Author Topic: DailyMail - Incredible newly-restored footage of 1953 nuclear tests in Nevada  (Read 310 times)

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline zanedclark

• Prepper
When I was a boy, a pre-teen, the man on the TV said that a nuclear test would be done in Nevada at o-dark thirty.  I asked my Mother if I could watch it.  So she woke me in the night and I sat on the front porch, alone, in the dark, and waited.

Suddenly, from several hundred miles away, the night sky became day.  65 or so years later I can still see it as though it was yesterday.

z

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
WOW Z! Great life experience.  :bravo:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
That is amazing. I can't even imagine what that would look like on the horizon....
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
If anyone ever goes to Vegas, the atomic testing museum, not far from the Hard Rock, is a great place to see some fantastic footage. It is small but there are lots of videos to watch.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
When I was a boy, a pre-teen, the man on the TV said that a nuclear test would be done in Nevada at o-dark thirty.  I asked my Mother if I could watch it.  So she woke me in the night and I sat on the front porch, alone, in the dark, and waited.

Suddenly, from several hundred miles away, the night sky became day.  65 or so years later I can still see it as though it was yesterday.

z

How long did it take to stop glowing?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
If anyone ever goes to Vegas, the atomic testing museum, not far from the Hard Rock, is a great place to see some fantastic footage. It is small but there are lots of videos to watch.

I was out there a couple years ago.  Sure wish I knew about that place.  I would have surely visited it. Definitely on the list for next time.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline zanedclark

• Prepper
nemo,

my entire sky was instant yellow as though a light switch was turned on.  about 3 to 5 seconds later the switch was turned off and nothing.

Z

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
How about you?  Did mom say anything about a glow around you?  Dad?  School teacher?

Nemo

Offline zanedclark

• Prepper
meaning was I radioactive?

I was alone, the family was asleep.  I don't recall any discussion about it. 

z