Author Topic: Newest From Matt Bracken - "Richmond: The Mother of all Buffalo Jumps"  (Read 833 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Matt Bracken just wrote an article for American Partisan titled Richmond: The Mother of all Buffalo Jumps that explains my position on attending Virginia Lobby Days to promote 2A far better than I have done to date.

Please take the 10-minutes to read, then another 60-minutes or so to think about what he wrote, before you comment.

Thank you Matt for taking the time to write this piece.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:27:09 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Newest From Matt Bracken - "Richmond: The Mother of all Buffalo Jumps"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 03:52:54 PM »
     Bracken makes some very good points.  Any urban area is not the best terrain for demonstrations; there are too many choke points, and it's too easy to be herded.  Not knowing how LE is going to react is another huge factor.  Bad PR is almost guaranteed, due to the leftist slant of the various news (propaganda) entities that will also be there to further muck up the works. 

As Bracken indicated, a local demonstration, allows you to be on familiar ground, and you will hopefully have a good rapport with your local LE, and you will hopefully know how they will react.  Most politics are local, local, local.  As an armchair quarter back, I think that is where VCDL dropped the ball.  My impression is that they didn't have a good feel as to how the State is evolving.  Now they know.  Hopefully during the next election cycle gunowners will be more active, and they will make sure that these Leftists are thrown out on their butts.

In any case, good luck to all those who attend, and stay safe.  I'm not sure if you would be safer in the Middle East or in Richmond...

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 06:44:28 PM »
I read Mr. Bracken's article a day or so ago. Been pondering on it since.

I see the risk of some shooting. I strongly think the chances of any shooting are less than the chances of it happening in your basic residential neighborhood in Va or Ga or Pa or Ma. I expect the legislature to have the Capitol Grounds are declared a gun free zone by then anyway.

I also believe the police presence will be sufficient (if not excessive) and well organized. To the point that should an Antifa type group show up looking to cause issues or make news their issues will be resolved quickly and efficiently.

Lobby Day has been going on in Richmond for a long time, although past numbers overall were substantially below that currently anticipated on the gun issue alone. Richmond, Capitol and Va State police are well organized and experienced in this and will handle any problems quickly and easily.

Besides the vasts majority of those in uniform will be more on the side of the 2A supporters and not the Antifa types. That is a major difference from what occurred in Charlottesville a couple years back. I don't believe many of the leos there were much in support of the so called white supremacy group(s).

Besides every person going to lobby know the first round fired will kill any anti-gun control effects of the entire day, and likely cause critical injury to any for the rest of the year.

The protestors will push for that but I believe they will fail.

If you have not read the info linked below, it would be good to do so.

Nemo

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HNetTtLzfzcshbdTcQBv6eOxzN-qXOd21uPGuedFDGM/edit
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 07:19:19 PM »
Further, what would have been his thoughts were he in his house back on April 19, 1775 and heard the horseman ride by shouting-- The Redcoats are coming.

Stay home in case something bad happens? 

The chances of something remotely similar to what Mr. Bracken suggests happening are IMHO negligible.  But I will not stay home to avoid that risk and take the larger risk of Mr. Northam succeeding in his plans.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 07:40:17 PM »
Nemo, God Bless you Brother. I hear ya' and in fact support all you and the VCDL are doing.

As you know, Matt is a former Navy UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams) officer now called the SEALS and has worked around the world in a SOF role. He has done many a brief before an op happens. His very well written article is only a brief of what could happen in Richmond. Not because the 2A guys want it but what could happen thanks to a false flag op.

I have known Matt for quite awhile. He is a very quiet mild mannered man who is not one to just talk to stir the pot. Take it or leave it.

I and all of us should be praying for a peaceful Virginia Lobby day.   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »
I have done some thinking and reading on Mr. Bracken.  Never met him so he gets the Mr.  I understand where he is coming from on this.  Always good to have a "worst case and resolution" write up in planning.   I referred to "his thoughts .  .  . redocats are coming" just in relation to his avoidance idea.  Which is not a bad idea.  I do admit it made me do some thinking on the-- what if he is dead on right and really should I go?   That how I came up with the redcoats idea.

Offer to you to head down and join us is still open.  I will go the $35 for the bus ride for you.  I am dayum sure you won't find a hotel room within walking/cab/uber distance and what you do find will leave you in a bad spot for parking your vehicle downtown.

Nemo

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:05:05 PM by Nemo »

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 08:08:05 PM »
Further, what would have been his thoughts were he in his house back on April 19, 1775 and heard the horseman ride by shouting-- The Redcoats are coming.

Stay home in case something bad happens? 

The chances of something remotely similar to what Mr. Bracken suggests happening are IMHO negligible.  But I will not stay home to avoid that risk and take the larger risk of Mr. Northam succeeding in his plans.

Nemo

Can you imagine if our Founding Fathers said we better not toss that tea in the bay because the brits will get mad and hurt us....

