Author Topic: Bodycam Footage of Cincinnati Police Fatally Shooting Omar Perez  (Read 418 times)

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:23:05 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Bodycam Footage of Cincinnati Police Fatally Shooting Omar Perez
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:01 AM »
I saw a sanitized version on the boob tube this morning. Thx for posting the whole thing  :bravo:

Looks one of the LEO's AR-15 jammed.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
...Looks one of the LEO's AR-15 jammed.
Yup.  It could have jammed for a myriad of reasons...but I can't help but think this extreme humidity we've had all summer long in Cincinnati might have something to do with it.  If the last it was lubed was months ago, and if it has been sitting in a case/duffel, being moved back and forth daily from locker to trunk...well you see where I'm going.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 11:09:59 AM »
Yupper! When I shoot with a group it is very typical for AR's to jam when the shooter runs their weapon on the dry side or just use 'gun oil'. I use high temp grease and have NEVER had a malfunction due to a dry gun.

I also start out a shoot if 500+ rounds are going to be shot with a squirt of Break-free CLP.

PLEASE...I am not trying to start a lube argument.  :hiding:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »
I cant watch the video but from the discussion going on I'll say I stand by gas piston actions and dont worry about going dry  :dance:
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 02:41:35 PM »
After reexamination, it appears the rifle has NO MAGAZINE!  Either the officer forgot to insert a mag, or he did insert one but it failed to seat properly and fell out earlier.  :facepalm:

Note that he did fire one round, which tells us that he stored the rifle with a round chambered.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:18:01 PM by special-k »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »
I'd be more inclined to say he loaded a mag and seated a round, but didn't get the mag seated quite deep enough or hit the button on the wrong side to release the BCG forward or similar, then lost the magazine.

I would think a loaded chamber is not routine for a rarely used rifle and in the hands of a highly trained cop person.

Also, whoever hit crook in the back sure hit him hard or alot all at once or with a really big gun.  Just based on teh way he slammed down stiff and slid a bit.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.