Author Topic: Getting Your Technical Ham Radio Ticket  (Read 602 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Getting Your Technical Ham Radio Ticket
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »
I was chatting with CJS06 the other day and he admitted to me he really needed to get his Technical License but there was no classes in his AO area. I told him I did not go to class and I did it on my own with these tools.

1) Buy the ARRL.org Technicians License Text Book.
2) Down load to your smart phone (IPhone or Android) the Technicians Test questions.
3) Register at the ARRL.org http://www.arrl.org/

Now you have your tools do the following.

A) Every two days read a chapter. In each chapter there is a link to all of the test questions in the back of the
    book. As you finish each section of the chapter take and study the questions.
B) While you are waiting in line at a store, in the doctors waiting room, at a light, et cetera, take out your phone
     and open up your question AP on your phone and read/answer the test questions for the chapter you are
     studying.
C) On the ARRL.org site there is a link to a place where you can take a practice test. Keep taking the practice test
     till you average 80% correct (27 out of 35 questions).
D) Then take your exam. If you fail, they will let you take the exam till you pass.
E) To find a place where to take the Technicians exam google..."enter close town or city name amateur radio club".
     Empl: "Philadelphia amateur radio club". Once you get that contact info, call the club and ask where the test
     will be given in that area.
F) Use me as a resource.

Get your flippen license!  :dancingBanana: :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline wynnp4

• Prepper Apprentice
Re: Getting Your Technical Ham Radio Ticket
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 06:31:11 AM »
Words of wisdom!

I used several apps one is Ham Test Prep.... it is on Android.

It is really very easy to get your license and there is no excuse not to get them... I just studied and was able to do Tech and General in one sitting....

It is worth doing and for 15 bucks there is no excuse!

WP