Author Topic: Belated Review On Flu Stuff  (Read 971 times)

gadget99

Belated Review On Flu Stuff
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:12:20 AM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to drop a note of things having to do with Flu.

First we all know that the whole flu pandemic risk (Namely Bird Flu) is a matter of when as opposed to if.

There are many schools of thought on this so will not go into a debate.

I will however offer a review of two products that we have always kept in stock and have used with normal flu and the swine flu.

I have stocked Tamiflu and Relenza as part of our preps.

While not perfect, we have found that they do work as advertised when taken as specified for both prevention of catching the flu from another family member and to assist in getting through the flu for those that have it.

Just my take on it though.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Belated Review On Flu Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 11:14:37 AM »
Tamiflu requires a prescription on this side of the pond.  Same over there or can you ship me some?

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

gadget99

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 03:34:27 AM »
Same over here. Just been able to sweet talk our doctor into giving us one.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:28:23 AM »
A lot of docs will prescribe things like Tamiflu or Epipens on request.  When we had bees we requested the Epipen script just in case and the doc wrote it without even raising an eyebrow.  Worth asking, right?  Don't forget your flu shot, too!

Oh - and I was told recently that Elderflower syrup is an excellent preventative and remedy for the flu.  I've got to do more research, but I've started looking into grow-your-own meds for when you can't get to a pharmacy*.  There's a lot of good (and a lot of crap) in the old ways of treating illness.

* disclaimer: I LOVE modern medicine, highly recommend it, am not one of those fluffernutters who think herbs are the only meds you need.  I just know that if/when things go to hell it might be hard to get meds like Tamiflu.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:31:35 AM by Well-Prepared Witch »
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »
I think I wrote about this before buttttt...

When I was living in Marina del Rey CA. I delivered boats to make extra money on the side. A doctor friend who was also a boater, made me up a medical kit. I would take the kit with me when I delivered the aforementioned boats. Most boats just have a few aspirins and if lucky a band-aide or two.

Well there was a whole slue of things in the Pelican case along with a paperback book that outlined symptoms and the medicine to take for them. The script stuff was expensive but many of the items he supplied via his "trial meds closet". I remember one item was a morphine inhalant very similar to a emergency asthma inhaler. There was different versions of antibiotics - Pill and cream form.

Anyhow it was pretty cool. No longer have it.  :facepalm: 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 04:50:43 PM »
Still have a doctor friend?  If not, go get a new one!

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.