Author Topic: YOUR COMMS IN A GRID DOWN WORLD  (Read 778 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
YOUR COMMS IN A GRID DOWN WORLD
« on: October 02, 2019, 12:29:06 PM »
I posted a new article over at American Partisan titled, YOUR COMMS IN A GRID DOWN WORLD. It might be worth 3-minutes of your time to read.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: YOUR COMMS IN A GRID DOWN WORLD
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:17:42 PM »
Good article, Johny!

Offline zanedclark

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 11:13:32 AM »
Yes,

I read this the other day and meant to compliment you on the article.  I have a HT but no HF radio (I mostly do SW listening and have a fine receiver for that and a Buddipole for antenna).

The thing that I latched onto the most was your suggestion of a battery box for power.  I have read pros and cons on switching power supplies vs linear.  And with either power down I would have to use my Honda generator, etc.

So I need to get off the dime and buy an HF rig.

Good article JM..

z

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »
Yes,

I read this the other day and meant to compliment you on the article.  I have a HT but no HF radio (I mostly do SW listening and have a fine receiver for that and a Buddipole for antenna).

The thing that I latched onto the most was your suggestion of a battery box for power.  I have read pros and cons on switching power supplies vs linear.  And with either power down I would have to use my Honda generator, etc.

So I need to get off the dime and buy an HF rig.

Good article JM..

z

I read it also and it was good information. The G5RV part made me laugh. Using ladder line to feed an antenna is the best possible way but the instant you introduce coax into the feed line, it all goes out the window. I don't use ladder line for anything because its so finicky. Oh no, it got wet or oh no its got snow on it or oh no its a hundred degrees outside and the sun is beating down on it. Using that stuff is like doing brain surgery with an axe. As for getting a transceiver.... What are you waiting for? When the SHTF you'll be in a world of hurt without one. As for Linear power supplies vs Switching power supplies...… Linear supplies are dirt simple and easy to repair. Switching supplies are light weight and a pain in the ass to work on.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
I got a lot of canned beans and miles upon miles of string.  I'm good.   

But if you come over bring your radio.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.