Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Quick JohnyMac Update
« Last post by zanedclark on Today at 08:57:16 AM »
The good news is you are on the mend.

zane
Radio / Re: April 2024 ERIN SOI
« Last post by pkveazey on March 27, 2024, 07:13:18 PM »
Is the phone alternate 3.989 a typo? We've been using 3.898 on phone. 3.989 only leaves us 11Khz headroom before we run out of band. Just asking for a friend. :what:
« Last post by JohnyMac on March 27, 2024, 05:19:40 PM »
Thank you gents  :thumbsUp:  :cheers:

Jackalope, 69 this past February  :dancingBanana: Thx for volunteering to be NCS when we move back to 40-meters. April 2nd will be the first night.  :dance:

All good. All part of the learning process.

« Last post by grizz on March 27, 2024, 04:29:16 PM »
Sorry to hear all that, prayer are with you and the mrs...
« Last post by Felix on March 27, 2024, 03:47:58 PM »
JMac, you are too young to be fooling round with this nonsense - I reckon that with focus and return to activity, you'll be right as rain in no time.
And many thanks for your good service here.
But.   Don't make me come over there to nurse you!
(one thing you _might_ try is intermittent fasting, with a healthy dram of moonshine midday.   No.   I'm not joking here.    Some of the "old ways" have been very mistakenly put aside in favor of "modern" poison)
« Last post by Jackalope on March 27, 2024, 03:20:26 PM »
    It's good to hear that you're on the mend, Johny!  Like most folks, I try to limit my visits to hospitals.  I've noticed I get very little rest in hospitals, which makes it more difficult to recuperate.

I offer my services as NCS, when the net is on 40 meters.  75 meters is hit or miss, and I'm way too south to be an effective NCS on 75 meters.  I'm looking forward to the seasonal transition to 40 meters.

Hey, Johny, did you turn 68 or 69?  I thought you are just a few months older than me. Happy belated birthday!
« Last post by Nemo on March 27, 2024, 02:43:56 PM »
FiL had gout.  Best cure for him (in his mind anyway)  was vinegar.  He did a couple tablespoons every morning of basic apple cider stuff and claimed it works.

Had some stomach issues but it was not related at all. By his beliefs.  But his gout was only a minor problem.

So, give that the credibility you deem proper.

Nemo
Radio / Re: October 2023 ERIN Net SOI
« Last post by JohnyMac on March 27, 2024, 01:35:28 PM »
ERIN Digital & Phone net Tuesday April 2, 2024; go Here for Current SOI
Radio / April 2024 ERIN SOI
« Last post by JohnyMac on March 27, 2024, 01:28:35 PM »
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO CHANGES TO DIGITAL FREQUENCY THIS MONTH. WE WILL GO TO 40-METERS FOR PHONE THIS MONTH.

The next ERIN(2) net will be Tuesday April 2, 2024, starting at 1900 hrs. eastern with the digital ERIN net. The PACE for that net is as follows,

1) At 1900E hrs. digital net (NCS is usually on frequency at 1850E hrs.) will commence.
Primary         3.588 USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Alternate       7.110Mhz USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Signal(1). Do I have your cell phone number?

When the Net Control Station (NCS) calls for check-in's this is the reporting format,

de your call, your call/name/location/W-TFC or No-TFC/ de your call

All traffic (TFC) will be passed via MFSK32. I suggest using the FLmsg ICS-213 or the AmRRON Custom forms.

NCS will convert mode from C-4/250 (Contestia 4/250) to MFSK32 and then instruct check-ins one at a time to pass TFC.

Once TFC is complete, NCS will return mode back to C-4/250 for the wrap up of the QSO.

2) At 2000E hrs. (I am typically on frequency at 1950E hrs.) will commence.

Primary         7.192 Mhz LSB or higher till clear air (New as May 2023)
Alternate       3.989 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air

The above SOI will be used at first, if the interwiz is taken down through Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions. Then we will develop and share a revised SOI.

73 & God Bless,
JohnMac

(1)  The Signal App is being used instead of text for emergency's. Go to my post When The Interwize Goes Dark
      post, for an explanation.

(2) A quick history of ERIN (Eastern, Region, Information, Network). Just after President trump declared a state of

emergency, March 2020, I was asked by NC Scout (Brushbeater.org) to NCS a Covid-19 net, as we were
     worried that misinformation, intentional or unintentional, was coming out of the main stream media. The net
     was five days a week, Monday through Friday and it was a voice net (phone).

June of the same year, the net was reduced to three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By August it
     was reduced to one day a week, Tuesday evening's at 2000E Hrs.

As digital grew in popularity, I introduced a digital net at 1900E Hrs. the same night.

These two nets have been every Tuesday night since January 2021 with only a few interruptions due to
     electrical storms in my AO.

The purpose of these nets is to do the following,

> Fellowship, connect hams with other hams,
     > Testing of equipment and alternate modes,
     > Pass traffic concerning ones AO. Traffic typically consists of,
        - Localized weather report if out of the ordinary.
        - Fuel availability & prices, petrol/Diesel.
        - Civil unrest if any.
        - Unusual Military movement if any.
        - Other interesting local news.
      > Training. To help hams become more confident in TXing & RXing, practice being a NC or ANC station, and all
          other that applies to prepare for a localized or national drama, and
      > Serve as a conduit to connect hams who have radio equipment to sell or looking for.

I want to thank all the hams that regularly participate on these nets. I am looking for NCS volunteers, in case one day I am hit by a bus. 
Radio / Re: March 2024 ERIN SOI
« Last post by JohnyMac on March 27, 2024, 01:27:11 PM »
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO CHANGES TO PHONE FREQUENCY THIS MONTH. WE WILL GO TO 40-METERS IN APRIL.

The next ERIN(2) net will be Tuesday April 22024, starting at 1900 hrs. eastern with the digital ERIN net. The PACE for that net is as follows,

1) At 1900E hrs. digital net (NCS is usually on frequency at 1850E hrs.) will commence.
Primary         3.588 USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Alternate       7.110Mhz USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall

When the Net Control Station (NCS) calls for check-in's this is the reporting format,

de your call, your call/name/location/W-TFC or No-TFC/ de your call

All traffic (TFC) will be passed via MFSK32. I suggest using the FLmsg ICS-213 or the AmRRON Custom forms.

NCS will convert mode from C-4/250 (Contestia 4/250) to MFSK32 and then instruct check-ins one at a time to pass TFC.

Once TFC is complete, NCS will return mode back to C-4/250 for the wrap up of the QSO.

2) At 2000E hrs. (I am typically on frequency at 1950E hrs.) will commence.

Primary         7.192 Mhz LSB or higher till clear air (New as May 2023)
Alternate       3.989 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air

The above SOI will be used at first, if the interwiz is taken down through Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions. Then we will develop and share a revised SOI.

73 & God Bless,
JohnMac

(1)  The Signal App is being used instead of text for emergency's. Go to my post When The Interwize Goes Dark

post, for an explanation.

(2) A quick history of ERIN (Eastern, Region, Information, Network). Just after President trump declared a state of

emergency, March 2020, I was asked by NC Scout (Brushbeater.org) to NCS a Covid-19 net, as we were
     worried that misinformation, intentional or unintentional, was coming out of the main stream media. The net
     was five days a week, Monday through Friday and it was a voice net (phone).

June of the same year, the net was reduced to three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By August it
     was reduced to one day a week, Tuesday evening's at 2000E Hrs.

As digital grew in popularity, I introduced a digital net at 1900E Hrs. the same night.

These two nets have been every Tuesday night since January 2021 with only a few interruptions due to
     electrical storms in my AO.

The purpose of these nets is to do the following,

> Fellowship, connect hams with other hams,
     > Testing of equipment and alternate modes,
     > Pass traffic concerning ones AO. Traffic typically consists of,
        - Localized weather report if out of the ordinary.
        - Fuel availability & prices, petrol/Diesel.
        - Civil unrest if any.
        - Unusual Military movement if any.
        - Other interesting local news.
      > Training. To help hams become more confident in TXing & RXing, practice being a NC or ANC station, and all
          other that applies to prepare for a localized or national drama, and
      > Serve as a conduit to connect hams who have radio equipment to sell or looking for.

I want to thank all the hams that regularly participate on these nets. I am looking for NCS volunteers, in case one day I am hit by a bus. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10