Author Topic: Ebola discussion  (Read 6930 times)

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Re: Ebola discussion
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
Am back from my trip.
Am willing to entertain question to cut thru media hype :)
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Burt Gummer

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 02:16:49 AM »
So it's only head shots with the west nile anthrax ebola infected right?  ^-^

brat

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 05:52:32 AM »
 :lmfao:.........Burt          :boltAction:                           :zombitron:

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
So everyone now knows all they need on this subject???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:17:12 PM by Erick »

graynomad

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35:26 PM »
Not really :)

Here's my plan. I live in the bush, when/if EVB gets anywhere near my nearest large town I lock my gate and leave it locked for X + 6 months, where X is the duration the pandemic takes to run it's course.

Note that this just a pandemic plan and it assumes we still have ROL.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »
So how worried/not worried are you about this particular outbreak of Ebola and possible spreading to general first world population centers?

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 07:50:54 AM »
So how worried/not worried are you about this particular outbreak of Ebola and possible spreading to general first world population centers?

In a balanced assessment the chances are quite slim:

Months ago before it got "big" I had an argument with others on this at i said this is a different strain and that something is different.

Well as described above the fact that its slower and less lethal makes it more dangerous (but we dont need to exaggerate the threat either.).

However dangerous enough to become an epidemic in the USA?

No I very much dont think so.
Not nearly transmissible enough.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 07:53:21 AM »
Not really :)

Here's my plan. I live in the bush, when/if EVB gets anywhere near my nearest large town I lock my gate and leave it locked for X + 6 months, where X is the duration the pandemic takes to run it's course.

Note that this just a pandemic plan and it assumes we still have ROL.

No need to go to such extremes: :)

- its not infectious enough to become a real epidemic here, even in africa last I checked we were still under 1000 deaths
- And even if it were x+ 6mos is too much IMO :)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »
To be quite frank I am more worries about small pox, TB and measles coming across our southern border than Ebola.

Mmmmm oh yeah I was chatting with gadget99 and he mentioned to me that he is more worried about a Avian flu (Spanish flu) out break epidemic than Ebola.

There are so many N95 face mask manufactures, which do you Erick recommend for any outbreaks? I know Ebola is not transmittable by air.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
To be quite frank I am more worries about small pox, TB and measles coming across our southern border than Ebola.

Mmmmm oh yeah I was chatting with gadget99 and he mentioned to me that he is more worried about a Avian flu (Spanish flu) out break epidemic than Ebola.

There are so many N95 face mask manufactures, which do you Erick recommend for any outbreaks? I know Ebola is not transmittable by air.

Ebola is generally considered not transmittable by air .

I like any N95 mask not just for lowering aerosol inhalation but for protecing yourself form touching your mouth with hands that touch  alot of surfaces. same reason I like goggles.

the avg human being touches their face 3000 times a day.
everyone time is a contamination opportunity depending on what your hands touched

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »
Yes Erick yes!

graynomad

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 08:34:19 PM »
I must admit EVB is going off my radar for the time being, from what I've read here and elsewhere I can't see it being a big thing in 1st-world countries and as has been pointed out (somewhere) there are 30,000 deaths every year from the flu or whatever and I've never even thought about catching the flu, it doesn't even enter my consciousness. I guess one big difference is the % mortality rate, but OTOH it's much harder to transmit.

So for someone like me who lives in the bush and goes into town infrequently I think there is little cause to worry...yet.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »
Till you get a call on the radio saying not to come to town and you're setting there short of butter, beef and beer..

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 10:31:49 PM »
Butter and beef?  Make-able from the critters around the house.  Beer on the other hand-- serious issue.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Burt Gummer

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:36 AM »
What would you recommend as a "go-to" disinfectant solution for decontamination of items/clothing/yourself.

graynomad

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 05:28:38 AM »
I make home brew, it's an easy matter to store 6 months worth or more :)

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »
What would you recommend as a "go-to" disinfectant solution for decontamination of items/clothing/yourself.

For the vast majority of pathogens including Ebola soap and water works great.

We have found that while the addition of bleach has a great extra punch in theory, it is usually unnecessary in the real world with the exception of anthracis spores.

Just about all viruses are killed quickly by soap (and many just by air).

Bacteria can be a little hardier (spores being the hardiest) but even there removal is the primary concern and for that soap and warm water works great (and still kills quite a few bacteria as well, by disrupting their cell walls, just not all of them).

Burt Gummer

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »
So the people that work at the CDC's BSL 1 through 4 clean themselves with Dawn?  ???

brat

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »
 :lmfao:..... Burt.

But seriously, Erick, since you've probably read a lot medical/technical reports, perhaps you can shed some light on this one (supposedly funded by DOD)? Before the report here's a short brief....

"What’s scary about Ebola. It’s a hemorrhagic fever virus that causes fatal internal bleeding in its later stages. So any remedy should be applied in its early stages before internal organs disintegrate.

