General Category > Sustenance

Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Soup

<< < (2/2)

Nemo:
Pison I say!  It'll kill you deader than a hammer. 

Nemo

JohnyMac:
Well starting noonish we are supposed to receive 10-12" of snow over 24-hrs this weekend. We will see.  :popcorn:

Anyway, I thought that this would be a good recipe to throw into the slow cooker for tonight. It is easy and after cooking it stays warm on the back of the stove nicely if guests stop by. I will probably make some rye bread to go with it later this afternoon. I have a new crusty crust recipe to try out.

We often loose our power during any kind of weather event. So even if the soup is not done when that happens, I will just pop the ceramic pot out of the slow cooker and put into our propane oven at 325 degrees or set on our woodstove till done.

Bon Apetit!  :cheers:

Jackalope:
I remember days like that, and vegetable beef soup with homemade bread was the perfect meal for that kind of weather.  I always made mine on the wood stove, from start to finish.  I need to get some soup bones, just in case we get a day like that, but I haven't had to shovel snow in the five years I've been down south.  Don't miss shoveling snow...

JohnyMac:
Jackalope,  :lmfao: :lmfao: :thumbsUp: :cheers:

Felix:
Yup, the woodstove's the ticket - while heating the home, it doubles as an ideal hot plate, no utility bill for electricity or propane.     Makes the house smell good too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version