Author Topic: One County Can Decide The Election  (Read 330 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
One County Can Decide The Election
« on: October 12, 2020, 06:50:45 PM »
and it just might.   I hope everyone here, where ever they are politiking big time.

Nemo

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/10/forgotten-pennsylvania-region-holds-key-to-trumps-fate-428482

2020 Elections
‘Forgotten’ Pennsylvania region holds key to Trump’s fate
In a critical swing state, one little-known county plays an outsized role.
By HOLLY OTTERBEIN
10/10/2020 07:00 AM EDT

In the wake of the 2016 election, a little-known county in northeastern Pennsylvania emerged as a national symbol of Donald Trump’s unexpected victory, seeming to epitomize the political forces that explained the stunning outcome.

“Why Did Donald Trump Win? Just Visit Luzerne County, Pennsylvania” read one headline. The Wall Street Journal reported that “a decline in manufacturing, shrinking populations, a fraying of social cohesion and a rise in immigration” made the area a perfect fit for Trump’s message. Journalist Ben Bradlee, Jr. wrote a whole book about the county of 317,000.

Four years later, Trump is the underdog in his reelection campaign. And his ability to repeat — or expand on — his performance in Luzerne County is essential to his hopes of achieving an upset victory in this critical battleground state.

“The Luzerne County voter was the definition of the forgotten men and women. Nobody in Washington was standing up for them. They’d lost hope,” said former GOP Rep. Lou Barletta, a top Trump ally in Pennsylvania who represented a Luzerne-based district. “I don’t believe the president lost any support from 2016 here. If anything, he may have even gained more.”

Trump won working-class Luzerne by 26,000 votes in 2016 — nearly 60 percent of his margin of victory in a state that he narrowly carried. As part of his strategy to win Pennsylvania again, his campaign is betting on increased turnout in the small cities and rural reaches of the northeast.

.   .   .

continued
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.