Author Topic: June 2024 ERIN SOI  (Read 989 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
June 2024 ERIN SOI
« on: May 29, 2024, 07:20:16 AM »
NOTE: DIGITAL FREQUENCY CHANGE FOR THE SUMMER FROM 3.588 Mhz TO 7.110 Mhz.

The next ERIN(2) net will be Tuesday June 25, 2024, starting at 1900 hrs. eastern with the digital ERIN net. The PACE for that net is as follows,

1) At 1900E hrs. digital net (NCS is usually on frequency at 1850E hrs.) will commence.
Primary          7.110 USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Alternate       3.5887.110Mhz USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Signal(1). Do I have your cell phone number?

When the Net Control Station (NCS) calls for check-in's this is the reporting format,

de your call, your call/name/location/W-TFC or No-TFC/ de your call

All traffic (TFC) will be passed via MFSK32. I suggest using the FLmsg ICS-213 or the AmRRON Custom forms.

NCS will convert mode from C-4/250 (Contestia 4/250) to MFSK32 and then instruct check-ins one at a time to pass TFC.

Once TFC is complete, NCS will return mode back to C-4/250 for the wrap up of the QSO.

2) At 2000E hrs. (I am typically on frequency at 1950E hrs.) will commence.

Primary          7.193 Mhz LSB or higher till clear air (New as May 2023)
Alternate       3.898 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Signal(1). Do I have your cell phone number?

The above SOI will be used at first, if the interwiz is taken down through Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions. Then we will develop and share a revised SOI.

73 & God Bless,
JohnMac

(1)  The Signal App is being used instead of text for emergency's. Go to my post When The Interwize Goes Dark
      post, for an explanation.

(2) A quick history of ERIN (Eastern, Region, Information, Network). Just after President trump declared a state of

emergency, March 2020, I was asked by NC Scout (Brushbeater.org) to NCS a Covid-19 net, as we were
     worried that misinformation, intentional or unintentional, was coming out of the main stream media. The net
     was five days a week, Monday through Friday and it was a voice net (phone).

June of the same year, the net was reduced to three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By August it
     was reduced to one day a week, Tuesday evening's at 2000E Hrs.

As digital grew in popularity, I introduced a digital net at 1900E Hrs. the same night.

These two nets have been every Tuesday night since January 2021 with only a few interruptions due to
     electrical storms in my AO.

The purpose of these nets is to do the following,

> Fellowship, connect hams with other hams,
     > Testing of equipment and alternate modes,
     > Pass traffic concerning ones AO. Traffic typically consists of,
        - Localized weather report if out of the ordinary.
        - Fuel availability & prices, petrol/Diesel.
        - Civil unrest if any.
        - Unusual Military movement if any.
        - Other interesting local news.
      > Training. To help hams become more confident in TXing & RXing, practice being a NC or ANC station, and all
          other that applies to prepare for a localized or national drama, and
      > Serve as a conduit to connect hams who have radio equipment to sell or looking for.

I want to thank all the hams that regularly participate on these nets. I am looking for NCS volunteers, in case one day I am hit by a bus.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 10:37:49 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: June 2024 ERIN SOI
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 07:36:57 PM »
the 4-M band is busy tonight around where we normally meet. The net will be up around 7.294 Mhz
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 08:14:56 PM »
ERIN NET TONIGHT
DIGITAL 5
2, PA
1, NJ, VA
PONE 5
2, VA
1, PA, TN, FL
Thanks to all the participated this evening
73 & God Bless

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 07:28:16 PM »
7.193 Mhz for phone is clear now.  I will start early check-ins at 1940E hrs. pls stand by

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 07:39:45 PM »
on 7.192

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2024, 08:32:36 PM »
ERIN NET THIS EVENING
DIGITAL 5
3, PA
1, NJ & MN
PHONE 8
2, PA
1, VA, NJ, NY, TN, MD, & NH
THANKS TO ALL THAT PARTISIPATED

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2024, 07:44:11 PM »
7.192 MHZ FOR THE ERIN phone net

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2024, 08:22:09 PM »
Week night but it is hot out there.
Digital 7
2, PA
1, TN, NJ,AL,FL, & NC
Phone 4
1, PA, TN, CT, & VA.

Hope to make a QSO with all of you at this
weekends FD event. 73

Offline Stephen

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 06:59:20 AM »
Thanks for running this net! I just caught the tail end of it, so I didn't try to check in without knowing what it's about (glad you include the URL). It's on my schedule now, and looking forward to checking in next time. I'll pass this along to others. Be well.
Not for Our Time, but for All Time.
Not for All People, but for Our People.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024, 10:15:17 AM »
Thank you Stephen.

LOL, our whole week revolves around these two nets, digital and phone. What I mean by that is we can never do anything Tuesday nights  :facepalm:. Yes, I take it that seriously and have since NC Scout asked me to start it back in March 2020 as the pandemic was in its launching mode.

Anyway, I truly believe that "something" is going to happen whether it is economic, war, civil strife, etc. that the only way we will be able to communicate is via the air waves.

Thanks for your interest.  :cheers:

Offline Stephen

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024, 10:38:18 AM »
"Something" is always the big question. If you know of folks in the East Central Florida area, they may find this site of interest: https://volusiacountyprepping.com/ . Though we stopped our monthly meetings after 11 years in order to focus on building small neighborhood tribes, I'm still trying to keep the website up to date. Much of the Communications menu item is new, and I'm working on a section about the small neighborhood tribes (big issue is getting folks to go along with letting others know they exist). Our neighborhood tribe meets every two weeks, and I'm "the comms guy" which is why I look for appropriate nets.

I'm part of the project to start a net for the Forward Observer Early Warning Network, and we'll begin holding a weekly net on Fridays on 7.110 at 0000Z. Day after tomorrow should be our first net, but it's still early, so may be next week instead. There will be some connection / working relationship with AmRRON, but that's still being worked out.

Again, thanks for heading up this project.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 11:16:22 AM »
Welcome to the UP forum and nets. 

As for the Forward Observer net being planned, that is good news.  I read FO's work regularly and also the S2 Underground.  AmRRON has been my go-to for over a dozen years.  I DO wish that we had some CW nets, but times change, though the need for independent actions rarely do.

73 and See You On The Radio.

- Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline Stephen

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2024, 11:27:55 AM »
Looking forward to it - thank you, sir!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2024, 12:41:27 PM »
Stephen,
just took a gander at your site. Looks A+. Worth checking out UP subscribers.

I use to lived in St. Lucie county (Ft. Pierce specifically). I was the Regional VP for Virginia south and visited stores all over Florida often. Welcome to UP.  :cheers:

Offline cooter

• Prepper
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2024, 01:41:46 PM »
Stephen, my name is Mike and I live near Gainesville.  I looked at your website and picked up some good info (rainwater collection and field peas).  I will try to log in on your FO net.  Thanks for the Florida specific content.

Offline Stephen

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2024, 01:53:01 PM »
Sounds good, Cooter. Where around Gainesville? I've lived in Newberry (lots of family in that area, and I used to own a 120 acre farm there until I sold it to my brother about 4 years ago). Also lived and worked in Trenton for several years, when I ran the ambulance service there.

Offline cooter

• Prepper
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2024, 07:09:44 PM »
A couple miles west of Williston.  I retired from the VA hospital in Gainesville 2 years ago. 

Offline Stephen

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2024, 07:18:14 PM »
 :thumbsUp: