Author Topic: combat 45 ???  (Read 2357 times)

UnBroken

Re: combat 45 ???
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »
NOLA. Bro I wasnt calling you out or anyrhing what i was sayomg was with the evolution of the battlefield, it is really better if you have a modern firearm... Granted I will never think less of the 1911 guys. They can always sling lead with the best of them. [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 01:06:02 AM »
The H & K take up way too much real estate for my tastes.  They are fine pistols, but make mine a singe-stack.  I sold my Ruger that served me well for 9 years and bought a Sig P220.  The P220 is the "darth vader" of handguns.  It's just all business.

I agree, the Sig P220 would be my choice. I have the Sig P226 in 40 cal. and I LOVE that gun.l

1000meterstare

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 11:37:50 PM »
Something to think about:  police departments' shooting prowess have moved in the direct opposite direction of their magazine capacities.  I'm proud to confidently say I can outshoot 98% of cops.  More bullets isn't always a good thing...let's sing hyms and have an anti spray-and-pray day... [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:29 PM »
Something to think about:  police departments' shooting prowess have moved in the direct opposite direction of their magazine capacities.  I'm proud to confidently say I can outshoot 98% of cops.  More bullets isn't always a good thing...let's sing hyms and have an anti spray-and-pray day... [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

when is having more rounds worse than having less?
its not about the gun or the capacity its about the user
cops suck with their guns, the ones i know have been taught to just point and shoot till they suspect is down

having 18rds in my gun and making good solid hits is better than having 10 rounds in my gun and shooting the same way
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »
Hello all RON L here

I still advocate the use and carry of the 1911A1 as one of the best 45's out there, that said I have been known to carry a Sig P-220 with Great sucess and I did not feel Limited with the single stack magazine, I can hit what I aim at and Pick My shots, have multiple magazine and can do a tactical change if necessary! I have carried the single stack 1911a1 45ACP into combat and have seen it work! While the Military embraced the M-9, I swopped out my 45 for a BHP because I knew I could trust it as a JMB Design! Go with what ya know, have used and can service yourself Post Crash I'd say? Just my thoughts your might very?

RON L

Offline leadpersuasion

• Prepper
  • Don't Tread On Me!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »
I vouch for the carry of whatever .45 that is reliable and high capacity. The known fact is that pistols suck at killing people when compared to a shotgun or legitimate rifle cartridge. Therefore, I would advocate carrying as much ammo in the gun as possible depending on your carry and conceal protocol that day. The idea of being able to effectively kill one person with 8 rounds of .45 may be right 90% of the time, but who is to say you need to do more killing than that? And who wants to do a speed reload in the middle of a gunfight? We don't determine the place or the time or the amount of adversaries we must face, but I know if I had to do a speed reload in a gunfight because I chose a 1911 over a more modern high capacity .45, I would be thinking why the fuck I carried that 1911 instead of a Glock, Sig, M&P, etc. Or just carry your 1911. YMMV.
"Our cause is just; being with one mind resolved to die freemen rather than to live slaves." - Thomas Jefferson
"Training should be like a bloodless battle, so that battle is like bloody training." - TigerSwan

UnBroken

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
I vouch for the carry of whatever .45 that is reliable and high capacity. The known fact is that pistols suck at killing people when compared to a shotgun or legitimate rifle cartridge. Therefore, I would advocate carrying as much ammo in the gun as possible depending on your carry and conceal protocol that day. The idea of being able to effectively kill one person with 8 rounds of .45 may be right 90% of the time, but who is to say you need to do more killing than that? And who wants to do a speed reload in the middle of a gunfight? We don't determine the place or the time or the amount of adversaries we must face, but I know if I had to do a speed reload in a gunfight because I chose a 1911 over a more modern high capacity .45, I would be thinking why the fuck I carried that 1911 instead of a Glock, Sig, M&P, etc. Or just carry your 1911. YMMV.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co and karma points for you.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 12:26:39 PM »
I know i told this story before but  think it is appropriate for a rerun.

I was at a NRA event and was sitting at a 8 top dinner table with 7 other students. One of the folks at the table was a shooting sports shop owner. He told this story:

"The other night there was a attempted holdup at the  liqueur store down the street. The robber came in, held up a handgun and demanded cash from the shop owner."

"The shop owner reached down like he was getting the cash. Instead of cash he came up with a .357 mag and shot the robber in the chest."

As the story goes, "the robber stepped back and shouted to the shop owner, 'You f$%Ken shot me! You shot me!' The shop owner told the police later that he was shocked that the robber was still standing so he emptied four more rounds into the robber."

I read somewhere that unless there is total shock / distruction with a hand gun round most people don't die instantaneously. It may take as long as 15 seconds for blood to stop pumping even if you execute a perfect heart shot. Alot of things can happen in 15 seconds.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
I know i told this story before but  think it is appropriate for a rerun.

I was at a NRA event and was sitting at a 8 top dinner table with 7 other students. One of the folks at the table was a shooting sports shop owner. He told this story:

"The other night there was a attempted holdup at the  liqueur store down the street. The robber came in, held up a handgun and demanded cash from the shop owner."

"The shop owner reached down like he was getting the cash. Instead of cash he came up with a .357 mag and shot the robber in the chest."

As the story goes, "the robber stepped back and shouted to the shop owner, 'You f$%Ken shot me! You shot me!' The shop owner told the police later that he was shocked that the robber was still standing so he emptied four more rounds into the robber."

I read somewhere that unless there is total shock / distruction with a hand gun round most people don't die instantaneously. It may take as long as 15 seconds for blood to stop pumping even if you execute a perfect heart shot. Alot of things can happen in 15 seconds.

Double tap.  One to the torso to get their attention.  One to the head to stop the talking.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »
If price wasn't an issue i'd get an FNH but until then my EAA Witness .45 will do just fine, i love that gun.
Only a 10rd capacity but it will get the job done.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:26 AM »
HK 45 are nice.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
One day I will own a MK23.

Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

1000meterstare

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »
Now that I own one I am sold.  The Sig-Sauer P220 is the shiznit!  Familiarization with the weapon was soooo easy.  De-cock-only.  Fired lots of rounds thru it at the range yesterday.  4.4-lb trigger pull and off-the-hook accuracy.  Head shots whenever you please.  Leaves glock owners with comprable "skill level" in the dust.  MSRP $1000.00.  You get what you pay for...

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
Head shots whenever you please.

LOL!  At what distance?  LOL!    Just playing with you 1000!   :)

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
ONE LAST POINT, while I do prefer a 45acp, I prefer a 1911a1 design, as I know I have the parts and smarts to repair the gun top to bottom, can you all do that with a Glock or Sig? I know I have tried and it was difficult? Ditto a KH & K and parts affording?

1000meterstare

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »
All the 1911 dudes are gonna hate me for saying this, but the ROUND is more responsible for the 1911's popularity than the 1911 itself.  Think about it - for the first 40 + years of its inception the 1911 was the only autopistol that fired that round in any marketable quantity.  That round was so far ahead of its time.  Dudes in WWI averaged a buck-32.  The dudes in WW2 averaged a buck-44.  The "stopping power" from that round of a 100 years ago balanced with managed recoil and follow-up shots still applies today.  Do I feel undergunned with a single-stack .45ACP against a 280-lb attacker?  Hell, NO!  I must admit I never felt a perfect melding with the 1911 design as an extension of myself.  Beavertail crappo...it was a sound design but not one for me.  The Hi-Power is a simpler yet superior design from John Moses Browning...if only you could get one in .45 ACP. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/ar

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
All the 1911 dudes are gonna hate me for saying this, but the ROUND is more responsible for the 1911's popularity than the 1911 itself.  Think about it - for the first 40 + years of its inception the 1911 was the only autopistol that fired that round in any marketable quantity.  That round was so far ahead of its time.  Dudes in WWI averaged a buck-32.  The dudes in WW2 averaged a buck-44.  The "stopping power" from that round of a 100 years ago balanced with managed recoil and follow-up shots still applies today.  Do I feel undergunned with a single-stack .45ACP against a 280-lb attacker?  Hell, NO!  I must admit I never felt a perfect melding with the 1911 design as an extension of myself.  Beavertail crappo...it was a sound design but not one for me.  The Hi-Power is a simpler yet superior design from John Moses Browning...if only you could get one in .45 ACP. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/ar

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Though.... I do own one.  :))
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
1911's have never really felt right in my hand.  Been looking at the FNP Tactical.  Mostly because I'm a fan of silencers......It comes in flat dark earth with raised sights and threaded barrel, of course.....And all for a very competitive price.  I don't like the fact that it has a manual safety (personal preference that I know some of y'all don't agree with.)
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:46 AM »
If I were to go the route of a combat .45, this is what I would do. Rounding out at $1,073.95, that gives the 1911 and FNP .45 Tactical a run for it's money; literally cost wise...
Seem they have jacked the price on the FNP since the last time I looked (around $650.)   The FNP is not so attractive anymore (at around $1000).   If I'm gonna spend over a thousand putting together my dream .45, it's going to start with a Sig.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:47:58 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Colombo

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »
It's not small but...  CZ 97B

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-97-b/

1000meterstare

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 09:50:01 PM »
Hey Colombo - my buddy has a c-75 and swears by it!!  Good choice...

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
If you consider HK then look into the USP series. HK45s hold 10 +1 while the USP can hold 12 + 1. Most complaints I've read about the MK 23 SOCOM is that it is too big and should have been the size of the USP.

Only bummer is that the rail on the USPs is propriety so you'll have to buy a rail adaptor for using lights that are for the 1913 style rails.

Thats what I heard while looking into the USP .45 anyways.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
I don't care what came first. The MK23 is the shit and I want one.  :P