Author Topic: Apparently 1911's suck.  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Apparently 1911's suck.
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Re: Apparently 1911's suck.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
Somebody had to say it. >:D
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

UnBroken

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »
I respect his opinion. And glocks are better :))

backwoodsboy

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »
ask the nazis my grandpa shot with his 45 if its a sucky weapon. o yea i forgot there DEAD  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
BWB if you had watched the video you would have noticed he talked about the 1911's of the 40's and 50's that were hand assembled being very reliable weapons. He was talking about the mass produced out of the box 1911's of today.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
His shirt is pretty special.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

backwoodsboy

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »
BWB if you had watched the video you would have noticed he talked about the 1911's of the 40's and 50's that were hand assembled being very reliable weapons. He was talking about the mass produced out of the box 1911's of today.

o my bad i thought he was talking about the weapon in general

backwoodsboy

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »
now that i watched the video he is obviously full of dog shit, everyone i know that has one never has a problem, most of them being springfields.
i notice he says not very accurate, my uncle who is a vietnam vet bought his 1911 when he got out and he went out in the yard one day from 15 yards he shot all the pins of the clothes line not missing a single one. that dude should  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at himself

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:06 PM »
Slowly watch the video he says people used to complain because of the old sights meaning 40's sights. also most people who own 1911's don't shoot them enough to see any problems. The main issue is the owners.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »
is 5000 rounds with out any malfunctions good enough?

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »

He said 50,000 so no.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 11:37:15 PM »
 [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at 

I concur with his statements....firearms just are not built like they used to be gents.

Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »

He said 50,000 so no.

yea yea that guys just a fucking tool, i like how he bashes the 45 acp,i bet hes never been in combat, i can tell this by the trash he talks. the only reason the military shoots a 9mm is because its a nato round.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:43:21 PM by backwoodsboy »

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 11:47:06 PM »

He said 50,000 so no.

yea yea that guys just a fucking tool, i like how he bashes the 45 acp,i bet hes never been in combat, i can tell this by the trash he talks. the only reason the military shoots a 9mm is because its a nato round.

This guy was a private contractor. He is the founder of tactical response. He hits the range everyday for a living. He knows his shit, and you don't know shit. That is a big difference.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »
if he says the 1911 is rarely reliable hes smoking some crack, idk what kind hes seen, probably people who dont clean there weapon. i know 100 years from now 1911s will still be sending rounds down range, honestly i dont see a glock working 100 years from now. btw my friend dad has a glock 19 and ive witnessed several ftf.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »
i would also like to know how much glock paid him to make that video  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

UnBroken

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »

He said 50,000 so no.

Bro I'm sorry but who.the fuck are you to talk. You are not even 18 yet. You dont have a single right to call someone out on there career when you havent even started your own.

I'm a current member of the army and a 4 year vet of the marines. Combat mos. I have done 3 active tours and very well soon going to see a fourth and fifth. I have been in the shit and seen good men bleed out.

I have taken 2 of James yeagers classes as well as one from vickers and one from Magpul. James yeager may come of as a tool but he is a guy that has lived his tactics. He has been in the fucking grinder.  Some people question his teachings. I did at one point but after taking his classes. I see his point of view.

Just do me a favor. Don't speak from others experience, just your own. It makes you look half your age [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

backwoodsboy

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »
fuel hogg? wtf since when did we have a fuel hogg in the forums? you have to remember its all about money. glock would pay someone like this thousands to say that.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »
Why are you defending a gun you don't even own? If I remember right you use a bersa 380.

UnBroken

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »
fuel hogg? wtf since when did we have a fuel hogg in the forums? you have to remember its all about money. glock would pay someone like this thousands to say that.

Fuel hogg-- UnBroken I changed my name.

I'm sure glock would pay someone. But none the less he makes very valid points. I have bought my wifes kimber pro carry 2 and we had to replace the guide rod and afew external parts before it would work.

