Author Topic: GOA's Larry Pratt DESTROYS CNN's Piers Morgan on CT Shooting  (Read 862 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
GOA's Larry Pratt DESTROYS CNN's Piers Morgan on CT Shooting
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:02:47 AM »
!

Chuckle.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
Re: GOA's Larry Pratt DESTROYS CNN's Piers Morgan on CT Shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
Nothing makes me happier than watching an intelligent, composed man such as Mr. Pratt articulate a compelling argument while the opposition flails and resorts to name calling- it's like the presidential debates all over again but hopefully with a better outcome!  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Thanks for sharing that Reaver, today is off to a good start despite the impending doom and what not!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Larry Pratt did as good a job as Ted Nudent. The best way to get Piers Morgan riled up is to ask him, "Is dynamite for sale at the corner market in Belfast?" History burns.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:32:37 PM »
I've never liked the idea of foreigners telling Americans what rights they should or shouldn't have.

But the anti gun crowd isn't as ignorant as we paint them to be. There are stupids on each side. I haven't seen a good arguement for guns concerning our high gun violence rate. Most pro gun owners avoid the question in a debate. If we banned all guns, gun deaths and violence would decline. Atleast in the long run.

But I believe the high number of gun deaths is the price tag on freedom. 'Freedom isn't free' you often hear. And this is what it means.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
I've never liked the idea of foreigners telling Americans what rights they should or shouldn't have.

But the anti gun crowd isn't as ignorant as we paint them to be. There are stupids on each side. I haven't seen a good arguement for guns concerning our high gun violence rate. Most pro gun owners avoid the question in a debate. If we banned all guns, gun deaths and violence would decline. Atleast in the long run.

But I believe the high number of gun deaths is the price tag on freedom. 'Freedom isn't free' you often hear. And this is what it means.

what are you talking about? Did you watch the video?

The high death rate comes from place where tighter laws are in place. The good argument is in the facts that the more guns are present the less fucking retarded people are.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
The problem as I see it is that you cannot compare our situation in America to that of places like Britain, it's like comparing apples to oranges.  Classically European countries already had established rulers and standing armies when guns were invented and as the technology progressed, so it has never been common place for the citizens to be armed beyond hunting rifles and shotguns.  In those places, violent people brutally harm others, but with whatever the common weapons are for that country, knives, bombs, steal-toed boots- it's no different, we just have better gear! 

Now look at our history.  Americans are the bastard sons of the royal crown that committed treason by arming ourselves with guns to establish our freedom and our culture under a separate system of values, and it wasn't until the expansion west that we distinguished between civilians and military on our soil.  Even then, common folks were conquering new territory with their own personal armaments.  In fact, why is it that so many of the regions conquered by the English are experiencing civil unrest and violent uprisings?  Canada is one of the few countries linked to the crown without gun-toting militias and terrorist sects, and I'm pretty sure that's because we're here securing the entire southern border with our guns so they can ski and have socialized healthcare.  I blame bad parenting on the part of the British crown... 

It wasn't until WWI and WWII that our country truly put forth resources and massive effort to maintain a "standing army".  Because America was raised from it's infancy with armed militias clearing the path, guns are so entrenched in our society, and yes readily available, that this illusion of laws disarming citizens and our nation suddenly becoming a peaceful utopia, is a nothing more than a pipe dream.  Much like Marxism, a weapon free world is a beautiful concept, but in practice will never work.

I would suggest that guns are in fact a part of our nations identity, have allowed us to maintain the level of freedom and success that we've enjoyed, and that we are not the "bad seed" compared to our sister countries on this planet that freely distribute assault weapons.  I think we're doing pretty fuckin' good and strongly suggest that Mr. Morgan blow it out his arse!

[url=http://www.freesmileys.or [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:34:14 PM by thatGirl »
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »
@Grudgie
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »
Real mature Special-K.

It's true Thatgirl, an outright ban and turn of guns wouldn't give us European level gun homocides. Atleast in the short term. The point I am getting at is that if there were less guns in America there would be less gun deaths. That is the only point I am asking anyone to agree with.

