Author Topic: Wow, I might have saved somebody's life.  (Read 1322 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Wow, I might have saved somebody's life.
« on: January 26, 2023, 01:38:39 AM »
Over a year ago, I went from neighbor to neighbor(only the one's that I knew owned a firearm) and presented them with a transceiver Handy-Talkie with wall charger. I told them that things were going to go bad soon and that they should stock up on long shelf life food and supplies. When things go bad, it will be time to turn those radios on 24/7 in case someone needs help. Well, tonight I ran into one of my neighbor MAG members(very informal MAG) and I mentioned how prices have gone crazy and that it was only going to get worse. He said that he has started stocking up on lots and lots of canned goods and other non perishable foods. He also said that his brother has chickens for eggs and that he was seriously thinking about buying some chickens for the eggs. Well, that's one idiot neighbor that I won't have to feed when the SHTF. As I was finishing our chat, I mentioned that it we might have to start watching out for folks from the city showing up to take our stuff. He said, "Don't worry, I have a hole puncher". Now, I hope the rest of my neighbors also took what I told them and started preparing for bad times.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:44:34 AM by pkveazey »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Wow, I might have saved somebody's life.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 04:20:15 PM »
Awesome PKv  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline mfitzy111

• Prepper Apprentice
Re: Wow, I might have saved somebody's life.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 09:56:59 PM »
PK-

that's a good start! I hope more neighbors get prepping so they don't become problems later.

I did the same thing around my AO - gave a neighbor a baofeng, another neighbor one, and a buddy or two one Baofeng...when things got bad in 2020 (well they really haven't got better yet), at least one of my neighbors said if things happen he'd be listening. The other lady across the street doesn't really turn her radio on unless the power goes out here. I've helped plow both of them out with my quad. It's a good item to create a network locally.

Good deal.
~MFitzy111 - Mike