General Category > Security & Survival

How To Field Strip and Clean your AR15/M4/M16

<< < (4/4)

Jackalope:
    Somewhere, I have a CMMG survival repair kit that is comprehensive.  Over the years I've accumulated many spare parts, enough probably to build another AR or two. It's not a bad idea to squirrel away a BCG.  You know the old saying, "two is one and one is none."  I do try to have duplicate firearms, but it isn't always economically feasible.

JohnyMac:
Here's a tip that I picked up from a night ops trainer.

It was 2020 and I was at a night vision class in the middle of bumbf&^K nowhere and my AR jammed. I cleared it and two shots later it jammed again.

The instructor remarked that the rifle didn't sound right. He came over and asked me to clear the weapon, and then asked me for it. He played with the bolt and then asked me, "is there was no oil wells in Pennsylvania?" Then he reached into an administration pouch of his chest rig and brought out a small plastic squirt bottle. Opened up the rife, extracted the bolt, and squirted it down with the concoction in the bottle, shook the thick liquid off the bolt and reinserted it and closed up the rifle. He then handed it back to me and pointed to the gong about 50 meters away and asked me to give it a try.

Well you guessed it, the rifle went bang with out a hitch. Operated great into the wee hours of the morning.

Later, while sitting around a camp fire at 0300 hrs or so, where the class was giving a AAR on the vents since the sun went down, I asked the instructor what was the makeup of that concoction he put on my bolt to make it work so well. His reply was, Mobil 1 synthetic oil.  :facepalm:

That is what I have used ever since.  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version