And when you can understand that, then you can start to think about HOW to disarm America. Why not grandfather guns out? Make it to where no new guns can be imported or manufactured inside America. People can still keep, buy, and sell their guns. The people who want to defend themselves can. And in a few generations when all the ammunition is shot up and all the guns are rusted out, we will have successfully implemented a European-ish gun free country.

Ofcourse I don't advocate this plan. I personally believe the 12 thousand a year deaths in America is a price I am willing to pay to have firearms, and more importantly freedom in this country.

I'm just trying to bring a little open mindedness to our little right winged community.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:40:50 PM by Grudgie »

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
Hey, that's uncalled for.  None of us know anything about Grudgie's level of promiscuity  ???

Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 04:25:57 PM »
Lol he sure showed that limey fog-breathing nancy boy what for.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »
I'm teasing, Grudgie, but before everyone pounces on you like a wounded water buffalo in Sub-Saharan Africa, let's clarify a point.   

Not to be a language nazi, but I don't think anyone is willing to pay a price in human life for guns or freedom, some folks are just compelled to defend against threats to civil liberties at any price.  The point is that being denied the ability to defend your life, or being enslaved, is not living- live free or die, not much of a choice.  I'm not saying to go man your fort and start firing, I'm trying to emphasize that it is not so much a conscious decision as it is more a reality that could be forced on us. 

The innocent people that have been dying from gun violence on American soil are not casualties of us securing our right to bare arms nor secure our freedom, they are casualties of us not taking appropriate measures to protect ourselves, or those that depend on us.  As Pratt said, we are constrained in our abilities to protect ourselves by laws that take away our most basic rights.  Until we as a nation diagnose the mechanism of the problem and quit getting hung up on the symptoms, there will be no treatment, just more placebos and bad PR.

I appreciate you wanting a more open-minded discussion.  I would like to point out that the conservative leanings of this group probably range across a larger swath of the political spectrum than one might think, I use myself as a good example.  My gun has sap on it from all the trees I hug, our Gadsden flag is tie-dyed, and that's not oregano in my bug-out bag :))  [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m     

If your not a right-winger than we'll all have a humdinger!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:59:14 PM by thatGirl »
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
Grudgie. What shred of little respect I still had for you is gone with the wind....I kind of just want to head butt you in the face.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »
Perce Morgan is an ass..

Hey Grudgie, firearms are not now nor have they ever been the problem. People kill the fuck out of each other everyday everywhere with what ever they have at hand. If it wasn't firearms it would be ball bats and iron bars, believe that.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
I kind of just want to head butt you in the face.
Reaver, that's just sick! 
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »
I'm teasing, Grudgie, but before everyone pounces on you like a wounded water buffalo in Sub-Saharan Africa, let's clarify a point.   

Not to be a language nazi, but I don't think anyone is willing to pay a price in human life for guns or freedom, some folks are just compelled to defend against threats to civil liberties at any price.  The point is that being denied the ability to defend your life, or being enslaved, is not living- live free or die, not much of a choice.  I'm not saying to go man your fort and start firing, I'm trying to emphasize that it is not so much a conscious decision as it is more a reality that could be forced on us. 

The innocent people that have been dying from gun violence on American soil are not casualties of us securing our right to bare arms nor secure our freedom, they are casualties of us not taking appropriate measures to protect ourselves, or those that depend on us.  As Pratt said, we are constrained in our abilities to protect ourselves by laws that take away our most basic rights.  Until we as a nation diagnose the mechanism of the problem and quit getting hung up on the symptoms, there will be no treatment, just more placebos and bad PR.

I appreciate you wanting a more open-minded discussion.  I would like to point out that the conservative leanings of this group probably range across a larger swath of the political spectrum than one might think, I use myself as a good example.  My gun has sap on it from all the trees I hug, our Gadsden flag is tie-dyed, and that's not oregano in my bug-out bag     

If your not a right-winger than we'll all have a humdinger!

Tie-dyed Gadsden flag. That's great.

I don't think the problem with gun violence can be blamed solely on laws that restrict or disallow the use of guns. Although many of them can.

