Author Topic: AOC and Bedo Are Right  (Read 283 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
AOC and Bedo Are Right
« on: May 01, 2019, 08:53:57 AM »
10 years.  Its coming.  1 in a 100K chance but those 2 know stuff.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/science/1110-foot-asteroid-to-pass-near-earth-in-2029

SCIENCE
Published 6 hours ago
Last Update 4 hours ago
Huge 'God of Chaos' asteroid to pass near Earth in 2029: report
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

A 1,110-foot-wide asteroid named for the Egyptian god of chaos will fly past Earth in 2029 within the distance of some orbiting spacecraft, according to reports.

The asteroid, 99942 Apophis, will come within 19,000 miles of Earth on April 13, a decade from now, but scientists at the Planetary Defense Conference are already preparing for the encounter, Newsweek reported. They plan to discuss the asteroid’s effects on Earth’s gravity, potential research opportunities and even how to deflect an incoming asteroid in a theoretical scenario.

Scientists say most asteroids that pass near Earth aren’t more than 30 feet wide, making Apophis, named for an Egyptian god of chaos, a rare opportunity for research.

The asteroid will be visible to the naked eye and will look like a moving star point of light, according to NASA. It will pass over the United States in the early evening, according to WUSA 9.

Apophis was discovered in 2004 and, after tracking it for 15 years, scientists say the asteroid has a 1 in 100,000 chance of striking Earth decades in the future – after 2060, Newsweek reported.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
Re: AOC and Bedo Are Right
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »
Reminds me fo a great video game I loved playing. Had one of the best 2 minute intro videos ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vi_jcclMVw#
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
Re: AOC and Bedo Are Right
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 10:43:56 PM »
Well, if it hits, I hope it is in the southern hemisphere, will give me more time for cocktails