Author Topic: H.R. 1 - For The People Act of 2021  (Read 233 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
H.R. 1 - For The People Act of 2021
« on: January 24, 2021, 07:57:18 AM »
H.R. 1 - For The People Act of 2021

The US Houses first bill of the new 117th Congress, Session 1, H.R. 1 - For The People Act Of 2021.

In short, this bill opens all the floodgates for future national elections. It banns voter identification, eliminating restrictions on ballot harvesting, national bail-in balloting, requiring only the last four digits of your social security number to register to vote, and many more fun items.

Here is a govtrack overview and a great writeup by Patriot.win.

The Democrats and many RINOS want to remove any possibility of another party taking control ever again. Remember, the government is not for the people it is for the elites only.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: H.R. 1 - For The People Act of 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:24:28 PM »
 :facepalm:
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline TheGrayMan

• Combat Veteran, RN
  • Prepper Apprentice
  • "Stay out of Sarajevo."
    • Dissident American
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 02:21:36 AM »
Good. I support the passage of this bill. The worse things get, the better. Let it all burn to ash. I hope the next election is won by a Democrat and that they receive some absurd number of votes. Like comically absurd, like when Saddam was getting 100% of the vote in Iraqi elections when he was in power. I hope in 2024, Biden or Harris runs and gets 300 million votes. I want to see things get as stupid as possible.
-TGM

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 08:45:17 AM »
I don't think this is going anywhere.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-filibuster-staying-in-the-senate

Mitch McConnell
Published 8 hours ago
McConnell relents in Senate filibuster fight, here's why
Why 'budget reconciliation' is the Democrats’ next parliamentary gambit
By Chad Pergram | Fox News

Pay close attention to the language of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., tonight.

He’s relenting on his demand that Democrats promise they won’t ditch the filibuster in a power-sharing agreement in a 50-50 Senate. McConnell’s willing to deal now – because he knows Democrats – and Republicans, for that matter – lack the votes to eliminate the filibuster.

So, McConnell is ready to deal.

We knew last week it was unlikely that there were ever the votes to get rid of the filibuster. But failing to eliminate the filibuster simply presents Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) with a problem. The left-wing of the Democrat Party will come for Schumer when the Senate fails to pass big-ticket items important to progressives, ranging from climate change to DC statehood. Schumer could only do that by extinguishing the filibuster. But he lacks the votes to do so.

In other words, Schumer has the responsibility, but none of the power.

The converse is true for McConnell: he has the power in a 50-50 Senate, but none of the responsibility. Without question, McConnell may emerge as the most powerful Minority Leader in Senate history.

Now, I’m going to give you a vocabulary term: "Budget Reconciliation." You’re going to hear a lot about that over the next couple of weeks. Schumer and liberals may not be able to advance much of their legislative agenda due to filibusters. But, they still have one annual option to advance certain legislation with fiscal impacts: It’s called "Budget Reconciliation." This is the same gambit Democrats used in 2010 to pass the final version of Obamacare when they lacked the votes to overcome a filibuster. Republicans also used the same tactic to repeal and replace Obamacare – but could never come up with enough votes.

And, it has been said in recent days that Democrats are increasingly looking to budget reconciliation to potentially pass the next COVID package.

Here's how it works:

Budget reconciliation essentially robs the Senate of its two major features: unlimited debate and an unlimited amendment process. In other words, no filibuster. But, budget reconciliation can only be used on fiscal measures, such as tax policy. Obamacare qualified because it dealt with all sorts of taxation issues. Guns? Doubtful. Immigration? That’s pushing it, although there could be tax and budget issues for new citizens. Statehood for DC? Maybe an outside chance because you are dealing with taxation and representation issues for 700,000 Americans. But that could be a stretch.

.   .   .

Continued-- important stuff too
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:48:29 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »
Good. I support the passage of this bill. The worse things get, the better. Let it all burn to ash. I hope the next election is won by a Democrat and that they receive some absurd number of votes. Like comically absurd, like when Saddam was getting 100% of the vote in Iraqi elections when he was in power. I hope in 2024, Biden or Harris runs and gets 300 million votes. I want to see things get as stupid as possible.

Just like druggies, they need to hit rock bottom before THEY decide to clean up their act
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c