Author Topic: Cutting/Cooking Venison Methods  (Read 884 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Cutting/Cooking Venison Methods
« on: April 18, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
info, lessons and start of discussion.  Click the link and look at the pics there.  Lots of good info and instructions.

Go read it all.  Well worth the time and effort and you might want to print the story for your cooking folder.

Nemo

https://www.outdoorlife.com/best-ways-cook-every-cut-venison

One of the most frequent questions hunters ask me is how to cook a certain cut of meat. The answer to that question depends not only on the cut, but also your cooking abilities and dish preferences. Which means this cut-by-cut guides is going to be tailored to my culinary tastes, and how I break down my animals. This is by no means the only way to butcher and cook your cuts, but this is how I get the best results when using the whole deer. There are also some useful guidelines below—regardless of individual preferences—that will hopefully keep folks from attempting to grill shanks or stew backstrap.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:15:12 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline zeerf

• Prepper
Re: Cutting/Cooking Venison Methods
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 08:18:21 PM »
I want to get back to hunting and would like to also do as much of this as possible. In the past we just took the field stripped deer to a local butcher and picked it all back up nicely packaged. Will be trying to do more of it myself and even have been looking into some butchering classes. Great post and thanks for sharing Nemo.
 :thumbsUp: