Author Topic: My Yaesu 817ND  (Read 765 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
My Yaesu 817ND
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:17:32 AM »
While recently checking the SWR on a antenna I am making I discovered that my Yaesu 817Nd radio was only putting out 1 watt when I had it dialed to give out 5 watts. Well I called up Yaesu to find out what I am doing wrong.

In short the tech I spoke with had me do a few things but alas I still only got 1 watt out of the radio. So the tech asked me to send it back which I did on August 1.

Monday August 7th I got a call from the tech. He told me that he was getting 5 watts on his bench. He made contacts on every frequency from 160 meter to 440 cm. He then asked me a bunch of questions around how I have been using the radio. In essence, when on internal battery power, at best, I will only get 2.5 watts. And that will only be at full battery power.

To get the radio's full power, you have to run it off of a fully charged 12 volt deep cycle battery or your shacks 120V/12V power supply.

In closing the gentleman I spoke to told me to not be hesitant to call back with any questions I might have. He explained in heavily accented English/Japanese that he loves to talk to hams that use his radios.

Being in business for over 40 years this experience for me points out a well ran company. A company that puts its customers first. A company who's employees are happy and excited to work there. And because of those two aforementioned items, a healthy and profitable company.

Go Yaesu!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: My Yaesu 817ND
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »
Thanks for the write up Johny.  Do you have a dummy load?  Yaesu, Icom and Kenwood are all class acts.  Yes, you pay more, but their support and technology are superb.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:31:38 PM »
Dorothy our Dutch Shepherd?
Do you have a dummy load?

Show content
:lmfao: I just kill myself!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »
If you insist and need instructions.

:suicide:

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.