Author Topic: 2016 Seed Exchange  (Read 1761 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
2016 Seed Exchange
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »
Unchainedpreppers;

This subject line will be for you to list 2016 heirloom seeds that you will want to trade for other forum members heirloom seeds.

I will set the exchange rate at 1 for 1 (1:1) - One seed for one seed.

List the 2016 heirloom seeds on this subject line. If you want to trade your extra seeds for someone else's extra seeds PM them and set up the deal. Once the trade is made do a strike out of what you have up for trade. As you have more and more seeds available, do a modify of your original list by adding your new seeds available for trade. 

I will start out with this small list. I will be adding to it as they come available.

Available today:
Cilantro
Dill
Cherokee Tomatoes (They have a purplish hue to them and they are similar to Brandy-wine tomatoes)

To come:
Flint popping corn
Tomatoes (Brandy-wine, German and Amish paste)
Yellow Summer squash
Zucchini
Acorn Squash
Butternut squash
Cucumbers (Salad & Boston)
Green beans (Bush)
Lima beans (Bush)
Jack Lantern pumpkins
Watermelons (Don't know variety, they just grew???)
Cantaloupes
Sweet Peppers
Hot Peppers (Scottish bonnets, Hungarian, Jalapeno)
Basil
Maybe others. I will add to available when ready to send

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: 2016 Seed Exchange
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
I don't have anything unique to trade but I do have a mess of Sandia Chile seed that I'd send to anyone who wanted to try growing it on the agreement that they posted photos of it in their garden :)

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
No seed saved this year, but it's a great idea!  I'm still trying to get my plants to survive the bugs!
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »
@ TG - I am game but obviously the pictures wouldn't be forth coming till spring/summer 2017.
@ Wellie - Bugs? What kind of bugs and on what veggies? This year, I have no bug issues (yet). Do you rotate your crops? I never plant the same seeds/seedling's in the same spot year after year. I use a plot map and rotate the crops around the garden year over year.   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:08:48 PM »
Worst offenders are Japanese Beetles (destroyed our potato leaves - still need to dig 'em up and see if we got any underground), squash bugs (completely killed one of my zucchinis, the other is slowly coming back, but the sons of guns are moving to my pumpkins), and some sort of worm/moth that's eaten my broccoli and Brussels sprouts to the point where they're unharvestable.  I just picked up some neem oil and will make up a solution with Dawn to spray and see if I can take care of them.
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 08:29:42 PM »
@WPW
Don't use Dawn or any of the common detergents on vegetation that is intended for consumption.  They all contain cancer causing petroleum based surfactants & preservatives (phenoxyehtanol, etc.) that will end up in the final produce.  Find something that is plant-based such as "Earth Friendly Products Ultra Dishmate." 

Also adding tobacco to your solution will help a lot...make a tea out of snuff or chewing tobacco...I speak out of past experience.  Be sure to spray both sides of all leaves.  You can also add real lemon juice.

Then again WPW, please feel free to ignore my suggestions if you feel triggered by any of my previous white-male-privilege-micro-aggresions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:43:35 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 10:26:24 PM »
@WPW
Don't use Dawn or any of the common detergents on vegetation that is intended for consumption.  They all contain cancer causing petroleum based surfactants & preservatives (phenoxyehtanol, etc.) that will end up in the final produce.  Find something that is plant-based such as "Earth Friendly Products Ultra Dishmate." 

Here is a suggestion, it is a Castile type soap.
https://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/category/SALSUDSCLEANER.html

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »
Thanks for the info Special-K.  Hadn't thought about that side of things. 

And for the record, I'm ignoring the last bit of your comment. *smiles sweetly*

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »
if you feel triggered by any of my previous white-male-privilege-micro-aggresions.

I was not triggered but I was offended by your not giving credence to anyone being offended or triggered by your micro-aggressions and WMP.

And now I am more offended and triggered by your lack of noting an offensive trigger warning at the beginning of your post.

Now I have to go spend the rest of the evening in my safe space.  You need to take some social justice training.

Nemo  8)
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 11:15:19 PM »
I was not triggered but I was offended by your not giving credence to anyone being offended or triggered by your micro-aggressions and WMP.

And now I am more offended and triggered by your lack of noting an offensive trigger warning at the beginning of your post.

Now I have to go spend the rest of the evening in my safe space.  You need to take some social justice training.

I apologize for invading your safe-space.
Self-flagellation commencing.

Show content
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride