Author Topic: UPDATE March 19, 2020: Virus Daily Net 1800 Hrs Eastern 40-m & 1830 hrs 80-m  (Read 3116 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
ALCOM:

Update March 19, 2020

1800 hrs eastern
Primary          7.234 Mhz LSB
Alternate        3.970 Mhz LSB
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Text. Do I have your cell number? PM me if you want my cell number.

1830 Hrs eastern
Primary         3.970 Mhz LSB
Alternate       7.234 Mhz LSB
Emergency    Text. Do I have your cell number? PM me if you want my cell number.

If you are new to the net please read the rules of engagement below and be prepared to make your report as outlined below too.

Update Mar 18, 2020

Good morning. The PACE for today is as follows. Please note the new time for the 80-meter net. Was at 1900 hrs yesterday, tonight and going forward, going to 1830 hrs eastern

1800 hrs eastern
Primary          7.231 Mhz LSB

1830 Hrs eastern
Alternate       7.231 Mhz LSB

If you are new to the net please read the rules of engagement below and be prepared to make your report as outlined below too.

See you on the air tonight.

JohnyMac

From tonight's net.

1) 40 soldiers from Fort Drum tested positive for the virus. THIS IS UNCONFIRMED AT THIS TIME. LOOKING FOR VALIDATION
2) A test that folks could take each morning to see if you may have the Wuhan Virus is to take a deep breath and if you can old your breath for 10-seconds without any adverse troubles, you probably do not have it. If you do have an issue, contact your doctor.
3) There is a report circulating around that active military and National Guard Units are being asked to be ready for deployment at the beginning of next week to meet a nation wide quarantine by all citizens in the USA. PLEASE, THIS HAS NOT BEEN VERIFIED. ERIN (EASTERN REGION INFORMATION NETWORK) WOULD LIKE TO VERIFY THIS OR REPORT IT IS A HOAX. DISINFORMATION COULD BE BEING POSTED BY ENEMIES OF THE STATE, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC.
4) We had a good turn out tonight between the 40-meter (1800 hrs) and 80-meter (1900 hrs) net.
5) The PACE for tomorrow will be modified slightly. The 80-meter net will be at 1830 hrs rather than 1900 hrs. A revised PACE will be posted here by 0800 hrs Wednesday 18, 2020.

73 & God Bless

Update March 17, 2020
I have had a suggestion to hold a second net at 1900 - hrs on 75/80-meters as some folks are having a challenge making the trip on 40-meters. I am taking there advise and the PACE for the second net is below.

Alternate       7.231 Mhz LSB

All SOI rules of engagement below will apply

Update March 16, 2020
Good morning folks.

I would like to thank all of the folks here who are participating in the nightly net. To help in having a smooth net going forward, I have put together the following "rules of engagement". Please share with any like minded folks who might check-in or just want to listen.

1) I will be on frequency 15-minutes before the net starts for pre check-ins. If there is a lot of splatter or someone is using this frequency, move on up the band till you hear the group. I will try to post the new frequency on this thread.
2) I will call CQ followed by my call and "this is net control for the ERIN Daily Net". It would be great if folks could check in early so not to have a mad rush at the start of the net. If you are late to the net, no worries. I will ask for additional check-ins several times during the net. PLEASE wait till I do this.
3) The net is a "directed net" which means; check-in and do not talk till net control calls your call.
4) Once a station makes their report and you have a question or want to make a comment say "CONTACT". Net control will recognize you and either let you ask your question or make your comment IF there is no other priority traffic waiting. Be patient.
5) Once you are called to give your report you will make a modified "CYRIL" report
     A) Location
     B) Traffic to report *
     B) Weather Report
     C) Wuhan Virus report
     D) Unrest in your AO if any
     E) Request for help if needed
6) After the net is closed people may want to stay on air and use the frequency to ragchew which is great and I will probably join in. With that written, the reason for this net is to share information not ragchew. Save that for after the net.

The PACE revisited,

Primary          7.231 Mhz LSB

If you have any questions or wish to make a comment, use this thread.

* It is encouraged that if you hear someone and net control obviously can not, say CONTACT. Once recognized say "I have traffic for insert call sign here this is insert your call sign here". As an example: "I HAVE TRAFFIC FROM KA7FOX THIS IS KC3LRS".

73 & God Bless,

JohnyMac
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:47:34 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Wuhan Virus Daily Net Starting 3-15-2020 1800 Hrs Eastern
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 01:55:25 PM »
    Thank you for organizing the net, Johny!

