restricted to straight-wall cartridges for hunting.

Go read the rest and look at athe cool pics.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: I Like Hi Point Brand
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 11:13:02 PM »
I've got the Hi Point 995TS and I chose it because its a heavy bullet and the 16.5" barrel gives it 200 FPS more speed, and 9mm is a NATO round. That means, if I run out of ammo on the battlefield, there's a pretty good chance I can find some just laying around. I don't have a 9mm pistol, but if I ever get one, I'm ready to go. Would I ever say that 9mm is better than a 10mm? Nope, but I'd say its a lot more convenient. I asked a friend, who is a SEAL, just how lethal the 9mm carbine would be at 300 yards. He said that he wouldn't want to be standing in front of it at 300 yards.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:30:52 PM »
Get one of the C9 handguns.  Magazines are interchangeable and if you run out of ammo, you have a gun heavier than a brick.  So if he runs out at the same time while hiding behind a brick wall .  .  ..

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
My Mom always told me if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.  On that note about Hi-Point firearms................

Chris

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »
When was the last time you took one out shooting?

Nemo

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 12:54:16 PM »
The last time I shot a Hi-Point was about a month ago.  A student at a class I was at brought a C9 for a defensive pistol class.  By mid way through the first day he was using a borrowed M&P from someone in the class.  Dozens of malfunctions using various quality ammo.  The one good thing about it was that it was cheap enough to throw at someone when it malfunctioned. 

I actually think their carbines are not horrible and tend to function fairly well. I still would not trust one to hold up over a high round count in adverse conditions.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
The one huge advantage of a High Point is cost. Getting one in 10mm voids that advantage.

On 9mm vs 10mm in general.  I can afford to practice twice as much with 9mm. I'd rather have twice the practice over a slightly better round any day of the week.  Then there is the ubiquity of 9mm...
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 07:31:10 PM »
The fellow in the class who had trouble with his C9 probably had feeding problems. Its really common if you don't tune up the magazines. The two ears sticking out forward are bent a little bit for 380's if you don't straighten them, they're a bitch to properly feed. The most common problem is nose dive. Also, Polishing the feed ramp is almost a necessity. The C9 is pretty bulky and really sucks for women with small hands to work it. A big fellow with big hands is apparently who they made that thing for because big guys like the feel of it.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »
What he said.

A bit of mag tweaking and ramp rubbing and you have a solid reliable weapon that the company covers-- forever.  And a good throwing projectile if ever needed.

Besides, if you ever need to shoot someone and the cops seize it as evidence  .  .  ..

Nuff Said.

Nemo

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 09:58:23 PM »
Mmmmm.

I really hate to jump on this discussion BUT I will.

If I have to tweak a firearm to make it work I do not have trust in it. If I can not have trust in a firearm then it is worthless in a life and death struggle.

I know of NOBODY that has 100% confidence in a Hi Point...Period. Maybe my breath of friends who own one needs to broaden.

A Glock may not match the 1911 ergonomics I am use too BUT it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. 

Why do we get into these comparisons as it is senseless.  :facepalm:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:24:56 PM »
Its actually not the gun that has to be tweaked, its the magazines. S&W sold semi auto pistols to the VA. State Police and they had magazine problems also. They didn't tweak them, they just got replacements and checked them out on the range to make sure they would cycle properly. We are to poor or to cheap to just buy replacements like they did.