Author Topic: Encrypted Texting  (Read 449 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Encrypted Texting
« on: January 11, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »
Anyone know anything about this?

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/what-to-know-about-signal-the-secure-messaging-app-thats-surging-in-popularity

Apps
Published 47 mins ago
What to know about Signal, the secure messaging app that's surging in popularity
The app has been downloaded more than 30M times
By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News

In the wake of last week's riot at the U.S. Capitol that left several people dead and has prompted outrage across the nation, the messaging app Signal has surged in popularity as users look for alternatives to social networks.

Built by Swedish-based developer Signal Messenger LLC, Signal has surged to the top of the Apple App Store and near the top of the Google Play Store, but it is unlike Twitter or Facebook. Instead, it is a secure messaging app, similar to WhatsApp or Apple's iMessage.

Signal allows users to send texts, videos, audio or picture messages with end-to-end encryption, just as they would via a normal text message. "Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you," the app writes in its description.

continued
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
Re: Encrypted Texting
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »
I use it all the time.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2