Author Topic: BUG OUT VEHICLE  (Read 18 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
BUG OUT VEHICLE
« on: May 13, 2024, 02:05:45 PM »
Oh, no!! I have a large SUV, V8, 4WD and this morning the damned thing dropped a drive shaft. I've heard of people dropping a drive shaft, but I'd never seen it happen. Thank goodness I was in my driveway. I knew there was a problem, but I didn't know what was causing a vibration. I was turning the SUV around in my driveway so it would be facing out when all of a sudden, I got nothing. I drove my car up to a mechanic friends' business and told him what happened, and he told me to bring it in and he could fix it. Then I went to towing buddy's business and paid them a reasonable towing fee to pick it up and drop it at my mechanic friend's shop. I grabbed some guy wire cable out of my shed and lifted the drive shaft up so the towing guy would be able to haul it onto a rollback truck. While I was under there, I noticed that I need to have both Swingarms are rusted out and I'll have them replaced while it's in the shop. Hmmm.... He said he would be here after lunch but its 2PM and so far, no show. Well, it ain't going no place until he comes anyway. :popcorn:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: BUG OUT VEHICLE
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 04:11:19 PM »
Oops... What I was calling Swingarms turned out to be Lateral Braces. The towing guy showed up and then my mechanic guy called to tell me the sad news about what it was going to cost me. Anyway, I drove up to his shop and fronted him the money for the parts and gave him $200 towards the labor. After he got a chance to look at the problem, he told me that both lateral braces broke and that's when everything shifted backwards and the drive shaft fell out of the transmission.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: BUG OUT VEHICLE
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 06:50:05 PM »
OUCH!  :facepalm:

I dropped a drive shaft in my '09 F-150 about 2-years after I purchased the truck. I was lucky, Ford paid for everything INCLUDING a rental.

Good luck Brother. :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.