Offline Hiker1

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 05:07:35 PM »
Do to the national emergency can a tech license hold transmitte on the HF bands? I now normally I cannot. I will be monitoring just curious bif it was allowed.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 05:54:17 PM »
on Freq now.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline NCislander

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 06:00:13 PM »
Listening in from Western NC, S8, Clear signal. Nice job. Monitoring. :thumbsUp:

Offline Hiker1

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
Good signal here Greensboro NC

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline LDG

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 06:07:46 PM »
Negative contact from SEOK.
Keep trying.

Frank

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
Johny, you're a 3x3 in TN.  There's a W8ANT trying to checking

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 06:20:32 PM »
No go for me in upstate NY, I can hear conversation but can't make anything out. I think its you, started on 40m then switched to 80m.

Offline NCislander

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »
Nice job on the NET. In my QTH, Band getting stronger over the 15-10 min span.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »
I posted a copy of intro here to another place I am familiar with and confident in.  You might get some referrals. 

They advised me of another net that may be of interest here. 

Nemo

GAARES Health and Welfare Net at 19:00 on 3.971MHz every night.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline cooter

• Prepper
I was running late last night and couldn't get on in time.  I'll try tonight if possible.
Mike

Offline Gorlo

• Prepper Apprentice
Johnymac, the Ft Drum soldiers are in quarantine only, not positive for the virus as of yet. They were stationed in S. Korea so they had to quarantine on return. Also that "breath test" looks bogus. Sorry about that. "Top Men" in the govt are refuting it so it may be all rumor.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
I have seen several credible reports the 10 second breath test is bogus.  I will do some hunting and cite my source.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Not hearing anything at 7.231 MHz.  Will try 75 meters shortly.

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
Johnymac, I'm hearing you great tonight on 3.970

Offline LDG

• Prepper Apprentice
Heard a man from Tenn. on 40m.
Otherwise, negative contact on 40.
Nothing heard on 80m.
Keep trying.
It is about to get very strange.

Frank

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
My general test that was scheduled for tonight got canceled BTW  :(

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
I have seen several credible reports the 10 second breath test is bogus.  I will do some hunting and cite my source.

Nemo

Sorry so long.

Nemo

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8635070312

Ability to hold your breath 10 seconds is not a test for coronavirus

By BEATRICE DUPUYMarch 12, 2020

CLAIM: There is a simple self-check that can be done every morning to see if you have the coronavirus. Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Medical experts say that the test would not provide a clear indication of whether someone has the novel coronavirus.

THE FACTS: Social media users are sharing the false claim on platforms that include What’s App, Twitter and Facebook. The claim, which has three parts, first says that if a coronavirus patient goes to the hospital too late their lungs will experience 50 percent fibrosis, scarring of the lungs that restricts breathing. It goes on to suggest the 10 second breathing test, finally stating that drinking water every 15 minutes will kill the virus.

Social media users have falsely attributed the claims to Japanese doctors, Taiwanese experts and even Stanford University.

.  .  .

continued

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Crap... I missed it yesterday and then again today. Yesterday, I forgot  :facepalm: and today I had to go shopping with the wife and missed it. I'll try again tomorrow. :facepalm:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
LOL. No worries.

Offline Romeo Foxtrot

• Prepper Apprentice
Good net last night..

btw...my qth is in a suburban hoa governed community.

I have an end fed 135' long wire strung thru the trees that line the sidewalk in front of our home, crosses the street and continues thru the trees to the pond.

feedline comes thru the wall into my office and to my ldg z-100+ tuner and alinco dx-sr8 100w rig that i bought gently used a few years ago at the shelby hamfest after a good buddy of mine w eagle eyes spotted it on a table, i paid 300.00 and have been thoroughly impressed w it.

the insulator is tied to some bank line and then tied to a 5lb weight, so it just hangs and when the wind and blow thru, it just moves with it, no issues at all.

nvis config and seems to work ok..

the point being, there is no excuse for not being able to get an antenna up and on air, if i can do, so can anyone else.

Offline NCislander

• Prepper Apprentice
Hey Romeo Foxtrot, encouraging your setup details and how well it works for you. I too have a 100w unit I use (Yaesu 857D). Been trying to decide what Antenna setup to try next. I'm going to work on getting myself a similar 135' setup going.  The same recent post on American Partisan enforced it too.

Thanks for the encouragement.

73's

Offline Romeo Foxtrot

• Prepper Apprentice
NCI,

:thumbsUp:

The various parts that NCS/AP posted up on the home brew have arrived, i'll be building that out and using my 5gal concrete bucket tilt up mast system to deploy and test it too...

i'll post results....

be well..

btw..i'm down in charlotte region...spicey times comin...

Offline cooter

• Prepper
Johnny Mac, good net Thursday.  The correct region number for the central Florida station's call sign is 6.

Mike