Author Topic: BaoFeng BF-888S Two Way Ham Radio Six (6) Pack $52.65 FREE S&H  (Read 1235 times)

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: BaoFeng BF-888S Two Way Ham Radio Six (6) Pack $52.65 FREE S&H
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »
Thats a great deal Patriotman! Thx for sharing it.

With that written, I am working on getting off of the BaoFeng teat. Moving towards my HT comms to Quansheng TG-UV2Plus. More sturdy radio, VERY waterproof, and it's max power output is 10W. Double the BaoFeng's.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »
Thats a great deal Patriotman! Thx for sharing it.

With that written, I am working on getting off of the BaoFeng teat. Moving towards my HT comms to Quansheng TG-UV2Plus. More sturdy radio, VERY waterproof, and it's max power output is 10W. Double the BaoFeng's.

Same price point too, right? I saw NCS's write-up.

I may be switching to that as well. Now what to do with these 13 Baofengs....... :drool:

Do they have the same antenna connection as the Baofengs?
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 03:25:22 PM »
Yes I think so Patriotman.

Please, I am not saying do not order as that is a great price just be aware of their drawbacks.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
I already have enough Baofengs (that 13 didn't include any I may purchase from the deal). I posted it for other people.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 09:49:44 AM »
 :thumbsUp: Patriotman.  :cheers:

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »
 It should be noted that this model of Baofeng is UHF only, and they only have 16 channels.  They are truly disposable radios.  For those inclined to get a rugged, reliable radio, I'd suggest an Icom ID-51A series radio, which covers both VHF and UHF.  It's has an IPX-7 rating, which means it can be immersed in a 3 foot depth of water for 30 minutes.  It's fairly easy to modify for wide band operation.  You get what you pay for.  If the SHTF, it's a radio that you can trust and rely upon.  Here's an analysis from survivalblog from last year: https://survivalblog.com/selecting-portable-handheld-two-way-radio-r/   I have both models of radios, and I've found they're about the same, though the Kenwood has more gee whiz features.

Bazooka Joe

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 11:24:10 AM »

Same price point too, right? I saw NCS's write-up.

The UV2plus is a more expensive radio around $90 each.  NC Scout praised that radio, but his writeup was more about the cheaper UV-R50 which is closer in price to the Baofeng UV-5R at about $33ish.

gadget99

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 12:17:15 PM »
I have a few different types of radio in my prep stock. I have a bunch of the BF-888s radios in my preps. Due to thier low price point.

Being as cheap as they are. I have them slotted for use by others outside of my family group.

These are the things I would provide to associates for use in neighbourhood patrols, checkpoints and such.

As said before. They are almost throw away's. So have a place in my plans for my location  and circumstances.

Cheers all