Author Topic: June Erin Net Tuesday June, 29, 2021  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: June Erin Net Tuesday June, 22, 2021
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2021, 08:30:44 PM »
   Sorry about the QRM, I had initially tried 7.24, but there were some W8's already occupying the frequency.

Counting myself, we had 6 check-ins, and I was able to filter out the QRM, so it was good copy.  It's interesting to hear about the shortages in different parts of the country.

Offline Tom Paine

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2021, 09:06:45 PM »
I was up monitoring tonight- heard most of the stations and their reports.  I couldn't get thru the noise tonight.  Here in central florida gas prices average at $3 a gallon; most people not wearing masks and no shortages noticed in the grocery stores

Offline cooter

• Prepper
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 08:37:47 AM »
I heard most of the stations pretty well.  There were some thunderstorms north and northeast of me, so there was a lot of noise which interfered with JM and the WV station.  The NCS was coming very nicely from TN, 59 +10. 
I had to get off before the last station finished because a thunderstorm started rolling in our way.
Mike

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »
First, thank you Jackalope for being NCS last evening. It was good being able to play with the filters for once to get a good copy. Usually, I am managing the net so I get what I get.

Yeah, there was a lot of QRM however, if everything was perfect then one of the tenants of doing this net, like practicing & testing your equipment, would not happen. I also had some boomers going off south of me in Scranton, PA about 60-miles away. So, that didn't help.

Digital we had 4 participants plus one that was not TXing well. If you are that person, and read this, may I suggest you turn down your volume. I run my volume between 10 to 15% and adjust volume down or up till I see no bars on my ALC as reported with my meter.

With that all written, I am looking for digital and phone NCS (Net Control Stations) volunteers. We all need to broaden our HF horizon. What if I was hit by a bus?

Thank you Jackalope for being the first to volunteer and jump into the breech.

No my two cents on shortages...

In my AO there are two grocery stores. One is about 5-miles away and is only 8,000 sf in size. There stock is always right at the lean point. If one truck is a day late from the warehouse, they are out. Thinking of a Publix or Wegmans as a "9" when it comes to quality, this store is a "4".

The next store is about 10-miles away and like the closer one is small, about 12,000 sf. This store would rate out at maybe a "6". This store serves a lot more people and is centrally located between several communities and is right off the interstate. MrsMac and I do most of our shopping there. This store like the earlier one, is "just in time inventory" challenged too.

My point being, when we see items low or out of stock, it may not always be due to Uncle Joe. Just small businesses.

With that written, food on sale is running higher for sure, as I have reported in the past. And yes, gas is $3.19 a gallon as of yesterday. At the rate it is climbing locally, I suspect we will be north of $3.50 a gallon by Labor Day. Today in California, the average is $4.08 a gallon.

Uncle Joe's puppeteers (Obama, Rice, Jill, etc) are surely screwing the country. With yet 502-days till the mid-term elections, it will only get worse. Remember, inflation is just one part of the equation.

Okay, okay, this tread is supposed to be non political. I am sorry.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:44:12 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2021, 09:44:18 AM »
   Johny, the shortages do seem to vary with location, but they are still an indicator of pressure on the JIT inventory system. By the end of the summer we should have a better idea as to how severe the problem is.  Hopefully, most of our members have been prudent and have stockpiled lots of food.

Regarding the QRM, I'm always amazed in the filtering capabilities of the IC-7300 when compared to some of my older radios.  I remember when radios first had DSP and it was quite a change.  Today's radios are light years beyond that.

Thanks Johny, for the reminder about Field Day.  Field Day is the ultimate test of receiver performance.  If you can't hear them, you can't work them.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 05:12:47 PM »
First, thank you Jackalope for being NCS last evening. It was good being able to play with the filters for once to get a good copy. Usually, I am managing the net so I get what I get.

Yeah, there was a lot of QRM however, if everything was perfect then one of the tenants of doing this net, like practicing & testing your equipment, would not happen. I also had some boomers going off south of me in Scranton, PA about 60-miles away. So, that didn't help.

Digital we had 4 participants plus one that was not TXing well. If you are that person, and read this, may I suggest you turn down your volume. I run my volume between 10 to 15% and adjust volume down or up till I see no bars on my ALC as reported with my meter.

With that all written, I am looking for digital and phone NCS (Net Control Stations) volunteers. We all need to broaden our HF horizon. What if I was hit by a bus?

Thank you Jackalope for being the first to volunteer and jump into the breech.

No my two cents on shortages...

In my AO there are two grocery stores. One is about 5-miles away and is only 8,000 sf in size. There stock is always right at the lean point. If one truck is a day late from the warehouse, they are out. Thinking of a Publix or Wegmans as a "9" when it comes to quality, this store is a "4".

The next store is about 10-miles away and like the closer one is small, about 12,000 sf. This store would rate out at maybe a "6". This store serves a lot more people and is centrally located between several communities and is right off the interstate. MrsMac and I do most of our shopping there. This store like the earlier one, is "just in time inventory" challenged too.

My point being, when we see items low or out of stock, it may not always be due to Uncle Joe. Just small businesses.

With that written, food on sale is running higher for sure, as I have reported in the past. And yes, gas is $3.19 a gallon as of yesterday. At the rate it is climbing locally, I suspect we will be north of $3.50 a gallon by Labor Day. Today in California, the average is $4.08 a gallon.

Uncle Joe's puppeteers (Obama, Rice, Jill, etc) are surely screwing the country. With yet 502-days till the mid-term elections, it will only get worse. Remember, inflation is just one part of the equation.

Okay, okay, this tread is supposed to be non political. I am sorry.

POLITICAL???? Hell, I thought you were talking about Mental Illness.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2021, 09:31:29 AM »
Don't forget about the two nets this evening.

I will see ya' on the airwaves this evening.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Tom Paine

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2021, 05:42:19 PM »
Dealing with thunderstorms down here in Central Florida so doubt I will be up on the net tonight.  No change in local situation.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2021, 07:04:00 PM »
I'm monitoring the Digital net right now. Q5 copy on Johnny. :popcorn:

Hmmmm....... I didn't see any of the other station's text show up on my screen.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:24:38 PM by pkveazey »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »
nO WORRIES tOM.

PKv, we had two plus myself. A gent from Ohio and my friend from NC that makes most of the digital check-ins.

Nothing new to report other then weather has been a challenge for folks.

The phone net is in 30-minutes or so. I will see ya' then.  :cheers:

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2021, 08:25:43 PM »
  Rough conditions, but I was able to copy everyone.  To reiterate my report, beautiful sunny day 68 degrees at net time.  Only 9 infected with the Chinese virus in my county, out of a population of 60,000.  Unleaded gas is at $2.68/gallon.  No shortages observed, in fact we picked up another 25 lbs. of flour and more poultry feed.  Life is good.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: June Erin Net Tuesday June, 29, 2021
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »
Don't forget the net tonight.

Right around net time, digital and phone, thunderstorms expected here. If it happens, I will pull the plug here. Hopefully, someone else will pick up the net (s).

See ya' on the air. 

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: June Erin Net Tuesday June, 29, 2021
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2021, 07:42:24 PM »
I monitored the digital net tonight. I only saw text from JohnnyMac show up on my screen. It was 100% copy. I'm tuned up on 7.238 and waiting for the phone net at 8. :popcorn: