Author Topic: Glock Survival Parts Kit.  (Read 762 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Glock Survival Parts Kit.
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:19:57 AM »
See Below.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: Glock Survival Parts Kit.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 09:28:19 PM »
My glock is far more dependable than my 1911 or any other 1911 but maybe its just me  :trolling:
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline SemperParatus

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 06:26:29 AM »
When I went through the law enforcement academy our firearms instructor walked in the room with two big canvass bags the first one contained several types and sizes of revolvers and the second contained several types and sizes of semi-automatics.  The last weapon he pulled out was a Glock and he said "this company called Glock sent me this piece of sh#t plastic gun and asked if I would test it in the academy".  He then said that they have run over 8 thousand rounds through it and have never cleaned it and it still runs.  He then threw it down the isle and bounced it of a brick wall and said " this thing is indestructable".  All of us students had an opportunity to shoot the G-19 and I have been in love with Glock pistols every since.
Always Prepared

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 08:00:55 AM »
I would def take Glock over 1911 in most cases. I eventually want to standardize my handguns to Glocks only because parts may be more available after SHTF and if I run an AR9 eventually they take glock mags so it is less logistics.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
I gave up plastic guns when I was 10.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »
Oh boy  :trolling:

1) The Glock is a very good firearm, the reason being is they go bang every time you pull that trigger thingy. I was at a training camp one day when the instructor pulled out his Glock and threw it into a nasty, muddy puddle. He did this because one of the students was bullying him about his choice to carry.

The instructor then pulled the Glock out of the puddle pointed the weapon down range and fired several shots with no hiccups. The instructor then turned to the big mouth and said, "Your turn". The big mouth just shook his head and declined to mimic the instructor with his Sig Sauer. 

2) The 1911 is a century + battle weapon. As a matter of fact this weapon has been manufactured by countless companies around the world. More than the Glock and for good reason. It is simple and in .45 ACP round, a handgun that has quite the stopping power up till newly developed rounds in lessor calibers have been introduced to the market.

3) I carry my Kimber 1911 Eclipse often as my EDC. It is heavy and the two mags I carry with it are a nice balance to my belt on my weak side. I also use to carry that handgun on my battle belt but made a change back in 2016 to a S&W M&P. The reasons in no particular order were:

1) Loaded up with a full mag (17+1) and a Stream Lite attached, it is lighter than the loaded 1911 with a full mag (8+1).
2) With the development of 9mm ammo of late, the 9mm is more powerful when you look at bullet energy then the .45 ACP.
3) More ammo at hand with greater bullet energy is another factor we can all look at.
4) The S&W M&P has almost the same ergonomics as the 1911 which is what I am use to, so it was a natural go to handgun for me.

I have done similar tests, not purposely mind you, as the instructor I started out with in this opinion piece. I have pulled it out of the dirt, mud, creek, etc. and every time it goes bang.

In closing, I will NEVER champion one pistol design over another; However, I will champion one company over another. Case in point...Kimber 1911's are far better made than a Taurus 1911. There are others I could make a comparison over but won't to avoid too much  :trolling: here.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »
And I take my Springfield XD over everything :) as JMac points out, the gun that you find most reliable and most accurate is the best.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »
I gave up plastic guns when I was 10.

Nemo

How many plastic AR's do you own?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »
How many plastic AR's do you own?

None. 

But I will admit I do own a Hi Point C-9 and 995 Carbine, both 9mm with interchangeable magazines.

I purchased 3 C-9s for $50 each in a bucket, sent 2 back to factory for service and then sold them for $125 each.  So of the deal I have a free gun and am $100 ahead.

But I did take that $100 and buy a case of Mich Light, and spent the other $75 for a 90 round magazine for ARs.  I traded the magazine for a Hi Point 995 carbine.

Basically I got a free case of beer and pistol/carbine combo. 

Interested in purchasing the pair?

Nemo
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 02:27:16 PM by Nemo »

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 06:46:18 PM »
Mich light  :facepalm: