Author Topic: February 28, 1993: When the Man Comes Around  (Read 519 times)

CrystalHunter1989

February 28, 1993: When the Man Comes Around
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »
On this day 18 years ago, a joint task force combing assets from the FBI, AFT and Texas National Guard assaulted the church at Mt. Carmel in Waco Texas. The gun battle the followed killed 5 Branch Davidians and 4 ATF agents. After exhausting their ammunition, the ATF agents still inside the building were allowed to retreat by the defenders. The feds on the outside surrounded the church and dug in for what would become a 51 day siege.

The results would horrify a nation. The confrontation at Waco was the single largest incident involving American law enforcement. The federal government would never escape controversy for their conduct prior to and during the fiasco, but the majority of Americans believed that the Branch Davidians had brought it upon themselves.

It continues to be one of the most divisive issues in recent history.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: February 28, 1993: When the Man Comes Around
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong here Crystal: The ATF agents that were killed were kiled by friendly fire. It was later revealed that the reason that the BATF&E showed up was because a neighbor heard "machine gun fire" and a UPS driver reported to local police that a box he delivered had "broken open" and he discovered inert grenades.

Bottom-line, there was no factual evidence that the Davidians had done anything wrong.

Last the local Sheriff suggested that the BATF&E agent present the search warrent to the Davidians rather then issue it via an armed raid. The BATF&E declined to do that.

There you go...Your government basically being gangsters.

Thanks Crystal for reminding us all what happened on Feb 28, 1993.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »
I remember watching this unfold on TV as some of the rest of you might.  The tank pumping in tear gas.  The fire starting and then spreading.  Seeing a few people come out.  Wondering why the rest of them weren't coming out of that place as it started to be engulfed in flames.  It was all pretty shocking.

There were some undeniable facts.

Janet Reno was a total bitch and remained so during her entire time in office.

The Branch Davidians hadn't broken any weapons laws.

The Branch Davidians were bat shit crazy mental cases to believe as they did.  Give David Koresh your money, property and wife?  How mentally off do you have to be to get involved in a group like that.

David Koresh turned out to not be Jesus.  How shocking is that?       

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
I don't know Sledge. I think people have gotten progressively crazier over the years. I mean take the Obaminites for example.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at Where does the madness end?
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
I don't know Sledge. I think people have gotten progressively crazier over the years. I mean take the Obaminites for example.  Where does the madness end?

It ends in dictatorship and the downfall of the republic. 

I don't think that people have gotten crazier.  I think it has been indoctrination and subversion in our educational system more than anything else.  That and the practice of being told that this drug, or that drug, can solve whatever problem you've been told that you or your children have.

In today's modern world it's amazing how many of the masses are told or believe that they are suffering from depression.  At the turn of the previous century is was unheard of.  They had more physical labor.  I guess they just worked it off. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »
I forgot to mention that the Voluntary Manslaghter charges were dropped from the dozen or so Davidians that were prosecuted along with weapon charges in the late '90's early '00's. Also, the front door that showed bullet holes entering the building and no exiting the building has disapeared. So we will never know who shot first.

Your government at work.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Colombo

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
I remember that as well, also remember thinking 1st cav? No f-ing way, had to be loaned equipment not the troops, of course as the years went by and I learned more about weaselly clark and his deal with clinton my cynicism just kept growing.