Author Topic: Stimulus Check.  (Read 575 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Stimulus Check.
« on: January 02, 2021, 05:17:50 PM »
Stimulus Check? What in the world does that have to do with RADIO? Well, I'm really old and I can afford a brand new ICOM 7300 but I have put off buying one because I may not be around long enough to wear it out. Well, If I get a $2000 stimulus check, I just might use that money to buy me a 7300 anyway. When the SHTF it would be nice to have it for my HF communications. My present IC 718 works fine but I sure would like that IC 7300. :fuckYeah:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Stimulus Check.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:42:53 PM »
Hey PK, if you make me an offer I can't refuse, I might buy that Icom 718. Good Radio  :cheers:

A good friend and ham just bought a second Icom 7300. He will have one in NE PA and at his winter place in SC.  :bravo:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 06:04:05 PM »
    The IC-7300 has become my primary radio.  It's so easy to use, and it gives me so much information at just a glance.  I thought the filters in the IC-9100 were good, but the IC-7300 steps it up another notch. I really like the touch screen too, which makes operating so intuitive.  The only downside to the IC-7300 when compared to the IC-9100, is the IC-7300 lacks the VHF and UHF bands.  One of these days I'll have to spring for the IC-9700.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 02:24:46 AM »
Hey PK, if you make me an offer I can't refuse, I might buy that Icom 718. Good Radio  :cheers:

A good friend and ham just bought a second Icom 7300. He will have one in NE PA and at his winter place in SC.  :bravo:

I've got two IC 718's. One of them has a problem with the audio and is my backup radio. I can only listen to it with headphones. The other one I use all the time but the audio has a slight distorted sound so I feed the sound out of the headphone jack into a huge audio amp and large speaker. That makes it clean as a whistle. If I spring for the IC 7300 I'll be keeping the others as backup equipment. When the SHTF it might be impossible to get radios. As VHF and UHF backups I have bunch of 25 watt Tribanders and an immoral amount of VHF/UHF handi-talkies.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 01:05:12 PM »
 :bravo: PK

One is none while two is one.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.