Author Topic: QYT KT8900R Tri-Band radio  (Read 607 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
QYT KT8900R Tri-Band radio
« on: February 27, 2020, 11:22:39 PM »
One of my QYT Tri-Band radios dropped in power down to 2 watts. I have a spare stored away and covered in Aluminum Foil. I ordered a replacement so I wouldn't have to use my spare(backup). It showed up today and I programmed it. Hmmmmmm…. For some reason, I couldn't access the Settings Menu in the program when I programmed all the others. Today, I had no problem accessing the Settings Menu. Wow, there are settings in there for things that I don't even know what they do. I might try reprogramming my other units and maybe I'll be able to get those to also recognize the Settings menu. The KT 8900R is only 25 watts but it also is only $80.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: QYT KT8900R Tri-Band radio
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 02:55:05 PM »
Well, I took all the necessary tools and the new QYT radio out and installed it in the car. That 5 minute job took about 30 minutes because I had to remove the 8 watt HT before I started. Then the aftermarket console was filthy and I had to bring it in the house and wash it. Then I was able to screw the bracket to the console and adjust the angle. Did I mention that I was so clumsy I dropped the screws at least 10 times during the installation? Anyway, I tried a few on the air checks and it worked fine.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »
 :thumbsUp:

Online JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »
 :thumbsUp: too.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.