Author Topic: US Military Raid...  (Read 722 times)

Offline leadpersuasion

• Prepper
  • Don't Tread On Me!
US Military Raid...
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
I am having a hard time seeing how this is not a violation of OPSEC or some other intelligence violation of protocol within the military. Somebody please clarify how this info is ok to become public knowledge.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-military-raid-somalia-frees-american-dane-063438091.html
"Our cause is just; being with one mind resolved to die freemen rather than to live slaves." - Thomas Jefferson
"Training should be like a bloodless battle, so that battle is like bloody training." - TigerSwan

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: US Military Raid...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
The operation is done, what is the problem?

Offline leadpersuasion

• Prepper
  • Don't Tread On Me!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »
O since the operation is done, then the whole world is entitled to know know who was there and what they did. So I can get the DOD to send me all the info on every Special Operations missions and the particular units involved? The idea of SO is to be discreet, is it not?
"Our cause is just; being with one mind resolved to die freemen rather than to live slaves." - Thomas Jefferson
"Training should be like a bloodless battle, so that battle is like bloody training." - TigerSwan

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:25 PM »
would you prefer they continue to carry out military operations in foreign countries and just never tell us?
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
I am having a hard time seeing how this is not a violation of OPSEC or some other intelligence violation of protocol within the military. Somebody please clarify how this info is ok to become public knowledge.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-military-raid-somalia-frees-american-dane-063438091.html

Remember, THEY have only told us exactly what THEY want us to hear.....which amounts to a big fat Obama campaign stunt!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:15:57 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline leadpersuasion

• Prepper
  • Don't Tread On Me!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
I do find it odd how we don't hear anything about the hundred of missions JSOC carries out on a yearly basis; except when it seems like perfect timing for the administration to reveal one; moral boosting etc. I hate that prefabricated taste. Who knows.

I guess this is my grind. If we are gonna hear about it, lets hear about all of it, JSOC, I mean. I was just confused, I guess, about certain aspects within the JSOC community, that it was taboo to talk about such operations. No big deal....just wanted some clarification....certainly don't wanna demean our boys and what they accomplished in any way.   [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »
regardless of how you feel about that scum bag obama and foreign policy, that is pretty badass, they probably HALO jumped at 0dark30 reconed in and killed a bunch of SOBs...thats the shit i want to do.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »
The mission and outcome itself are awesome!  Always great when these scumbag worthless "I'm gonna kidnap people for ransom so I can keep getting high and not doing anything with myself" asshats, ESPECIALLY when they think they can take an AMERICAN hostage and get away with it.

The timing and spotlight that the story and mission is getting is HIGHLY suspect at best and in my personal opinion is early campaigning.

I hate to sound like a dick but how much of ST 6 is left after both the raid in Paki and the bird explosion in Afghan?  Personally I get the feeling like 6 is being given the nod for this as it actually could be FOR OPSEC.  If that confuses you PM and I'll explain lol

Speaking of OPSEC, how about them spotlighting the SEAL Admiral post 02:00 and highlighting him as being key to the Osama raid.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
I think the only reason that these raids are being so highly publicized is to give Obama a bump in the polls.  No other president was so open about all the secret squirrel shit they did during their terms.

Is what he doesn't understand, is that if they are not careful, they will give away too much info on one of these missions and it will allow our enemies to better prepare a way to stop such raids. 

They've all but given our enemy all the information that they need in order to try and stop raids such as this from occurring in their AO.  Special Operations guys need to take note and be aware.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »

Remember, THEY have only told us exactly what THEY want us to hear.....which amounts to a big fat Obama campaign stunt!

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »
Hats off to ST6! Those SEALS are incredible! ( I wanted to try out while in the Navy but they told me I was colorblind , they wouldn't let me.  :( )  Anyway, Obama don't care what info is let out. Some things the general public just don't need to know. You got those types that burn flags, or protest funerals, or give intel. to the enemy. Americans can't all agree on anything. Some things the public just don't need to know. That's why they call it confidential, secret, top secret ,etc.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:16:10 AM by hjmoosejaw »

Offline leadpersuasion

• Prepper
  • Don't Tread On Me!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 12:38:22 PM »