General Category > Sustenance

Elec Power Generation

(1/1)

Nemo:
2Kw storage, fits in your basement, not photo volts, get your exercise when bunkered up.

This looks interesting.

Nemo

https://www.tukasev.com/en/

JohnyMac:
Only 2.5K euros.  :facepalm:

Jackalope:
Well, a human can only produce 50-100 watts when pedaling.  When the battery gets depleted, it'll take a long time to replenish it.  I have a pedal generator in one of my sheds, built for about $100 using an old exercise bike, a v-belt and a tape drive motor for the generator.  It works, but it has those physical limitations. 

pkveazey:
We all know that Food, Water, Shelter, and Security are paramount to survive, but Electricity is right up there with the big boys. Everybody is aware of power generators and solar systems but there are several other ways to make electricijuice. If your solar system didn't get quite enough sun to top off your battery system, You can always connect jumper cables to your car and top off 12 volt batteries connected in parallel and it will get you through the night. Since I have 2 auto mechanics living within one block of me, and they are part of my Mag, I have a brand new 12 volt automobile alternator in my shed and I can get one of them to concoct a charging system that is either manually turned, wind turned, or water turned. I also bought a 100 watt solar panel, and extra charge controller and have a bunch of old dead 12 volt batteries in the shed and a 500 watt, 12 volt DC to 120 volt AC inverter because you can bet the farm that my neighbors are going to need to charge all their battery operated electronics and flashlights. Fortunately, most all of my MAG members have Generators. I'm just looking ahead at possible gasoline shortages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version