Author Topic: Gay marriage re-Legalized in CA  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
Re: Gay marriage re-Legalized in CA
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »
I'm not pretending I am better than anybody else. Everybody sins.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
Guys, just try not to mix children and animals in here.

Marriage is something two consenting adults decide, bestiality and child abuse are not consensual, are a crime and a total different topic.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."*

*Certain restrictions may apply. Not valid in all states. Document may be discontinued or subject to revision without prior notice or reason.

Where does it say that the government is required to endorse your choices?
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 10:56:48 AM »
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."*

*Certain restrictions may apply. Not valid in all states. Document may be discontinued or subject to revision without prior notice or reason.

Where does it say that the government is required to endorse your choices?
Where does it say that the government is required to limit your choices?

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 11:01:18 AM »
Children brought up in a same sex home will not be raised correctly. Flat out fact as far as im concerned. I just cant sit and allow my tax dollars to support this type of lifestyle that i know is further damaging America. I pay the government and im telling them they cant say its ok to be gay AND act upon it. If a gay couple wants to go stand infront of their family and friends in a church and vow to be together forever, fine by me. I just dont support it so id prefer my tax dollars dont either. I dont expect the government to say that me shooting animals for food is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just because your free dosent mean the government has to acknowledge it openly and say its awesome for your rights to not be violated. Some rights are best not yelled from the rooftops.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »
Children brought up in a same sex home will not be raised correctly. Flat out fact as far as im concerned. I just cant sit and allow my tax dollars to support this type of lifestyle that i know is further damaging America. I pay the government and im telling them they cant say its ok to be gay AND act upon it. If a gay couple wants to go stand infront of their family and friends in a church and vow to be together forever, fine by me. I just dont support it so id prefer my tax dollars dont either. I dont expect the government to say that me shooting animals for food is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just because your free dosent mean the government has to acknowledge it openly and say its awesome for your rights to not be violated. Some rights are best not yelled from the rooftops.
Good thing your not gay, because I bet you'd be in a real moral and spiritual quandary based on your beliefs right about now.  :bravo:

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »
Crudos, im not the most religous person. But the bible dosent say that being born gay makes you a sinner. The bible says that ACTING ON IT is a sin. Some people get cancer, some are born with physical mutations. We all have our challenges in life. As a gay person theirs would be reframing from acting on gay urges.

As far as your thinking on governments role. They better buy me a new AR or they are limiting my choices. I choose to shoot an AR. I dont have one. They need to buy me one ASAP.

Show me where it says in the constitution that the government must give its full support in writing to every choice you make.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:25:10 AM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
Crudos, im not the most religous person. But the bible dosent say that being born gay makes you a sinner. The bible says that ACTING ON IT is a sin. Some people get cancer, some are born with physical mutations. We all have our challenges in life. As a gay person theirs would be reframing from acting on gay urges.

As far as your thinking on governments role. They better buy me a new AR or they are limiting my choices. I choose to shoot an AR. I dont have one. They need to buy me one ASAP.
As a non-christian, the bible and related mythology makes not one bit of difference in how I try to live a moral and upstanding life. Nor does it guide how I should view other people no matter their faith, or lack of it. If you want to get into some discussion about gay people as mutants (or whatever your trying to say), then that's another thread. I know more than a couple gay folks, and they certainly don't have any cool X-man-type powers.

Since I never got my Obama phone, hoping I'll be getting a nice commie-built AK instead.

Back on topic, as a libertarian, the right of gay people to be legally married is nothing but a win for freedom and liberty, god and the bible be damned.

:fuckYeah:

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
Now if only zoophiles and polygamists can get their rights too. (Serious)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »
 Heres another angle since were on a rights kick. A gay couple goes to a church to be married. That church says no they wont marry them because its against their religion. Now the government has recognized gay marriage as a constitutional right. This gay couple then sues for discrimination. Its not far fetched BTW. Its already happened in many cases. At best the church will lose its non profit status. The government should not be legally binding people to break the law or break their beliefs.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 11:52:40 AM »
Crudos i cant quote on my phone if its too long because i cant scroll down. But i see youve abandoned debate and went straight to making smart remarks. So im done being it became me arguing with a standup comedian.

BTW its obviously a mutation for a person to not be able to have children naturally. No different then a straight man/woman who is infertile. Different cause same result.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
Heres another angle since were on a rights kick. A gay couple goes to a church to be married. That church says no they wont marry them because its against their religion. Now the government has recognized gay marriage as a constitutional right. This gay couple then sues for discrimination. Its not far fetched BTW. Its already happened in many cases. At best the church will lose its non profit status. The government should not be legally binding people to break the law or break their beliefs.

Marriage is a legal contract, church marriage is another thing, that's why you have married people from different religions.
Government can't do shit to force the church to religiously marry a couple because of freedom of cult.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
Welcome to a "Free" America APX. The cases are already out there. If you say i wont provide a service to you because your gay and its against my religion then kiss that nonprofit status goodbye.  There was a catholic adoption agency who refused to adopt kids to gays. The government said they cant refuse people for being gay. They just had to close down.

The churches are under attack and im becoming more religous every day i see it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:20:08 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »
Crudos i cant quote on my phone if its too long because i cant scroll down. But i see youve abandoned debate and went straight to making smart remarks. So im done being it became me arguing with a standup comedian.