Total gun related deaths in the UK in 2010 is 138. That is Homocide, Suicide, accidental, and undertermined deaths.

America in 2006 had 642 gun related deaths from accidental causes alone. 789 in 2007. That is ofcourse excluding homocides and suicides which push the numbers to 30,000+, or the population of a medium sized town.

In otherwords, if all you say is true and every armed person detered every single gun related homocide to zero, our accidental gun related deaths alone would STILL outweigh all gun related deaths from those of European countries by far.

I just ask that we don't call pro gun control folks ignorant. There are two sides of a coin and I ask we look at them both.

Grudgie. What shred of little respect I still had for you is gone with the wind....I kind of just want to head butt you in the face.

Cool story bro  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co. Instead of working with a problem and trying to to peacefully resolve an issue, you choose to violently headbut it full on. Classic.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:54:11 PM by thatGuy »

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 12:26:37 AM »
Tie-dyed Gadsden flag. That's great.

I don't think the problem with gun violence can be blamed solely on laws that restrict or disallow the use of guns. Although many of them can.

Total gun related deaths in the UK in 2010 is 138. That is Homocide, Suicide, accidental, and undertermined deaths.

America in 2006 had 642 gun related deaths from accidental causes alone. 789 in 2007. That is ofcourse excluding homocides and suicides which push the numbers to 30,000+, or the population of a medium sized town.

In otherwords, if all you say is true and every armed person detered every single gun related homocide to zero, our accidental gun related deaths alone would STILL outweigh all gun related deaths from those of European countries by far.

I just ask that we don't call pro gun control folks ignorant. There are two sides of a coin and I ask we look at them both.

I'm not saying zero gun deaths...

Accidental gun deaths won't decrease with more folks owning guns, but homicides will.  We need to provide gun education to everyone and emphasize responsible gun handling and ownership to reduce the number of negligent discharge fatalities, but you're right Grudgie, we won't completely eradicate gun violence regardless of whether we ban all guns or arm everyone, as supported by your UK gun death statistics.

I do believe that if more people were armed and trained appropriately, there'd be a lot less violent crime, and a lot more folks acting right.  I would also like to see the law of natural selection being obeyed more often, which is what I suspect most negligent discharge deaths could be attributed to in an educated, gun-carrying society.  I also have no problem with criminals offing other criminals, 30 cents for a bullet compared to $39,000 per inmate per year in NM- that's sound economics.

I understand what you're saying though, and I commend you for wanting to respect both sides of the issue, however I've grown up in a town where I'm the minority and every hoodrat carries a piece, regardless of the laws, so I'm gonna do the same cause I don't appreciate being victimized.  If other folks want to live in a country where only the criminals are armed, I'll send em a list of countries to pick from... 

As for you Reaver, I'm sending you a kite for Christmas you brute, try not to break it! :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:25:40 PM by thatGirl »
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »
without the advent of nations, there would be no large scale war. without the advent of knives, there would be no stabbings. etc. you see where this is going. to "ween" society off of guns is a deeply flawed argument for obvious reasons.

like any other tool, a gun can be used for evil. why not "ween" society away from hammers? sure, they serve a legitimate purpose... driving nails, tapping chisels... but they're also damn fine skull bashers......
ILLEGAL!

Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 02:13:20 AM »

I dont even see this quote origonally posted by grudgie but ill take Tgirls word for it.

I understand what your saying that even if we had a perfect success in our version and no one died by gun violence, then wed still have ND's kill more people then guns as a whole killed people in europe. But the problem with thsat angle is.. all it does is break down gun related deaths. Thats a bias to create data in the favor of gun control.

The violent crime in America is less then that in European countries when you exclude places with europeans laws in affect. Why is that? weve got X number of Negligent discharge related injuries but theyve got XX number of knife violence. Intentional deaths will always outweigh accidental deaths when were talking about violence.

You cant slice the picture into little categories and start banning anything thats greater then its comparison accross the water. If that works we must ban all crepes in europe because im sure they have more crepe related choking deaths then us. You have to look at the bigger picture. TOTAL violent crime, America VS Europe. They lose every time.

