Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
News & Politics / Re: Concord Hymn
« Last post by Nemo on April 21, 2024, 07:52:35 PM »
Ain't bad, when I was a kid my favorite cartoon character was Felix the Cat.

Nemo

« Last post by Felix on April 21, 2024, 01:29:19 PM »
Yeah... my ears were burning.    ;-
« Last post by JohnyMac on April 21, 2024, 10:21:33 AM »
Nemo, duly noted and fixed. Sorry.  :cheers:
Security & Survival / Re: WARNING - Mental Health
« Last post by Deathstyle on April 21, 2024, 07:36:25 AM »
Bear Independent posted a very brief video on his YT channel about how EMDR helped him with his issues, particularly where he started to like the taste of Glocks.

The off the cuff filming and the brief length w the shocking ending has wondering how well he is really doing now.

Hopefully ppl in his like checked in on him

« Last post by Nemo on April 20, 2024, 07:27:19 PM »
But, but , but, I'm watching my favorite TV program, and I don't want to miss it. :facepalm:

As long as you are doing that and brain working on the program you should be good.  If not, just work harder to figure out what your watching and how its the govt taking over your brain and you will be busy enough.

And remember, we are all crazy to still be alive in this world.

Nemo
« Last post by pkveazey on April 20, 2024, 05:08:21 PM »
Believe it or not, I have reverse Mental Illness. Years ago, I had absolutely no stress in my life and I would wake up between 3 AM and 3:15 AM and felt like I couldn't breathe, and I would panic. One time I woke up and panicked so bad that I ran through the house and broke a lamp and a small display case and then passed out in the bathroom. I went to the Doctor and spelled it all out and he gave me some low dose XANAX and he told me that I should take one anytime I felt edgy or anxious. To this day, I keep some with me all the time. The other day I mentioned it to a psychiatrist and in 2 seconds he said, "Lack of stimulation". I thought about it for a moment and realized that he was spot on. Anytime I'm focused on something like driving, playing my guitar, fooling with Ham Radio, target practice, or doing any kind of work, I never have a panic attack. I'm one of those people that always wants to be doing something and when I'm not my body slaps me and says "Hey, do something constructive idiot". The only thing I have to worry about XANAX is, you better not stop cold turkey because it can cause seizures or something worse. It is very comforting to now know exactly why I had those panic attacks. Yeah, I know, instead of taking a pill when I'm edgy I should just go and grab my guitar and play for a while. But, but , but, I'm watching my favorite TV program, and I don't want to miss it. :facepalm:
« Last post by Sir John Honeybucket on April 20, 2024, 05:03:14 PM »
While this is indeed true, still I find it better that like the leftist before him, he set himself on fire, rather than doing it to some innocent passer-by.

Any break in the chain of prescription drugs could impact many innocents as well as not-so-innocents.  A large percentage of the prison population is on anti-depressants and other mood control drugs as well as the anti-retrovirals for HIV/AIDS.  This costs we the tax payers thousands of additional dollar for each criminal. If these drugs stop, it will absolutely have impact on the greater society, particularly as the politicians will likely require their release because they are no comfortable in prison (pro tip: if you don't like prison, don't commit crimes. )

Speaking of self medicating, time to get back to my pipe ( tobacco, only ) and Stolichnaya vodka.

Sir John Honeybucket
« Last post by grizz on April 20, 2024, 01:24:29 PM »
With the news of the man setting himself on fire in Manhattan yesterday, I suspect we will be seeing more and more wacky behavior going forward. Wacky things from basic depression and withdrawal all the way to inflicting pain on others ala Timothy McVeigh. Many of the folks in my sphere are making fun of this incident in New York City yesterday, I tend to feel bad for this poor tortured soul. I do not know all the particulars in this case, not that we will ever know, however, his soul must have been severally torqued.

As the divide continues to be driven by the elites within the country between factions, I suspect we will see more of this type of thing. Hopefully, it does not manifest in nastiness towards others.

Then when the SHTF does arrive, can you imagine how this form of collective mental illness will increase. Especially if legal prescription drugs become less available? Let's not even speak of legal prescription drugs but lack of alcohol.

As we read in the Bible, alcohol has been used by society for millennium as a way of a self-prescribed mind altering drug. Just food for thought.

Now let's not only think about the mental disorders in people we come in contact with during everyday life but our immediate family and friends. Members of our MAG. What about yourself? I suggest you have this discussion amongst yourselves now, before the SHTF down the pike.

As already been written, the tragedy in NYC is just the beginning and we will see more and more people act out. Keep your head on a swivel.

:popcorn:

Th

Have you ever had the opportunity to read the side affects of most of the prescription drugs, especially the ones targeting depression?

To understand the side effects you need to understand the symptoms which include drowsiness, thoughts of hurting yourself or others and many others

- The side effects of the meds are exactly the same!! Why would they be giving someone with tendencies to hurt themselves or others a medication that will encourage those tendencies??? They state that you need to slowly come off the meds by reducing the dose over a period of time. Stopping immediately will or could send a person into some sort of emotional overload

"They" are setting us up for something and its not good

I just thought of a story related to this

- A friend had to put her brother into the VA health care system for emotional issues. He had issues but not terrible. The VA prescribed some meds which turned him into a zombie and when he started to come off his meds (between doses) he would get vocally abusive towards the medical staff. Since they had him under their control they just changed the meds which made things worse to the extent that they had him secured to the bed. My friend and her family were absolutely outraged over this and started working on getting his meds changed, dr. changed etc...

Long story short, it took my friend and her family years to get him transferred to another facility where he was slowly taken off the bad meds and he became "normal" again. He was never 100% the man he used to be but he was civil, loving and respectful once again.
News & Politics / Re: The Reset Is Coming
« Last post by grizz on April 20, 2024, 01:02:55 PM »
I am just like Toby Keith.

Ain't as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was.

Nemo

I ain't as good as I once was
I got a few years on me now
But there was a time, back in my prime
When I could really lay it down
If you need some love tonight
Then I might have just enough
I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once
As I ever was

Yep, I love that song and get a chuckle every time I hear it
« Last post by Nemo on April 20, 2024, 11:45:53 AM »