General Category > Security & Survival

Big Ammo review of commercial Ammo for commercial AR15s

<< < (2/4) > >>

CJS06:
Erick

Great write up.   I average about 15k rounds per year of 5.56.  Everything you found is exactly 100% consistent with what I have had experiences with.  I probably shoot more Wolf Gold (says .223 but this stuff is basically M193), PPU, or Armcor 55gr than any others. It all depends on pricing that I can get at the time I am ordering. For precision/ long distance  I like Black Hills 77gr TMK, but damn I sure cant afford to shoot much of it.  I dont shoot much steel case but not for the "wear out" factor....to be honest I dont have a good reason.  When ammo price start to creep up again I am sure that the percentage of steel case I shoot will go up drastically.

One additional item.  I will NOT shoot Fiocchi rifle ammo.  I had a double charge destroy an upper on a KAC rifle on me and was in a class where a BCM  blew up while shooting it.  To their credit they took care of me and prior to the problem I would have said it was comparable to PPU or Wolf Gold.....now I just cant bring myself to load it in a mag.

Right now I only have "Boutique Rifles" (Warsport, Noveske, Knights Armament) and they eat anything I through through them.

I buy from all of the same places.  A good site to find deals is:

http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/.223%252F5.56

Its a good place to see whats available on multiple sites.

My UPS driver hates me on ammo delivery days.

Erick:
More good reviews on Wolf.
55gr good velocity good breakup+tumble
62gr FMJ at first the velocity seems very hohum then you realize its 62gr
results what I expected

https://youtu.be/NBDmsAWltIg

https://youtu.be/gwY_lnabN6A

JohnyMac:
I just promoted this subject line to sticky. Upon rereading it I just want to thank Erick again for the effort he put into this review and the follow-up.  :cheers:

Nemo:
 :thumbsUp:  for writer and sticky maker.

Nemo

Erick:
Thanks fellas!  :dance:

Also here is an update for those who missed the Golden Tiger discussions (maybe an Admin can copy paste this as an addition on the bottom of the original post ( cannot Edit it):

Update:
Golden Tiger 56 gr FFMJBT: When GT entered the US market again in summer of 2015 their first batches had too hard primers.. much was written on this elsewhere on this forum...there were easy workarounds (upgrade firing pin +Wolff hammer spring) and the returns were sold for even cheaper than normal price...... The current batches sold have normal primers..so no upgrades needed.... GT.223 is reasonably accurate...and not too lightly loaded...(its not federal white box but still...and beautifully protected for long term storage in true old school Soviet style.. .Fully laquered with prominent sealant between bullet and case neck and around the primer. This round will last in storage which makes it especially attractive for preppers. Also its sold only about a penny around more than Tula55 gr which means its  a LOT of round for the money. I am stacking this deep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version