Author Topic: Even Less Gray Hair Now - FLDIGI  (Read 968 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Even Less Gray Hair Now - FLDIGI
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »
So Sunday I took the plunge and downloaded FLDIGI. This software is obviously a devise invented by a Russian to frustrate the hell out of me and me alone.

There is SOOOOOO many things to click, unclick, and to download to make this work. 

To my question: Is there a FLDIGI for Dummies out there?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline zeerf

• Prepper
Re: Even Less Gray Hair Now - FLDIGI
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
I started here...I am slow learner so still no expert and working my way back through them as I have time:

https://amrron.com/2017/03/23/fldigi-tutorials-videos/

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 06:39:13 PM »
Totally agree with you John, that software is a pain in the ass.

I'm interested in connecting the FLDIGI to my UV5R, do any of you has experience related to that and how to connect the PC audio output to the radio audio input?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 06:47:07 PM »
No APX but I will have in a few weeks.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »
Connect the computer audio line out to the UV5R mike input and turn on the UV5R VOX. Anything that comes out of the computer then goes straight to the UV5R. Everytime the VOX hears audio, it keys up the UV5R. You are going to have to play with the UV5R VOX levels and the Computer output volume level to make the UV5R listen when its supposed to and Transmit when its supposed to. It can actually be done totally wireless if you have a mike connected to the computer and set the UV5R right next to the Computers audio speakers. VOX levels and computer audio output levels are still going to have to be played with for it to listen and talk when its supposed to.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
Connect the computer audio line out to the UV5R mike input and turn on the UV5R VOX. Anything that comes out of the computer then goes straight to the UV5R. Everytime the VOX hears audio, it keys up the UV5R. You are going to have to play with the UV5R VOX levels and the Computer output volume level to make the UV5R listen when its supposed to and Transmit when its supposed to. It can actually be done totally wireless if you have a mike connected to the computer and set the UV5R right next to the Computers audio speakers. VOX levels and computer audio output levels are still going to have to be played with for it to listen and talk when its supposed to.

I heard there could be issues with the impedance, also maybe optocoupling is recommended to isolate the PC from the radio?
Do you know what digimode would work fine with UHF/VHF on FM? I have read that for digimodes a SSB radio should be used

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
So did the grey get color back or fall out?  If the first, I want some of that.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline lewisp

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
There is a complete multi-part tutorial on FLDIGI on youtube by K4REF. Great place to get it all figured out.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 09:54:37 PM »
Thx lewisp! Been there  ;)