Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News & Politics / Re: FBI Deputy Director Fired by FBI
« Last post by Kbop on Today at 02:20:42 PM »
charging him would bring up alot of 'stuff' some people wouldn't want in the media - called as a rebuttal witness.  -its fairly common for FBI prosecutions to get evidence in the back door that way.
« Last post by Nemo on Today at 02:16:26 PM »
:coffeeNews:  there are a few on UCP old enough to remember the Nixon era.

I was almost old enough to vote for Nixon. 

I have a small suspicion the next presidential election will be similar.  A Nixon type (conservative type, small possibility not Trump) running against a very liberal McGovern type. 

Anyone want to make good guess on the results?  Based on current politics of course.

As far as McCabe, his wife ran in the election for a Va House seat last November.  She has lots of funds ($472K from Common Good VA) to spend based on money donated by by shlinton foundation arranged by the then governor of Va, McCauliff.  NOte, McCauliff may be a candidate for 2020 prez election.  He has commented he is best to take on Trump.

Anyway, to McCabe, he was doing a lot of campaigning for his wife while she was running.  Very close to outside permissible for his position.

I suspect the far left liberal will be so far left there will be little if no support from the center even to the bit left of center voters.

General Discussion / Re: South Africa and Firearms
« Last post by Nemo on Today at 02:02:16 PM »
I almost wish I had some to not register.  Really hated (and I mean really really hated) having to sell some of my old reliables.

In a SHTF situation, I think the bigger the better. A big gun can handle small or large threats. With that said, I don't think that Every Day Carry fits that category from a Liability standpoint. I once read a long article about the ideal pistol for self defense. Surprisingly, the end result was the 380 semi-automatic. If you use a 44 Magnum, 357 Magnum, 45 Desert Eagle, or other hand canon, that is exactly the way it will be described when you are sitting in court and you will have a hard time justifying how you you were not OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. If you carry a 22, 25, or 32 caliber, you will be described as carrying a Saturday Night Special, which will characterize you as some form of low life. You need the Goldie Locks Gun. The 380 fits that category about as well as possible. Double stack magazines don't help your case either. Based on what I read, I chose a 380 with a 7 round magazine and I carry 3 extra magazines. Anyone who thinks the 380 is not an effective weapon is invited to stand 25 feet in front of me while I fire it at them. Even though the 380 is a 9mm Kurt(short), it is still a 9mm. The 9x19mm parabellum (Luger) is considered a magnum round and it can easily penetrate the bad guy. It also can continue through and hit a good guy. This is just a little food for thought and I can guarantee you that in a SHTF situation, I will be carrying my 357 and my Carbine. My 380 will become my ankle gun.

At least with the bigger calibers you will more than likely be ALIVE and able to defend yourself in court
« Last post by grizz on Today at 12:52:25 PM »
With the firing of former FBI Deputy Director McCabe, I wonder if he or one of the other folks involved in these treasonous activities will start 'singing'. Ala, John Dean from the Watergate scandal.

Check out McCabe is canned! for further information.

Now my opinion...I have been preaching for awhile now, that at the bare minimum this group of traitors need to loose their cushy pension ESPECIALLY if they do not start being truthful and help out investigators not hindering their investigation.

With a few more terminations, maybe the integrity of the FBI can start to return.

Last thought...We would have NEVER known about these shenanigans if Mrs Clinton had won in 2016.

Its strange to me that the guy was more worried about loosing his pension than having criminal charges filed against him...
Security & Survival / TX & RX Head Mic's
« Last post by JohnyMac on Today at 12:31:20 PM »
I would like to get a discussion started concerning TX (Transmitting) and RX (Receiving) headsets/mics. What are you using and why.

I will start.

I am using a Baofeng mic for my HT's. The mic RX's and TX's well and I keep it taped to my ALICE suspenders on the left side close to my ear. It has done good service so far but I would like to expand to a different level of comms.

For example: My electronics ear protection has a port for 'sound in'. Okay great but what about TXing? If I could get a rig for my ear muffs I will be half way there BUT what about when I have a bump helmet/NOG's on? My over the head muffs would not work.

Let the  :shitStorm: begin  :hiding:
General Discussion / South Africa and Firearms
« Last post by JohnyMac on Today at 10:28:30 AM »
With South America going the way of Zimbabwe, I am sure many native South Africans are regretting their decision to a) register their firearms in 2000 and/or b) allow confiscation of non-legal weapons.

With the ongoing gun debate here in the States, it is important to see how well gun control has worked in other countries like:

USSR (1920's),
Germany (1930's),
China (1950's),
Vietnam (1970's),
Warsaw countries during Nazi occupation (1940-44),
among others and of course South Africa (2000) the reason for this post.

To learn more on South African Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000 go here.

Molon Labe!
Radio / Re: Unchainedpreppers net Mar. 16, 2018
« Last post by JohnyMac on Today at 08:32:36 AM »
No worries wynnp4. I know you live a busy lifestyle especially with the rug rats.  :cheers:
Radio / Re: Stupid Things Heard On Ham Radio.
« Last post by JohnyMac on Today at 08:30:53 AM »
Typically unless the description says, "interface cable included" you have to buy one separately.

If you want the interface cable, go back to Amazon and put into the description "Baofeng (Model Number) interface cable" and the correct one for your radio will pop up.

No worries, you can still program the radio by hand.

Your mission if you chose to accept is put in the following freq.' into your HT:

1) Georgetown 145.310 Mhz,
2) Smyrna       146.655 Mhz,
3) Wilmington  146.730 Mhz,
4) Newark       146.700 Mhz, and
5) Seaford       146.715 Mhz.

Once that is done, then scan those five repeaters to see which one (s) work at your AO.

I forgot which Baofeng you have but if you are having a hard time using the Chinese translated into English directions let me know. I know of a site written by Americans.

Good luck and welcome to the world of ham radio in the 2meter/440 cm bands.  :cheers:
Radio / Re: Unchainedpreppers net Mar. 16, 2018
« Last post by wynnp4 on Today at 08:24:53 AM »
I remembered too late... I think I heard the tail end...Hope to catch the next one!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10