Health officials also announce there’s no cure for Ebola. Antibiotics are for bacteria. Ebola is a viral blood infection that’s serum borne, not air borne, which makes it less contagious than a seasonal or any other flu. Only vaccines can supposedly prevent viral infections, and Big Pharma doesn’t have one yet. After all, it hasn’t been a popular disease here. So there’s no money in it.

There is an unpublicized in vitro (Petri dish) study proving colloidal silver can destroy Ebola virus strains. Silver is both anti-bacterial and anti-viral.

The study was funded by the DOD (Department of Defense) and carried out by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency in order to determine what defense was feasible for stopping a hemorrhagic fever virus, of which there is more than one, with Ebola having the highest mortality rate.

The ensuing report is titled: “Silver nano-particle neutralization of hemorrhagic fever viruses
Novel Nanotechnology-Based Antiviral Agents: Silver nano-particle neutralization of hemorrhagic
fever viruses.”

It was performed in 2008 and at first classified as confidential. But even after being declassified and available for public release, almost nothing was mentioned by the mainstream media about this study’s findings.

Apparently, trials on Ebola victims in West Africa with colloidal silver were not attempted. Maybe the DOD wanted to determine what it could use to protect future invading troops in West Africa, where Ebola is a fairly popular disease, or simply find an antidote against Ebola bio-warfare.

Big Pharma wouldn’t want to pay for human trials or let that information leak. Colloidal silver is not a synthetic drug. It can’t be patented. But it can be banned, as it has been in the EU. Big Pharma does not allow for any competition. That’s why I use the term “Medical Mafia” for the pharmaceutical industry.

So this trial study remains at in vitro, (in lab glass cultures) and not in vivo (live mammals). The study’s conclusions were dramatic, demonstrating that silver nanoparticles contained in colloidal silver completely stifled proliferation of Ebola viral replication within the blood or tissue cells of infected serum from African green monkey blood cultures that were infected with synthetically produced Ebola viruses.

This means exact dosages haven’t been determined for humans. But colloidal silver can be used liberally upon awareness of any viral symptoms. And it’s not nearly as expensive as anything the medical mafia comes up with. But it does wipe out the good bacteria needed for digestion and overall immunity. So an hour or more after each colloidal silver dose, a good Probiotic should be used to restore the collateral damage to intestinal Probiotic flora.

Ag is the symbol for silver; nano = one billionth; NP stands for nanoparticles; ug/ml = microgram per milliliter; Vero cells are lineages of cells from African green monkeys used in cell cultures; TCRV stands for T-cell receptor variable; eVLP mimics enveloped viruses for vaccine research.

Apparently the only caveat from the study offered by another colloidal silver expert is the silver needs to have already been in use or used quickly upon exposure to Ebola, in which case nebulizing colloidal silver may prove the fastest way to get it into your system. Small oral daily dosing as a preventative is another way to go."

See the report/study here....

http://www.thesilveredge.com/pdf/defense-threat-reduction-agency-silver-nanoparticles-neutralize-hemorrhagic-fever-viruses.pdf

Is / Could this be legit ?

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
So the people that work at the CDC's BSL 1 through 4 clean themselves with Dawn?  ???

Uhm no not Dawn ( tho that works quite well also)

Most prescribed protocols in the lab include include spray bottles of bleach INSIDE THE GLOVE BOX, then wipe,
then followed by alcohol as the drying agent, then wipe.

Those protocols have been developed to work in nearly all cases to include the toughest case such as spores INSIDE a Class III glovebox (which is what you use in BSL: 3 and 4)

BUT a specific application....in the vast majority of cases for a prepper thats neither practical nor necessary for you as a prepper going about your business outdoors or indoors.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:00:28 PM by Erick »

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
:lmfao:..... Burt.

But seriously, Erick, since you've probably read a lot medical/technical reports, perhaps you can shed some light on this one (supposedly funded by DOD)? Before the report here's a short brief....

"What’s scary about Ebola. It’s a hemorrhagic fever virus that causes fatal internal bleeding in its later stages. So any remedy should be applied in its early stages before internal organs disintegrate.

Health officials also announce there’s no cure for Ebola. Antibiotics are for bacteria. Ebola is a viral blood infection that’s serum borne, not air borne, which makes it less contagious than a seasonal or any other flu. Only vaccines can supposedly prevent viral infections, and Big Pharma doesn’t have one yet. After all, it hasn’t been a popular disease here. So there’s no money in it.

There is an unpublicized in vitro (Petri dish) study proving colloidal silver can destroy Ebola virus strains. Silver is both anti-bacterial and anti-viral.

The study was funded by the DOD (Department of Defense) and carried out by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency in order to determine what defense was feasible for stopping a hemorrhagic fever virus, of which there is more than one, with Ebola having the highest mortality rate.

