Author Topic: Good reason Santorum stands a chance.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
Good reason Santorum stands a chance.
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »
http://drudgereport.com/flash3s.htm

"Satan has his sights on the United States of America!" Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum has declared.

"Satan is attacking the great institutions of America, using those great vices of pride, vanity, and sensuality as the root to attack all of the strong plants that has so deeply rooted in the American tradition."

MORE

The former senator from Pennsylvania warned in 2008 how politics and government are falling to Satan.

"This is a spiritual war. And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country - the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age?"

"He attacks all of us and he attacks all of our institutions."

Santorum made the provocative comments to students at Ave Maria University in Florida.

MORE

The White House contender described how Satan is even taking hold of some religions.

"We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."

Now, it could all be religious rhetoric, but it's actually nice to see a candidate address the "pride, vanity, and sensuality" as he did. As well as the fact that Satan isn't some imaginary creator the Catholics came up with to scare children. It sure as heck isn't a popular stance in todays world, but it's one I can respect. Not saying he's getting my vote. Nor am I saying he's some holy man, but comments like this will strike a strong chord with Christians across this nation as it's echoing what many are saying in church or hearing from their favorite televangelist.
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
Re: Good reason Santorum stands a chance.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »
Has he ever heard of the separation of church and state?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:43:47 PM by sledge »
sic luceat lux

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
has anyone ever thought that maybe Jesus is satan working one of his ultimate tricks?

Man, could you imagine the troll face he'd have on to all the " Jesus " worshipers when they got to hell for praising him?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »
has anyone ever thought that maybe Jesus is satan working one of his ultimate tricks?

Man, could you imagine the troll face he'd have on to all the " Jesus " worshipers when they got to hell for praising him?

Not a possibility.  All you have to do is examine his words and deeds.  Evil is absent.

No child molestation or murder like you can find in the deeds of another founder of a popular religion which I'll leave unnamed so as to not start another discussion.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:04 PM »

Oh, you mean that little thing that Jefferson wrote in a letter.  That thing that never actually showed up in the Constitution or any other founding document.

I'm sure he's heard of it.  People espouse it like it was written on a stone tablet somewhere. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »
I'm just sayin bro.

Satan is a tricky bro isn't he...she....it.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
I think it kind of funny how people that LOVE Santorum for wanting to bring his religion into government, are the same same people that HATE Iran for having a government based on the Islamic religion.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:50 PM »
I think it kind of funny how people that LOVE Santorum for wanting to bring his religion into government, are the same same people that HATE Iran for having a government based on the Islamic religion.

LOL!  I don't love Santorum  nor support him.  I will support him over Obummer if he winds up with the nomination.  Just don't ask if I trust him.  He's got that weeny look about him.  I don't trust people with that weeny look when the going gets tough.  You usually find them hiding in a corner in a prenatal position.

Edit:  I don't believe in bringing religion to Government in the form where the Government picks an official religion.
I do believe in freedom of religion or no religion.  I don't believe in freedom from religion. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:03:07 PM by sledge »

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
In all do respect have you heard of it? Not to start a debate, but try walking a mile in mine or another Christians shoes around here and you'll change that tune real quick. State needs to butt the phuck out of our religion. We left England over this sort of shit in the first place.
Andrew Jackson

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
Sledge Wrote:
Edit:  I don't believe in bringing religion to Government in the form where the Government picks an official religion. I do believe in freedom of religion or no religion.  I don't believe in freedom from religion.

My sediments exactly Sledge.

Some of you may remember back to this summer when I threw my support to Santorum. Barry's posse doesn't know how to deal with him - "They" are scared.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »
I'm just sayin bro.

Satan is a tricky bro isn't he...she....it.

Proof's in the pudding my friend like Sledge said. Jesus was challenged by the Pharisees over this matter when he cast out demons. Read here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version=NIV Though I do agree. Satan is very tricky. So tricky you wouldn't even know you were being tricked unless you have something to prove otherwise. That's why we're told to challenge the spirits. 
Andrew Jackson

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
In all do respect have you heard of it? Not to start a debate, but try walking a mile in mine or another Christians shoes around here and you'll change that tune real quick. State needs to butt the phuck out of our religion. We left England over this sort of shit in the first place.
Not to start a debate, but the government is not in your religion or anyone else's. FFS, the government has a hard enough time doing regular business, much less phucking around with a bunch of christian martyrs. That last nail is a real bitch to pound in yourself.

Oh and Santorum, do we really need a religious zealot in charge of this nation? No thanks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:04:32 PM by crudos »

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »

Yeah, the ignorant base the media covers...... Christians-Jews-Muslims=One messed up family, but family none the less. I'll publicly say I don't hate Iran. In fact I see a people who've fallen in to a trap of hate and corruption in which their leaders continue to drag them in to. Who does that remind me of  :-\ Hmmm.. [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at duh, us.
Andrew Jackson

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
Not to start a debate, but the government is not in your religion or anyone else's. FFS, the government has a hard enough time doing regular business, much less phucking around with a bunch of christian martyrs. That last nail is a real bitch to pound in yourself.

Oh and Santorum, do we really need a religious zealot in charge of this nation? No thanks.
Well damn it Crudos if you don't want to start a debate don't tease me like this!
Andrew Jackson

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

Edit:  I don't believe in bringing religion to Government in the form where the Government picks an official religion.
I do believe in freedom of religion or no religion.  I don't believe in freedom from religion.

