Author Topic: Warning: CDC Cautions of RSV Outbreak Spring 2016  (Read 928 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Warning: CDC Cautions of RSV Outbreak Spring 2016
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:21:33 AM »
Well MrsMac and I have been laid up for the past 3 weeks with Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Infection. She is about 95% and I am 90% depending on the time of day.

MrsMac got so bad she went to the Doctor. The Doctor told her that she had bronchitis brought on by RSV. Gave her a host of meds and she eventually, but slowly is on the mend.

I to of course eventually got it and am working my way through it too.

Anyhow, I read somewhere on the interwiz that the CDC had posted a RSV warning for Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia and North Carolina for the spring. Have any of you experienced a sever cold or heard similar this spring? Maybe from these states.

Don't have the foggiest how we got it in NE PA.   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
Re: Warning: CDC Cautions of RSV Outbreak Spring 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:00:30 AM »
Mr. WPW and I both had a cold that included, oddly enough, mild body aches and some unsettled tummies. I thought at first it was gastrointestinal, but after a day or two the stomach ick left and we were left with colds. He got it worse than I did. I was fine after a couple days, he was closer to a week.  A bunch of his coworkers had the same bug about the same time.

Hope you're both feeling better soon!
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
Coughing like hell.  Lungs pretty wet with typical sputum and feeling just beat all the time.  Felt like strong irritation high in the chest right about where bronchi split left and right.

First week I let body fight and figured it would go away.  Had just had spent week tending wife's aunt and she had something quite similar.  Doc appt and he put her on doxycycline.  I gave mine another 4 days without much improvement and raided my stash for same script from well ya know.

Symptoms between 2 of us were near identical.

Started that last Friday evening and am feeling much better.  Dunno if I had something bacterial doubling up with the virus or what.  I usually deal well with a virus but I dunno on this one.

Nemo

dayum looking around it often a good thing.

http://www.cdc.gov/rsv/research/us-surveillance.html
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the most common cause of lower respiratory tract infections among young children in the United States and worldwide. Most infants are infected before 1 year of age, and virtually everyone gets an RSV infection by 2 years of age.

Guess I got a piggyback bug too.
N
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:32:08 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I guess it's time to brew a few extra quarts of colloidal silver to add to my stock.  No worries here.
 :cowboy:
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
Thx for reporting in folks  :thumbsUp:

Thx Wellie, we are defiantly on the mend. Hope you two are too.

Nemo, Sorry to read tht you and yourn gotz the bug too.

S-K, YES a little preventive medicine is in order.

Anyway, take care folks "its" out there.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.