The ensuing report is titled: “Silver nano-particle neutralization of hemorrhagic fever viruses
Novel Nanotechnology-Based Antiviral Agents: Silver nano-particle neutralization of hemorrhagic
fever viruses.”

It was performed in 2008 and at first classified as confidential. But even after being declassified and available for public release, almost nothing was mentioned by the mainstream media about this study’s findings.

Apparently, trials on Ebola victims in West Africa with colloidal silver were not attempted. Maybe the DOD wanted to determine what it could use to protect future invading troops in West Africa, where Ebola is a fairly popular disease, or simply find an antidote against Ebola bio-warfare.

Big Pharma wouldn’t want to pay for human trials or let that information leak. Colloidal silver is not a synthetic drug. It can’t be patented. But it can be banned, as it has been in the EU. Big Pharma does not allow for any competition. That’s why I use the term “Medical Mafia” for the pharmaceutical industry.

So this trial study remains at in vitro, (in lab glass cultures) and not in vivo (live mammals). The study’s conclusions were dramatic, demonstrating that silver nanoparticles contained in colloidal silver completely stifled proliferation of Ebola viral replication within the blood or tissue cells of infected serum from African green monkey blood cultures that were infected with synthetically produced Ebola viruses.

This means exact dosages haven’t been determined for humans. But colloidal silver can be used liberally upon awareness of any viral symptoms. And it’s not nearly as expensive as anything the medical mafia comes up with. But it does wipe out the good bacteria needed for digestion and overall immunity. So an hour or more after each colloidal silver dose, a good Probiotic should be used to restore the collateral damage to intestinal Probiotic flora.

Ag is the symbol for silver; nano = one billionth; NP stands for nanoparticles; ug/ml = microgram per milliliter; Vero cells are lineages of cells from African green monkeys used in cell cultures; TCRV stands for T-cell receptor variable; eVLP mimics enveloped viruses for vaccine research.

Apparently the only caveat from the study offered by another colloidal silver expert is the silver needs to have already been in use or used quickly upon exposure to Ebola, in which case nebulizing colloidal silver may prove the fastest way to get it into your system. Small oral daily dosing as a preventative is another way to go."

See the report/study here....

http://www.thesilveredge.com/pdf/defense-threat-reduction-agency-silver-nanoparticles-neutralize-hemorrhagic-fever-viruses.pdf

Is / Could this be legit ?

Brat:

thanks for the link that summarizes the work, its good you included it.
And DTRA, which is a DoD agency does indeed regularly fund such work but inidentally it does not usually mean that the work is performed at DTRA.

As for the content I have no beef with it but keep in mind that this was theoretical work at this point and no approved  treatment protocols have been published based on Silver.

In laymens terms what it talks about is how small silver particles may poison/interrupt the virus life cycle inside a cell and in so doing they feel it may be useful in treatment.

There is still no known and/or trusted treatment of Ebola.

Experimental treatments used in the recent outbreak include a transfusion with survivors blood (which includes anitobodies agianst Ebola) and ZMapp a new as yet not tested on humans anti viral.

There is still not approved treatment of Ebola and the Physicians involved

here is a good Q&A by the CDC on current experimental treatments:
http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/guinea/qa-experimental-treatments.html

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:21:45 PM by Erick »

brat

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »
Thanks Erick.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 02:43:29 AM »
DISCLAIMER:  I am not selling any silver containing supplement.  I am not a medical doctor.

I have been reading the info published & referenced at thesilveredge.com for many years.  Through self-experimentation, I have found my homemade nano-silver based medicine to be thoroughly effective (in vivo) on ALL pathogens (bacterial, viral & fungal) against which I have tried it.  Of course dosing takes some trial & error, and depends on the patient, pathogen, & particular "brew" at hand.

To sum up my understanding of the research:
In vitro, silver has either killed or sterilized every pathogen exposed to it.

Don't hold your breath for the "medical industrial complex" to ever properly study and/or approve silver for use to cure or prevent any disease.

...Colloidal silver is not a synthetic drug. It can’t be patented...

So you can wait for whatever over-priced, exotic, unavailable to you, patented, riddled with side effects, $nake-oil that "they" may or may not ever come up with... OR  You can do your own due diligence. 

If I recall, we have a saying around here:
"Freedom Through Self-Reliance"

The info is out there folks... but when it comes to silver, there will never be "FDA approved" treatments or even "peer-reviewed" studies using a substance from which "they" can not obscenely profit.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:09:12 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

brat

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 05:57:09 AM »
I agree with you SK. No agency will ever admit that anyone could benefit from silver. Big pharma won't let them. I know it has worked for me for the last few years. 

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
I have heard/read of "Colloidal silver" however I know zilch about it.

There are a posse of smart people on this forum and i suggest someone starting a topic on it in the health board. This would allow us all to contribute and then learn.

Who's up to starting it?  :what:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.