Author Topic: AP Fitness Challenge  (Read 830 times)

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
AP Fitness Challenge
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »
https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/01/ap-fitness-challenge/

Be GREAT every day. Let's get into fighting shape and make sure we can stay in the fight as long as possible.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
Re: AP Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:27:10 PM »
I'm in! I finally have my head back into the game.

Last winter I focused on strength training but this year I'm adding in more treadmill and rucking along with the weights, as I get older my breathing is not what it was (nothing is what it was! LOL).

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 05:31:10 AM »
I'm in! I finally have my head back into the game.

Last winter I focused on strength training but this year I'm adding in more treadmill and rucking along with the weights, as I get older my breathing is not what it was (nothing is what it was! LOL).

I hear that! As I mentioned, my focus is also cardio and endurance. I can already lift pretty heavy so I want to switch it to stuff more relevant to the "boogaloo".
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 10:25:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm gonna die early.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »
Today is my first day back at the gym, 5 week out from total R hip replacement.  I have been counting down the days till I can start back at a regular routine.  As a result of my hip it has been better than 6 mos since I have been able to get a good workout in and really almost a year since being able to maintain a good cardio program.

There is still plenty of healing left to be done so I am really looking to just build a base to then be able to continue to improve on as I go.  This is particularly true of Cardio.  For now it is only on the bike, hope shortly move to eliptical as well.  It will be at least a few more weeks before any running.

Chris

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »
That is great that you are back at it so soon! I started off with bike as well a few years back and it gave me a great foundation for cardio.

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 10:13:35 AM »
Hi Guys,

Hows everyone doing with fitness? I have been keeping up with my program pretty well, spring has gotten in the way some with chores like cutting next years firewood, tilling gardens, boiling sap, but that's all good stuff too!

I have been incorporating some stuff that I hope lends itself to life. Pat McNamara has been a big inspiration to me lately, man he can get after it! https://www.youtube.com/user/patannamac1/videos

wayupnorth

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 11:01:28 AM »
Down 15lbs here!

Pat's stuff is awesome - and he's a certified badass!

Is everyone else doing well?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 01:03:52 PM »
I am still 12 over my cardiologists no more BP meds weight goal.

Nmo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline mechmedic

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »

Nmo

No, you're down to 12 pounds away from no bp meds.
Mindset is huge.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 06:17:28 PM »

Nmo

No, you're down to 12 pounds away from no bp meds.
Mindset is huge.

well said!

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 06:24:41 PM »
Well, I am on the bottom half of the pile.  I started at 25 over and 13 are gone as of the last scale standing anyway.

Nemo

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »
I've dropped 14# and need another 6 to meet my goal, I have firmed up a lot and that is the main thing. Started at 240 down to 226 @ 6'2"

Offline wayupnorth

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »

Nmo

Just keep at it! We are either gaining ground or loosing it... keep positive and you WILL get there!