Author Topic: HOLY SHIT lnl is back  (Read 4030 times)

505th.NM.Militia

Re: HOLY SHIT lnl is back
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
The comments about sp are much appreciated, also I agree let's make sure if LnL opens the vault that we all grab as much info as we can.  We all contributed and we deserve to have access to our information.  That being said, there is more than enough internet to go around, and we thank LnL for his past service, regardless of his dickish moves as of late. 

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »
mtnred5439 (16 minutes ago)
i guess only the happy welcome back comments are allowed.......

you made it MT! 

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 04:55:31 PM »
mtnred5439 (16 minutes ago)
i guess only the happy welcome back comments are allowed.......

you made it MT!

he deleted my first one where i said he hould join the site we made after they took theirs down then i linked this site
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Ghost

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »
The comments about sp are much appreciated, also I agree let's make sure if LnL opens the vault that we all grab as much info as we can.  We all contributed and we deserve to have access to our information.  That being said, there is more than enough internet to go around, and we thank LnL for his past service, regardless of his dickish moves as of late.

Agreed. Get the beer while the taps are flowing type of thing.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
that bastard deleted my comment  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Lol. Perhaps he didn't like humorous comments, and is going for the serious stuff. He had a tendency to do that on the BlogTV shows, too. Pretty serious fellow. EJR and Ghost's posts on his channel were serious, respectful, and included maybe just a teeeeeny bit of brown-nosing.  :P

mine was a serious enough comment, however i didn't deep throat him like ejr did

I don't think I've ever seen EJR not being respectful to anyone.  Unless I missed something somewhere along the way.  So I'm having a hard time seeing the brown nosing and deep throat remarks being justified. 

Can anyone give me a link to the example where EJR has been a prick?  Just wondering. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 04:59:58 PM »
that bastard deleted my comment  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Lol. Perhaps he didn't like humorous comments, and is going for the serious stuff. He had a tendency to do that on the BlogTV shows, too. Pretty serious fellow. EJR and Ghost's posts on his channel were serious, respectful, and included maybe just a teeeeeny bit of brown-nosing.  :P

mine was a serious enough comment, however i didn't deep throat him like ejr did

I don't think I've ever seen EJR not being respectful to anyone.  Unless I missed something somewhere along the way.  So I'm having a hard time seeing the brown nosing and deep throat remarks being justified. 

Can anyone give me a link to the example where EJR has been a prick?  Just wondering.

i think they were just giving EJR shit.. lol.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 05:04:31 PM »
Sledge is the voice of reason as of late.  I guess that's why you have the highest/ lowest karma of anyone on here! [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »
Sledge is the voice of reason as of late.  I guess that's why you have the highest/ lowest karma of anyone on here!

Yeah, those that like me, really like me.  Those that hate me, really hate me.  That's the story of my life.   lol

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Hey, Sledge:

Fuck that, I didn't deep throat him, I just left a serious and respectful comment on there.  I'm not going anywhere, I still don't like that fact he just up and disappeared like he did and didn't tell anyone what was up, but then when I found out the REASON that he did it, HELL it made much more sense.  I would have done the same thing, except I would have at least let everyone know I was going dark.  I think he should have done that as well.

As far as him leaving, under his circumstances, I completely understand.  Bite me.  He's no savior, he's not even a leader, he's just a guy who I liked watching a few of his videos and learned some good information on them.  That's it.

We're just messin' with ya. I think most of us feel the same way.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »
Hey, Sledge:

Fuck that, I didn't deep throat him, I just left a serious and respectful comment on there.  I'm not going anywhere, I still don't like that fact he just up and disappeared like he did and didn't tell anyone what was up, but then when I found out the REASON that he did it, HELL it made much more sense.  I would have done the same thing, except I would have at least let everyone know I was going dark.  I think he should have done that as well.

As far as him leaving, under his circumstances, I completely understand.  Bite me.  He's no savior, he's not even a leader, he's just a guy who I liked watching a few of his videos and learned some good information on them.  That's it.

We're just messin' with ya. I think most of us feel the same way.

You're a nice guy Rah.  I'm not sure why everyone was so excited about L&L surfacing.  It's pretty obvious the guy is going to want to stay lower key than he was in the past.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm sure his name was highlighted on a list somewhere for being so vocal.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
lnl coming back is big news, hell the prospect of us possibly getting a couple years of info that they just took off has me excited as can be

like a lot of guys on there i was on from day one, and i want my information back
as for lnl himself being back, well thats cool too i got somethings to say to him

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »
If there is one bit of information that could help someone its worth it, but no we aren't talking about thread dumping the dumb shit. 

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
I completely disagree with the idea of thread dumping the old LnL archives onto this new forum. Most of it was worthless shit anyways; yes there were plenty of useful conversation pieces and informative threads; but lets be real...most of it was shit. The 1/3 was crap that lead to the downfall of that forum in the first place, another 1/3 was absolute trivial banter about nothing prep related, and the last 1/3 was actually useful in one way or the other. I thought the whole point of SP was for a fresh start and a clean slate with no more holier than thou bullshit and back turning on fellow preppers. As for LnL; I think an invite to the board should be presented by one of the long standing members and leave it be at that. No need to point fingers and be all tender about shit. We are but men....and errr, one woman right?

well i want to take the good stuff with, not just take the site alltogether
lets face it that site's content sucked after about a year

Offline thekiltedpatriot

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
...regardless of his dickish moves as of late.

