Author Topic: Latest result of letter to my representatives  (Read 834 times)

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Latest result of letter to my representatives
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Latest result of various letters to my representatives....
Dear Mr. Crudos:

Thanks for contacting me regarding efforts to curb gun violence in the U.S. and your support for the 2nd Amendment. I appreciate hearing your views on this important issue.

Recent events, particularly the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, have refocused attention on measures to stop these mass killings and also to address gun violence generally. There is no simple answer, and I believe we need to take a broad perspective as to what motivates those who commit these acts as we consider how to stop them. For instance, many of these mass shootings seem to be perpetrated by isolated young men, so we need to look at how we can identify and provide the needed help to address their issues.

While there should be a national discussion on efforts to curb gun violence and stop these horrific killings, I remain strong in my commitment to protect and preserve rights guaranteed under the 2nd Amendment. Rights of law-abiding citizens should not be undermined as part of an effort to keep guns away from criminals and others who should not have them, such as those with mental health issues. I also question whether some of the proposals put forward would have been at all effective in stopping an Aurora or Sandy Hook from occurring. And it is questionable how effective more gun laws would be in controlling gun-related crimes, as many of these criminals already are flouting gun laws now.

As we face these difficult issues, I will continue to support sensible solutions to our nation's crime problems but will remain steadfast in my support of our 2nd Amendment rights under the Constitution. Please continue to contact me on issues of concern.

Sincerely,
Thomas E. Petri
Member of Congress

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Latest result of letter to my representatives
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
Exactly what we wanted to hear. Good job career politician.

I say we make the legal age to own a gun 25.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
...I say we make the legal age to own a gun 25.

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
What a brilliant idea.  So that way, those under 25 who are willing to break the law will still have guns.  F'n brilliant I tell ya'.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »
...I say we make the legal age to own a gun 25.

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
What a brilliant idea.  So that way, those under 25 who are willing to break the law will still have guns.  F'n brilliant I tell ya'.

But young people who dont go to raves are the ones we must defend ourselves from. According to the tool in the letter.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
Were about 2 clicks away from it being ok to say white people are the problem in this country.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »
sorry but I am confused...What is his position?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

1000meterstare

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
Yes-man, I think. [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »
sorry but I am confused...What is his position?
lol
Indeed.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
Just got another similarly worded reply from another rep. Their decisiveness to take a stand doesn't fill me with much hope.  >:(

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
Were about 2 clicks away from it being ok to say white people are the problem in this country.

Away? What rock have you been living under? We're two clicks away from people being told to do something about it.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »

Away? What rock have you been living under? We're two clicks away from people being told to do something about it.

Well so far they just beat around the bush. Its not widely accepted yet. Only certain racist figures openly say it. Soon it will be normal talk on the radio. Then the phones will ring off the hook with appaulogetic whites begging for forgiveness for being white.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
From my esteemed Governor: >:(
Dear Concerned Citizen:

Thank you for contacting me regarding enactment of a state law banning the enforcement of any federal law related to limits on semi-automatic weapons and high capacity magazines.  I appreciate your thoughts on this important issue.

As Governor, I signed into law a conceal and carry law making Wisconsin the 49th state in the nation to allow for concealed carry.  I also signed into law protections for homeowners who are responsibly protecting their families from assault.  As Governor, I take public safety and the protection of Second Amendment rights seriously. 

Under the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution, state laws do not take precedence over federal laws.  Therefore, states enacting laws to prohibit the enforcement of a federal law or calling for the arrest of individuals attempting to enforce federal law are passing laws likely to be struck down in court. 

There are federal laws I do not agree with just as I imagine there are state laws with which federally elected officials do not agree.  However, as an elected official in the United States of America, I am confined to the Constitution of the state and nation as to what powers and limitations my office holds.

Again, thank you for contacting me. 

Sincerely,

Governor Scott Walker

CrookedSights

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »
God forbid elected officials act like they have a pair save for a very rare few and stand up to the Feds.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »

(The only colored member on here slowly backs away towards the door)  :)) :)) :))

Jus frakin' with ya
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 12:11:53 AM »
^^

LOL :))

1000meterstare

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
The States created the Federal Government, not the other way around.  The States were here first.