Guns will always save more lives then they will take when they are in civilians hands. Guns are always in the green when talking about violence.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:15:03 AM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
But the problem with thsat angle is.. all it does is break down gun related deaths. Thats a bias to create data in the favor of gun control.

bingo. you could make the exact same argument with any potentially dangerous tool. apparently there's a big problem in some of the midwestern states where big agra is prominent. farmers tend to get decapitated by their harvesting equipment. granted, large cultivation machines aren't designed to lob projectiles thousands of feet per second, so their intended purpose is more "innocent" than guns, but if we're talking strictly in terms of the loss of human life regardless of intent (I.E. accidental), i guarantee there's some Nancy out there that can make a hell of a strong case against big agra for killing all those poor defenseless farmhands.

everything must be put into perspective. failing to see the whole picture and allowing yourself to be manipulated by carefully crafted statistics and data points is no excuse. people die in all sorts of gratuitous ways every day. i don't even want to know how many construction workers breath their final breath while plummeting to the ground from a tall ledge.

actually, IMHO, the whole "accidental death" argument against guns is an even weaker argument than the "guns are evil" argument, simply because of what I've just pointed out.

what it all boils down to is this: you can't protect people from all evils and dangers, and you especially can't protect people from their own negligence and/or stupidity. any attempt to do so only results in an all-out police state. imagine how low the overall crime rate would be if we just stuck a cop on every doorstep, every street corner, every parking lot... etc. ...

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
I dont even see this quote origonally posted by grudgie but ill take Tgirls word for it.

Thanks for the faith Ken!  I am a woman of my word, granted that word's usually offensive.  I modified my post to include more of the quote from Grudgie.  I tend chop quotes down, but it's probably easier on folks if I included more than bits and pieces. 

Great posts Ken and Nola! [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

So just to be sure, we're keeping guns and banning hammers, crepes, and farming equipment, right?  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:05:57 PM by thatGirl »
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14:55 AM »
fucking crepes... never did anything good for anybody.... except for being FUCKING DELICIOUS

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
I love it when the Brits talk about disarmament. I mean for that group of silly Nanny's to, after their long and storied history of failed disarmament's to still be beating that drum. Well that's just some hard core dedication.
I mean disarming the Scotts: Didn't work!
Disarming the Irish: Didn't work!
Disarming the the people of India: Didn't work!
Disarming the Colonies: Really Didn't work!
Disarming the Falklands: Didn't work!
Disarming their own country: Didn't work!

And yet there they are still beating that damn drum like they don't have several hundred years of epic fail to say they are wrong. Now that's dedication to the cause people.
Opinions are like assholes, And mister Morgans is bigger and shittier than everyone else's.
I will continue to be a responsible gun owner and i will not get into arguments with stupid people. They tend to drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If folks don't want guns. If they want to put all their faith in Gov. Then if and when it all falls apart, if they look to me Ill simply tell them "Don't worry Barry is coming to feed your children and protect you from those gangs. Just go wait at the fema camp and everything will be great for you."
I know that the world we live in is complicated and diverse. But people have been hurting each other since one monkey slapped another out of the tree. Why do we debate a millions of years old problem as if it were some kind of new development? People like Piers are the worst kind of dangerous. The kind that believes hard. The kind that can decry the violence while finding a reason to march dissenters off to the pit, and then sleep soundly knowing that theirs, is the only way. Just keep prepping folks. Stay frosty, watch the signs, and find whatever enjoyment that life has to offer. The time may come when we all have to endure terrible hardships. I have no illusions that I'm the best one to endure those tribulations. I simply try to have a slight edge in the early stages by prepping, and hoping that i have the intestinal fortitude to get my family and those i love through it.

Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03:55 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/03/22/Piers-Morgan-Erin-Burnett-Crash%20CNN-Primetime-Raings

Piers Morgan's ratings are falling dead last after months of ranting for more gun control. Another poll that really matters. [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Also Erin Burnett might be moved to a morning spot position.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".