Rock on brothers, you're not alone   :bravo:
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 09:38:55 PM »
LOL Grizz.

There is an American tale that two of the tea tossers put some tea into their pockets and were promptly thrown overboard. I like to believe that story.

@Nemo, thank you sir for the invite. I will be at meeting that weekend discussing the future of 2A and the militia. As I pass north on Tuesday, maybe we could meet and I could buy ya' a cup of coffee.

Good luck Brother!

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
I-81.  Exit 150 in Va.  Head east toward 460, about 5 miles.  T intersection, turn left to head east/north to Bedford about 20 miles.  D-Day National Memorial at the top of the exit for 122. Good signage to get you there and your phone should make it real easy.

Thats worth the side trip even itself.

Nemo

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 12:48:29 PM »
Everybody needs to come!

Who should come?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 01:21:14 PM »
Everybody needs to come!

Who should come?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

I cant make it but I got your back, about as far back as anyone can be, in Alaska  :fuckYeah: :pirateThumbUp: :bravo:

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 04:51:58 PM »
Might want to go back to the original link in this thread.  See if you can find my relatively recently added comment.

Nemo

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »
    So when is crossover day?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »
Today.    Full Calendar--   https://sgr.virginia.edu/key-dates-2020-general-assembly-session

Info on whats racing to the line below.

Nemo

https://wtop.com/dc-transit/2020/02/va-transportation-bill-changes-lower-gas-tax-hike-keep-car-inspections/

Gas tax changes among votes on Virginia’s ‘crossover’ day
Max Smith | @amaxsmith,  February 11, 2020, 4:40 AM

Gas taxes would rise less than initially proposed and car inspections would remain an annual requirement under the latest version of a major Virginia transportation funding overhaul set to be approved by the state’s Senate on Tuesday.

While the bill remains far from the final form it is expected to take when sent to the governor’s desk in a few weeks, the Senate’s version would raise the statewide gas tax eight cents over the next two years then index it to inflation. The bill would also add a 2.1% regional gas tax in the areas that do not have it today (it exists along I-81, in Northern Virginia and in Hampton Roads) to provide funding for local road projects.

The Senate bill keeps a proposed “fuel efficient” vehicle fee charged to electric or alternative fuel cars and cars that get 24 or more miles per gallon to account for lower gas taxes those drivers pay, and the bill would keep current registration fees.

By maintaining registration fees and annual inspections, the Senate believes the gas tax does not need to be raised another 4 cents in the third year before indexing to inflation.

On the rails, the final version of the bill is expected to include a requirement to prioritize improvements between D.C., Richmond and the Hampton Roads area before any work begins to improve service between Richmond and Raleigh, North Carolina, Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw said.

Additional changes are also expected in the next few weeks on the structure of the new body being created to oversee the major rail improvements, including the Long Bridge construction between Arlington and D.C.

Further discussion is also expected about the balance of funds used for general road maintenance compared to the money designated for specific safety improvements.

The house of delegates voted Monday to pass language in line with the original transportation bill proposals introduced last month, but the House could still also offer additional amendments on the Senate version in coming weeks.

The House version scales back vehicle inspection requirements to every other year.

The two chambers expect to work out their differences by the time the session ends on March 7.

After that, Gov. Ralph Northam is permitted to offer amendments to the bill to be considered at April’s reconvened session if there are additional negotiations needed to reach consensus.

The Northam administration supports the bill overall.

The General Assembly is also in the final stages of approving safety changes, including a ban on handheld cellphone use while driving, a ban on open containers of alcohol in cars and tighter seat belt laws.

Other bills making transportation changes

Virginia is closer than ever to eliminating the risk of jail time for drivers going 81 mph in a 70 mph zone.

While the Senate has supported a change to the reckless driving law for several years to raise the automatic trigger for reckless driving from 80 mph to 85 mph, the House is expected to pass its own version of that bill Tuesday for the first time.

Under the House version, the threat of one year in jail would apply to drivers going 86 mph or faster in a 70 mph zone, while speeding 81 mph to 85 mph would come with an extra $100 fine above regular speeding penalties.

It would remain reckless driving to go 20 mph or more over the posted speed limit anywhere in Virginia.

Under a separate bill approved by the Senate, it would become illegal for a non-plug-in car to park in an electric vehicle charging spot. The idea is to keep the spaces clear for cars that need to plug in. A violator could be ticketed and towed.

Tuesday deadline

Tuesday night is the final deadline for a bill to pass in the house in which it was introduced to cross over to the other side.

Among the bills on the long final agendas, the House is set to approve scaled-back restrictions on assault weapons that would restrict magazines that hold more than 12 rounds and limit the sale or transfer of certain guns.