My feelings exactly. People have a right to decide. Meaning it has to be an available option. I look to some of our original founding father on this matter. The Pilgrims. They did a damn fine job leaving England and dedicating their new found home to God. (The Hebrew God of the Bible for clarification.)
Andrew Jackson

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
Well damn it Crudos if you don't want to start a debate don't tease me like this!
Just offering my view of Mr. Santorum. I detest very few people in this world, and he is nearing the top of it as time goes by and he keeps opening his big yap. Face it, the GOP has totally lost the plot with the four rubes currently on display.

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »
Just offering my view of Mr. Santorum. I detest very few people in this world, and he is nearing the top of it as time goes by and he keeps opening his big yap. Face it, the GOP has totally lost the plot with the four rubes currently on display.
No, I see what you're saying with the GOP man. My wife was asking me today if I thought I'd vote for him and I told her it was highly unlikely. Keep in mind though, that's me, and I'm.....different. Other Christians? Hook, line, and sinker bud. And to me that's dangerous. I learned my lesson in 1 Samuel. My "debate" issue, and I can see where you're coming from to an extent, is about the Christian "martyr" comment. All I can really say is few people here have walked in my shoes or come close to dedicating as much time to the word and God.

You have to keep in mind we are all preppers here. And though I don't allow my fear to dominate my prepping, I see a christians "holocaust" of sorts being more likely than another Jewish one. Like I've said before, it's all about perspective. A large number of Americans, even so called "christians," are becoming increasingly hostile towards scriptural truth and are much more open to human secularism than ever before. I've been called a Nazi more than a few times just for defending pro-life views or creationism. Not to mention a number of other colorful names and threats.

As far as the "religious zealot," well it'd be better than the two faced muslim/christian we have in office now right lol? *Sigh* Either way I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference with the direction we've taken over the past 12 years. Let alone the past 235 years. Despite the best of intentions many men will still call another one evil. It's like Andrew Jackson. Hero or Villian? Savior or murderer? At the end of the day I'd rather see more religion in this nation than government.   
Andrew Jackson

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »

Why do you detest him?  Detest is a little too strong a word to describe my feelings about him.  I just see him as kind of a pansy guy.  He has moved his political positions much like Romney.  They were both elected to previous office in Democrat leaning states so they marketed themselves as having different views in the past.  I don't like that. 

I'm with you on wishing he'd close his big yap.  Honestly, if he keeps talking I don't think he can beat Obummer.  Partly because of what he says and partly because it reinforces the "I'm a pansy" image he's been developing.

I hate to say it guys.  But I've been having a growing fear in my gut that says Obummer might get another term.  I mean, Romney isn't much different than Obama.  Santorum just looks weak.  Gingrich is a ball buster but independents aren't going to go for him.  And Paul is at 7%.  Where does that leave us?  It kinda looks like were up shit creek to me.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 12:40:49 AM »
Yep, embrace the SUCK, embrace the HORROR!  Obama will be getting a second term.  You may as well start to prepare yourselves for that.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 01:44:48 AM »
Santorum is about as Christian as Reaver.
Seriously, no one who runs for president is a "good christian" not Santorum, not Paul, not anyone.

Plus i have a sneaking suspicion that Santorum is as queer as a $3 bill.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 08:14:55 AM »
Santorum is about as Christian as Reaver.
Seriously, no one who runs for president is a "good christian" not Santorum, not Paul, not anyone.

Plus i have a sneaking suspicion that Santorum is as queer as a $3 bill.

Yeah, there is just something about Santorum I don't like either gents...

But you know whats scary? My wife's first thought and sentence after seeing the candidates was this.

Santorum " He looks like a weirdo, & I really don't care about his pitty party grandfather bullshit. What can he do for my country? "

Romney " Wow, why is it that when he laughed the first thing I saw was a huge plum of flames behind him and horns come out of his head? "

Paul " He's really OLD!!!! but at least he's not a douche bag. "

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »
Why do you detest him?  Detest is a little too strong a word to describe my feelings about him.  I just see him as kind of a pansy guy.  He has moved his political positions much like Romney.  They were both elected to previous office in Democrat leaning states so they marketed themselves as having different views in the past.  I don't like that.
Been really annoyed by his latest spewings as he tries to please the extreme right dominionists. As a non-Christian, people like him scare the crap out of me. Detest is what works right now for me.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
Second term of Barry = More government, hobbling of the 2A, Fascism, higher fuel prices, higher food prices, etc.

If Romney, Gingrich, Paul or Santorum is the GOP nominee, I am going to vote for them. I am going to do my part trying to keep Barry out of the White House.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »
Second term of Barry = More government, hobbling of the 2A, Fascism, higher fuel prices, higher food prices, etc.

If Romney, Gingrich, Paul or Santorum is the GOP nominee, I am going to vote for them. I am going to do my part trying to keep Barry out of the White House.

I'm sticking to my guns GOP winner or not.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
Been really annoyed by his latest spewings as he tries to please the extreme right dominionists. As a non-Christian, people like him scare the crap out of me. Detest is what works right now for me.

I wouldn't worry about your religious rights to believe or not believe being violated.   Even if the government tried, it would never fly.  The two things the government will never be able to enforce against and survive is religious freedom and gun confiscation. 

If they tried to outlaw being an atheist, Christians, Jews, Muslims and everyone else would be in the streets looking for a fight.  If they ever tried to confiscate guns there would be blood everywhere until they ran out of people brave enough to even attempt enforcing it.

Either of those two things would bring the government down as unconstitutional.