Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Wild Weather...Again!
« Last post by Jackalope on Today at 09:29:09 AM »
   We're on the Cumberland Plateau, at about 1900'-2000' elevation.  And it's another beautiful day here!
« Last post by Nemo on Today at 07:48:05 AM »
Yeah, glad you are dry now. Storms can be scary.  How far up the side of the mountain are you?

Nemo
News & Politics / Re: I Am A Risk To The Empire - Biden
« Last post by Nemo on Today at 07:45:48 AM »
I give Tucker a lot of credibility.  I give him a lot of sensationalism too.

This is interesting but needs more digging.

How long has this been going on?  Another source?  Updated info?

Nemo

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/05/31/biden-accuser-tara-reade-flees-to-moscow-criticizes-us-as-being-unsafe/70271881007/

Biden accuser Tara Reade bolts US for Russia, saying she fears for her safety
Josh Meyer
USA TODAY
Date will not copy over but it show May 31, 2023

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/30/tara-reade-defects-russia-biden
 This article is more than 11 months old
Tara Reade, who accused Joe Biden of sexual assault, defects to Russia
Radio / Re: Pro-Hamas Protesters Now Using GMRS For Comms
« Last post by pkveazey on Today at 12:22:48 AM »
Using PL tones or CTS tones is not going to stop people from hearing the message. When it gets bad enough, it's going to be just like war. Shoot the guy holding the radio first. :boltAction:
« Last post by Jackalope on Today at 12:19:33 AM »
     A radio transmitter can be located within seconds, if the proper equipment is available.  Amateur radio operators actually have competitions that focus on locating transmitters, using just very basic equipment, often just a receiver with a signal strength meter, an attenuator, and a directional (yagi) antenna.  Those FRS and GMRS Walmart radios would be extremely easy to find.

If these protestors have proper training, they would know how to use comms to direct their troops, and it seems like they do indeed have training.  As noted, command could use brevity codes to direct squad leaders, and those listening in won't have any idea what's being sent.  They probably have multiple battle plans, and they just need to advise which plan to use.  It would be very simple.  Seems like they used comms back during the 2020 festivities too.
« Last post by grizz on May 09, 2024, 09:18:42 PM »
OK I'm not a radio guy like the rest of you but here are my .02

Codes and whatnot for the fancy rigs is cool but there are too many idiots in the mix of people and codes will be forgotten or easily given up during interrogation plus they may be trackable in some form of triangulation or something....

The simple walmart radios are easy to use, easy to understand and as far as I know they cannot be "found" because the signals are so common and weak.

Most importantly, in my eyes, these protest are designed to test the defenses of the police (or whoever) and perfect the aggressive actions of their main force(s) so comms are not that important. The leaders want to be able to send in multiple groups with each group having an task independent of the other groups, to create the most chaos.

What are your thoughts??
« Last post by JohnyMac on May 09, 2024, 08:02:56 PM »
Jackalope, great to read you are safe!

Man o'man you certainly receive some serious weather. We get tornadoes too but a bit south of us in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. Nothing this far north.

six inches+ of rain...WOW!  :facepalm:

Thx for the AAR.  :thumbsUp:
« Last post by JohnyMac on May 09, 2024, 07:59:34 PM »
Great suggestions Jackalope.  :thumbsUp: :cheers:
General Discussion / Wild Weather...Again!
« Last post by Jackalope on May 09, 2024, 06:58:34 PM »
    Yesterday and last night was pretty wild here in middle Tennessee.  We had a number of systems come through.  How many?  I have no idea!  It just seemed like a continuous bout of storms.  We had multiple thunderstorms during the day, but the fun came after sunset.  I was watching the hazardous weather approach on radar, and listening to a weather net on the local 2 meter repeater.  As the mass of storms came, there was almost continuous lightning, it was quite impressive.  Then the weather radio squawked again, warning of an approaching tornado, and then my cellphone and my stepson's cellphone activated with a tornado warning message. 

We quickly retreated to the basement with our dogs and waited.  I had already pre-staged leashes, my bugout bag, a raincoat, and a lantern.  We had to exit the house to go down in the basement.  The thunder was horrendous, and the rain was truly a deluge.  The dogs behaved well under unusual circumstances.  After about 45 minutes, that particular system finally passed through.  In about an hours time we got over 6 inches of rain.  My rain gauge only goes up to six inches, and it was overflowing.  We were fortunate.  We never lost power, though many in the area did.  Amazingly, this wasn't the end of the storms.  More storms formed within an hour, and we had thunder and lightning until dawn.  Tornadoes suck when they occur at night...

Today, we have blue sky, cooler temperatures and a brisk breeze.  There's no question that some sort of a storm shelter is a necessity here, whether a basement or a formal shelter.  I believe this is the fourth or fifth time we've had to seek shelter over the past five years.  It adds a little spice to life and makes you appreciate the fair weather days.  As far as damage, my driveway was washed out a bit, but the damage was relatively minor.  All in all, it was an interesting day and night!  I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight!
« Last post by Jackalope on May 09, 2024, 06:33:37 PM »
    Or they could just acquire some Chinese or Japanese portables that have digital modes, i.e., DMR, DSTAR, or Yaesu System Fusion.  It would give them some privacy, just by the virtue of being a digital signal.  The Empire would certainly figure it out, but it might take some time, and by then the event would be over.

Or better yet, get some of the TYT radios, certain models do have an encryption capability.  It would give the signals intelligence workers something to do... our tax dollars at work!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10