BTW its obviously a mutation for a person to not be able to have children naturally. No different then a straight man/woman who is infertile. Different cause same result.
Smart remarks? Why thanks and yes. I will respond to in the manner which I see fit, and I find your statements regarding gay marriage and gay people in general to be ridiculous. What is the point of debating something when one side is so entrenched in dogma that further commentary produces no real substance or understanding? Compassion and understanding is something your Jesus Christ had alot to say about, too bad that has fallen by the wayside since his passing.

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »
I wonder if our founding fathers argued about such a foolish pursuits? If those supporting this don't realize this an agenda meant to polarize us then you are fools. Nothing more. This may not be for all, but it is for me a dividing factor. I am not the one holding my hand up though. We all choose our sides and our separation. What's the old sang? The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Try to understand, it's not the man or woman, it's their pride for their sins. My line is drawn, and you don't cross it without the truth.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Its saddening to see people spit on the thing that gives them so much opportunity and shaped who they are today. I havent believed in god most of my life. But i still had morals. These morals didnt fly out of my athiest ass. The country as a whole still was reaping the benefits of religion based morals. How does a man see whats right and wrong without a guidline? If you say its common sense then its because you had those guidlines infront of you as you were raised wether you knew it or not. Today those moral guidlines through religion are dissapearing. Thats why our youth are such punks these days. Believe me 1 year ago id think someone hacked my account if i read this. But its kind of obvious when you look for it. Without a good religous base a country cant be great. Having that base isnt a guarantee of a free and happy land. But its a requirement to acheive one.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »
Its saddening to see people spit on the thing that gives them so much opportunity and shaped who they are today. I havent believed in god most of my life. But i still had morals. These morals didnt fly out of my athiest ass. The country as a whole still was reaping the benefits of religion based morals. How does a man see whats right and wrong without a guidline? If you say its common sense then its because you had those guidlines infront of you as you were raised wether you knew it or not. Today those moral guidlines through religion are dissapearing. Thats why our youth are such punks these days. Believe me 1 year ago id think someone hacked my account if i read this. But its kind of obvious when you look for it. Without a good religous base a country cant be great. Having that base isnt a guarantee of a free and happy land. But its a requirement to acheive one.
Hey Ken, I am pleased as punch you found some solace and guidance in your religion. Doesn't mean everyone in this nation should genuflect at the same altar. Morality shouldn't be tied to any religious dogma, if your doing it right. It's great that some religions take upon to teach morals, but they are not the end-all, be-all authority of what is right and wrong. Prep on Ken!
 :fuckYeah:

Ghost

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »

So by my understanding that makes Saudi Arabia great too? Pre-invasion Afghanistan?

Not a smart remark, just an honest observation.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
Wow!  Do you guys realize that if this thread continues for any longer it will contain more posts than any of the prepping topics?

There's more latent homosexuality brewing here than a GOP convention.  Why don't you boys save your bible thumping, toe tapping, fire and brimstone speeches for all of the impressionable, doe-eyed children at the local Sunday school and put all of that awesome energy toward something positive and useful-- this verbal masturbation is gumming up my interwebs and the webpages keep sticking together ;D  :o
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Frosty, read the very next sentance in my quote. I put it in there specifically to clearify and avoid this.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »

So by my understanding that makes Saudi Arabia great too? Pre-invasion Afghanistan?

:facepalm: And you're comparing Islamic nations to a Judeo-Christian one. If you don't see the issue there don't bother asking me to point it out. I think Terri Schiavo would've stood a better chance at understanding.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »
@ Crudos- Fair enough. Prep on we shall  :fuckYeah: im actually starting over prepping wise to a degree. Not bringin much to wyoming.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:34 PM »
Wow!  Do you guys realize that if this thread continues for any longer it will contain more posts than any of the prepping topics?

There's more latent homosexuality brewing here than a GOP convention.  Why don't you boys save your bible thumping, toe tapping, fire and brimstone speeches for all of the impressionable, doe-eyed children at the local Sunday school and put all of that awesome energy toward something positive and useful-- this verbal masturbation is gumming up my interwebs and the webpages keep sticking together ;D  :o

thatGirl- I appreciate what you're trying to do. You know, getting everyone refocused on prepping topics, but try to understand something here. You'd better starting praying, hoping, or throwing bones in a pan (whatever nonreligious folks do) that this nation regains or finds some moral guidance because if it doesn't you are all fucked. And I don't mean fire and brimstone from Heaven or Hell. I mean your own kind will literally cook you up and consume you. They will tear the clothes from your flesh and your flesh from your bones. This nation is a breeding ground for living breathing walking abominations of man. No religion about it. If you want to steer clear of moral arguments and wait to see what's coming be my guest.

I've been preaching it for years and I will continue to thump, thump, thump until I beat in to peoples stubborn skulls. If we do not fall under truth we will fall by our enemies. If your soul is not prepared all your preparation are dross. I would stake my life on those words.

P.S. My freedom of religion and speech is not confined to a Sunday school. That freedom was what founded this nation. And the lack there of is what brought it down.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »
Wow!  I've been gone for a few days checking on my BOL.  I come back and sign on to get a healthy dose of prepping inspiration and all I find is page after page of this.  I'll check back tomorrow.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Ghost

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »

:facepalm: And you're comparing Islamic nations to a Judeo-Christian one. If you don't see the issue there don't bother asking me to point it out. I think Terri Schiavo would've stood a better chance at understanding.

My point is that the state shouldn't be involved with religion, nor should religion be involved with the state. Nothing but trouble comes out of it.