Don't know the guy, but seen a few of his videos.  Liked what I saw, BUT....a general comment and shouldn't be looked at as my talking shit about LnL:

This is exactly why prepping shouldn't be directly tied to anyone but yourself and the people in your *real* life.  Depending on someone who can and, in my experience, will bail at will is not someone who I consider a member of the team when the SHTF or WROL.  Yes, everyone needs a recharge, but still, if you can't handle this way of life NOW when things are "civilized", how the hell are you going to handle it when the shit IS life?

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
this is going to be akward. like a husband in prison that is released and comes home and finds thatguy on his couch watching his TV and his kids calling him dad.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »
...regardless of his dickish moves as of late.

Don't know the guy, but seen a few of his videos.  Liked what I saw, BUT....a general comment and shouldn't be looked at as my talking shit about LnL:

This is exactly why prepping shouldn't be directly tied to anyone but yourself and the people in your *real* life.  Depending on someone who can and, in my experience, will bail at will is not someone who I consider a member of the team when the SHTF or WROL.  Yes, everyone needs a recharge, but still, if you can't handle this way of life NOW when things are "civilized", how the hell are you going to handle it when the shit IS life?

in his defense i think he bailed on all technologies in order to get a better prepping experience. no TV, no phones, etc... or so he said.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »
this is going to be akward. like a husband in prison that is released and comes home and finds thatguy on his couch watching his TV and his kids calling him dad.

lol.  Now that was really funny.  Maybe not in a real life situation.  That would actually suck.

But in this situation.  Yep, that's funny!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »
Sledge is the voice of reason as of late.  I guess that's why you have the highest/ lowest karma of anyone on here!

Yeah, those that like me, really like me.  Those that hate me, really hate me.  That's the story of my life.   lol

eh im kind of luke warm with you... lol jk
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 08:13:03 PM »

lol.  Now that was really funny.  Maybe not in a real life situation.  That would actually suck.

But in this situation.  Yep, that's funny!

I don't care who you are, that funny right there!  :))

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
I completely disagree with the idea of thread dumping the old LnL archives onto this new forum. Most of it was worthless shit anyways; yes there were plenty of useful conversation pieces and informative threads; but lets be real...most of it was shit. The 1/3 was crap that lead to the downfall of that forum in the first place, another 1/3 was absolute trivial banter about nothing prep related, and the last 1/3 was actually useful in one way or the other. I thought the whole point of SP was for a fresh start and a clean slate with no more holier than thou bullshit and back turning on fellow preppers. As for LnL; I think an invite to the board should be presented by one of the long standing members and leave it be at that. No need to point fingers and be all tender about shit. We are but men....and errr, one woman right?

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co   Yeah, we don't need a lot of the stuff on the L&L site, sure there were some conversations that were really useful, but that's all the more reason to spread the knowledge on this site.
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
I'm Glad L&L has resurfaced. But Straightprep is where i hang my hat these days. And I'm pretty comfortable here. I like many others have missed L&L's insight. But we all got dumped on our collective asses, with no warning. How much trust should we offer to someone who droped the ball and walked off the field in mid play??? I'm glad he is OK and making a return. I look forward to having him active in the community once more. But a "Hey guys I'm go in off the grid for a while" would've been nice. Not that he owes anyone anything. But I'm not sure how much we owe him at this juncture. So for me I'm going to listen to what he has to say and welcome him on back with common courtesy. But...... 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:17:49 PM by WhiskeyJack »
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
Like I have said before I understand why he bailed but that doesn't mean he couldn't have said he was doing so and just because he wants to live with out the interwebs doesn't mean that he had to make us do so ;)

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 07:06:55 AM »

Maybe keep the off-topic and general discussions off the new site, but there were forums that had JUST prepping information, and I for one spent a lot of time posting really good articles I found over there.  Especially praxis articles.  I'd like to see all that work that I did, it would be nice to know it wasn't lost forever.  That was literally hours and hours of work. 

If we could get some of the prepping forums put into our forums, I think it would be great.  I'm not saying it would or could happen because I'll be honest, it sounds like a huge pain in the ass to me.  I'm not sure we should expect it for sure.  I know I wouldn't want to do all that work, as I'm sure its quite a lot of hard work to do something like that. 

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:11:20 AM by EJR914 »

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 08:14:24 AM »
I do agree that about 1/3 was good info that was alot of hard work. Yes i would like to see those who put the work in get their threads back from the L&L site.
But ERJ is right theres alot of BS that would be a waste of time bringing over. One of the things ive been enjoying about SP is the fact that we have all been pretty good about keeping info threads info based. Shit talk cas been kept to one place for the most part. and we havnt had any real thread highjackings. To me thats right there is alot of individule effort on the entire memberships part. I think we all deserve to keep it that way. But yeah i would definitlye go and get some of peoples hard & quality work back from the L&L digital grave yard. I would offer to do it. But im lucky i can check my e-mail most days. So not tech savy ova here
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42:55 AM »

Funniest comment of the thread award goes to Kentactic, well done sir.