Lawmakers are also expected to consider redistricting regulations that would outline how new General Assembly and Congressional lines will be drawn next year, and long-term plans to move Virginia away from fossil fuels and into more solar, wind and other energy sources.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 06:53:35 PM »
NEMO, you miss the whole point. Everybody that brought a cell phone is now registered with the alphabet soups. Everybody who drove, their license plate is now registered with the alphabet soups. Where possible, everybody's face was photographed.

It blows me away how smart people do not understand HUMINT. The whole event was a "honeypot" operation.  :suicide:

And in closing, it was just a force of firearm support that the Virginia assembly is not now going to pass anymore gun control. Oh wait...I am wrong.  HB-961  :troutSlap:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 07:40:12 PM »
961 made the crossover.  But has not passed the Senate yet.  VCDL needs one Dem to not support this bill and its dead.  Reports are looking good that we can get that done.

As far as the intelligence gathering I am quite confident little more was added to the stockpiles already held by the alphabets.  And if being added to a list for future action is necessary, I take the risk willingly.  If I get killed by it, I only ask a chance to reply.  And I will dayum sure become a haint and hound every one to the ends of the earth.

Nemo

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »
While I am a Bracken fan, the notion that we must abdicate the public space to the enemy out of fear what their ideological fellow travelers in potions of authority might do is absurd.

Those arguments "they will have our data!" can be made for ANY time we dare make use of our 1st Amendment right..
So this fear means only the left can exercise their full 1st amendment right.. and this approach is counterproductive and only helps the left

If we do that we have already lost.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 03:37:10 PM »
I hear ya. Erick but....

Everybody who attended the rally's cell phone info was captured, that is of course if they did not heed the warning's from a bunch of HUMINT and SIGINT professionals like, Culper, NC Scout, JC Dodge, to name a few.

Once "they" have the intel then they start building a case on every person's info they gathered. Add to that the license pics and facial recognition pic's they got.

This episode was purely a information gathering exercise on the part of the police and alphabet soups. When the Red Flag laws start to be acted on in oh, about mid-summer/July we will then aware of the info gathered.

Stay tuned...

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »
I hear ya. Erick but....

Everybody who attended the rally's cell phone info was captured, that is of course if they did not heed the warning's from a bunch of HUMINT and SIGINT professionals like, Culper, NC Scout, JC Dodge, to name a few.

Once "they" have the intel then they start building a case on every person's info they gathered. Add to that the license pics and facial recognition pic's they got.

This episode was purely a information gathering exercise on the part of the police and alphabet soups. When the Red Flag laws start to be acted on in oh, about mid-summer/July we will then aware of the info gathered.

Stay tuned...

:bravo: I concur, as you know.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 11:07:03 PM »
No Doubt Whatsoever it happened in Richmond.

Nemo

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/education/unc-campus-police-used-geofencing-tech-monitor-antiracism-protestors-n1105746

UNC campus police used geofencing tech to monitor antiracism protestors
Police used the technology to collect info from a protest at a Confederate statue on the UNC campus known as "Silent Sam."

Dec. 21, 2019, 7:01 AM EST
By Ari Sen

CHAPEL HILL, NORTH CAROLINA — State investigators and college police used a controversial tracking technology called "geofencing" to collect personal information from the cellphones of antiracism protestors at the University of North Carolina after being tipped off by the FBI, according to documents obtained by NBC News via a freedom of information request.

The documents also show that the university signed a three-year, $73,500 contract for the use of geofencing in 2016, a contract that ran through the end of October 2019.

"Geofencing" captures the social media posts of people entering a specific area. The technology locates any cellphones that cross into the area by locking onto their geolocation systems, and then records social media posts and sometimes other data from the phones.

Versions of geofencing have been used in politics, including by the Trump reelection campaign and the Texas Democratic Party, and by retailers, who send ads touting sales and products to any nearby cellphones.

At UNC, however, internal university emails obtained by NBC News show that officials used the technology at least once to monitor activists who showed up for a protest at a campus Confederate memorial known as "Silent Sam" — a statue of a gun-wielding rebel soldier.

On Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017, white supremacists met in Charlottesville, Virginia, for a planned march to protest the proposed removal of a Robert E. Lee statue from a city park. A white supremacist drove his car into a counter-protestor, killing her.

The incident raised concerns among law enforcement officers in other cities, including Chapel Hill, about potential violence at other protests.

.   .   .

continued

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »
Great find Nemo!
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
In light of the success of this event the absence of mass protests and the traction We The People got from it it should illustrate to all of us that even a giant of our Movement like Matt Bracken can be wrong at times.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
I agree Erick, it was a success on both sides. The 2A folks in Va. and the government.

The 2A folks got their clear message across.

The government captured every bodies cell phone IP address, vehicle tags, and many pictures of folks faces to put in their file. 

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
Had my phone anyway.  Rode a bus in, but boarding/parking area of shopping center probably videotaped, and I one dayum good looking guy.  But they had that anyway.

So if I become disappeared .  .  ..

Nemo