I had a colt. Never worked and I'm a gunsmith by trade. Or was before I reenlisted into the army. 1911 s are not combat pistols by any sence of the term. Glocks are.

I don't like glocks at all but i own two ...why? Because I see there place and what they bring to.the table....James has also stated in previous vids he does not work for any company but his own. He only is giving the advise that he has seen work and if I was someone like you.

I'd take the advise of my elders rather then think I know everything, yet you have never been anywhere
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:22:03 AM by Fuel Hogg »

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 04:41:04 AM »
Hello all, RON L here

While this Gent and IS entitled to his opinion, thats all it is to me and so many others that have carried, used and continue to use the 1911a1 or it;s clones each and every day! OH and By the way some of us DO KNOW OUR SHIT, and have for DECADES!!! His opinion is well Just HIS OPINION, we all know what they say about those??? LOL Like the 9MM Vs 45ACP debate it will never have an end and is a fun way to make your point but one side is more righgt than the other?  AR VS AK, I own Both for many reasons!

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 07:34:42 AM »
BWB, I would remind your arrogant ass that YOU have not seen combat yourself so refrain from mouthing off filling the forum with more of your uneducated and childish garbage.  If you have a educated or rational opinion, then please share it.

Good for your grandpa and your uncle and anyone else in your family that has been in the military and used the damn weapon in such roles.  You haven't and you need to step the fuck off when it comes to shit like this.  I challenge you to make ONE educated post on ANY weapon that comes from somewhere besides "well, my family member...".  This is this biggest over step you made a while back and you AGAIN are making it.

As to calling James a tool, you really show your age and ignorance.  Try learning more about the man and his qualifications to be making such comments before you rattle off your nonsense.  And try watching the full video carefully and processing a WHOLE ENTIRE thought, if its possible, before posting.

To the subject of the video, I have owned a 1911 and currently own a Glock.  I gave up the 1911 cause of the price of ammo and the headache with the mags lol.  Would I own one again, sure if it is of quality make.  But I won't be going out there and spending money on one when I have better things to buy and own a perfectly good sidearm.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 09:01:09 AM »
Damn Outonowhere.......

But how can anyone be viewed as trustworthy and competent while wearing a shirt like that? [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at ;D

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:58 PM »
1911's of way back when and today are 2 completly different animals. Today we have tured them into race guns for lack of better term. Todays 1911's are not combat guns. They are great for competitions, if you are very competant to keep them running. The 1911's of yesteryear... well at the time, they were some of the best around. Come forward 100 years and they are little more than race guns. Similar to revolvers. In their peak depending on time period SA or DA they were the best around. Come forward to today, and they still cetainly have their place. Hunting, backup gun, or potentially competition, but they are far from an ideal combat handgun. While I do not agree that glocks are the end all be all. I have seen plenty of glock fail even on a stagnant shooting range, I do agree 1911's are most likely not the best choice. At least not production guns. Perhaps custom or semi custom 1911's can fall into thet place, where everything is hand fitted. But then you are getting into a price point where your secondary is costing in some cases twice what your primary is. And for the vast majority of people that is just unreasonable. Epecially when there are several very very good options around the glock price point. Some of those options are just as good if not better for most people.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »
 [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at  fuckin a guys

alright here i go

1911's are never going to be as reliable as glocks
but unless you are going to war without a rifle or doing a shooting competition with 50,000 rounds fired in the match
WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK

both will go bang enough for you to protect yourself in any pistol fight

of course this only goes into effect if you got a good 1911

i personally carry either a colt gold cup or a ruger 1911 every fucking day
but i keep a M&P9 in my truck for when i cant carry, because glock/m&p have true FIREPOWER.

in close
pick which one you like the best and train train train
but in all reality glock/M&P are better than a 1911 in every way except putting them in a fire and seeing which one melts first
but both will serve you just fine every day of your life unless you should decide to go to war without a rifle

oh and bwb, shut the fuck up and open your eyes and ears, you just might learn something
Bursting bubbles since 2013