Author Topic: California Gun Laws  (Read 720 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
California Gun Laws
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:10:01 AM »
Need more restrictions.  Gotta keep people safe.

Nemo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/03/at-least-10-shot-at-san-bernardino-calif-apartment-complex-3-victims-reported-critical.html

CRIME
1 hour ago
At least 10 shot at San Bernardino, Calif., apartment complex; 3 victims reported 'critical'
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

At least 10 people were shot Sunday night at an apartment complex in San Bernardino, Calif. -- with at least three of the victims reportedly in “extremely critical” condition.

Police have set up a large perimeter around the crime scene, according to KTVN-TV in Los Angeles.

#Breaking: Capt Lawhead of #SanBernardino PD says: 10 people shot, 3 critically injured, all still alive. Multiple handguns & rifles fired by unknown suspects who fled scene. Does not appear to be terrorist-related, neighbors say this is gang territory @CBSLA #CBSLA #KCAL9 pic.twitter.com/T8PpzdHOaq
    — Cristy Fajardo (@fajardonews) September 3, 2018

Multiple handguns and rifles were fired by gunmen who fled the scene, according to Capt. Richard Lawhead of the San Bernardino Police Department.

Officers arrived at the location Sunday night to find an "unruly crowd" at a common area in the apartment complex, Lawhead said. It appeared the crowd of people may have been playing a game of dice when the shooting occurred, the Press-Enterprise reported.

"It was a chaotic scene," Lawhead said.

So far no arrests have been made and there was no immediate description given for any suspects. Lawhead said there was gang activity in the area but it was not immediately clear if that was connected to the shooting.

Kathleen Joyce is a breaking/trending news producer for FoxNews.com. You can follow her at @Kathleen_Joyce8 on Twitter.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: California Gun Laws
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
The guy running for Calif. governor position once Mood Beam leaves is advocating for stricter gun control laws. WTF!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:07:48 PM »
The guy running for Calif. governor position once Mood Beam leaves is advocating for stricter gun control laws. WTF!

That's Nancy Pelosi's nephew.

Also fun fact: Alot of radical liberals in California, aren't native Californians. They were sent here from somewhere else.

Pelosi is from Delaware, Barbara Boxer was from N.Y., the state assemblyman that reduced poisoning someone w AIDS from Felony to misdemeanor is from New Jersey, Richard Pan the assemblyman who created mandatory immunization law and Orwellian internet fake news law is from New York. Kamala Harris was born here but left as a toddler and was raised in Quebec. Her rise is interesting because it was very quick, as if she was being groomed and selected for her current position all along.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:04:08 AM »
Interesting info Deathstyle. Thx for sharing it.  :cheers:

I feel bad for the folks who live in California who's opinion (s) is not of the highly populated from Dana Point north to San Fran along the coast. It's similar in NY. The overwhelming majority of the folks north and west of Albany are right leaning folks. While the folks south of Albany tend to lean towards the left.

Like California, most of NY's population lays in the left leaning part of the state.

I use to be the guy that said, "If you do not like where you live, pick up your skirt and move". Well that sounds great BUT many folks can not do that - mostly due to their job. Then there is family too to throw into the equation.

Although it would never happen, seceding from the mother state and forming a new state is the only cure for this issue. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline zanedclark

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »
I was born, raised, did my career and retired in California about 100 miles east of San Francisco where the summers frequently have 100+ degree heat.  Dad was a farm laborer from Texas out on the dust bowl migration and at five years of age I was in the peach fields doing my part. 

The State is basically ruled by a swath along the coast from San Francisco south.  Silicon Valley is the major economic source with agriculture contributing 2%.  Naturally  if you follow the money you can see where the San Joaquin Valley (where I still live) falls in priority.

Gun control in the State has been a constant fight for as long as I can remember.  My wife and I started with revolvers and shotguns and can go back if necessary.

But the larger issue and the more drastic issue is water.  Los Angeles wants all the water.  LA drained the Colorado and Owens Valley and now wants all the water from the Sacramento River.  The Water Masters in government have decided that more water has to flow to the ocean from the rivers in the valley to protect salmon or the Delta smelt or something.  They acknowledge that people will be hurt, jobs lost, farming decimated.  Funny thing is though, suddenly San Franciscans are now threatened.  It is there only water source that is now threatened by this move.

z

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »
I lived in Cali in the 1970's, San Francisco.  it is always interesting there.  i lived in The Haight. if you haven't seen the Polk street Halloween parade...  its caused people to need therapy afterwards.  >:D
but like Zanedclark mentioned - the gun control issue came to the front during that decade due to the shooting of a mayor in SF.  The water wars had already begun with the debate over central valley farmers vs LA.  Funny story, the Presidio of SF - an Army base, had a stream dumping 2M gallons of water into the Pacific daily - the Presidio offered to build a pipe to SF but SF balked at having to build an access pipe to the Presidio and sued (a very Californian thing to do).  SF lost and the water kept running into the ocean. 

both (gun control and water shortages) are only going to get worse.  I wonder if that is a large pusher for the multi-state movement. 
 :coffeeNews:

Offline bennington.camper

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 09:11:40 PM »
Interesting info Deathstyle. Thx for sharing it.  :cheers:

I feel bad for the folks who live in California who's opinion (s) is not of the highly populated from Dana Point north to San Fran along the coast. It's similar in NY. The overwhelming majority of the folks north and west of Albany are right leaning folks. While the folks south of Albany tend to lean towards the left.

Like California, most of NY's population lays in the left leaning part of the state.

I use to be the guy that said, "If you do not like where you live, pick up your skirt and move". Well that sounds great BUT many folks can not do that - mostly due to their job. Then there is family too to throw into the equation.

Although it would never happen, seceding from the mother state and forming a new state is the only cure for this issue.

Dunno - after living in upstate NY for over 50 years, I finally bailed and hopped over to VT a few years ago. Mostly due to the SAFE act passage and the threat of more backdoor, closed session, no public input lawmaking. If it is important, you will make it work.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »
Just for kicks or giggles, I looked up U-Haul rates for a 20' truck from LA to Dallas and then Dallas to LA. To go from LA to Dallas the cost is $2,843- while the Dallas to LA truck is only $1,001-. This fact tells a lot.

https://www.uhaul.com/Cart.aspx $2,843-

https://www.uhaul.com/Cart.aspx $1,001-

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 03:51:03 PM »
The problem is alot of Blue State Republicans are becoming Red State Democrats by moving to Urban and Suburban areas. They are only growing the power of liberals in these states. It'd be different if they'd move to rural areas or small towns away from the population centers.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".