Author Topic: April 16, 2021-We are at DEFCOM-3  (Read 398 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
April 16, 2021-We are at DEFCOM-3
« on: April 16, 2021, 09:45:31 PM »
Looks like the USA has moved from DEFCOM-4 to DEFCOM-3 today.

https://www.defconlevel.com/levels/defcon-3.php

There maybe some fun happening or going to happen with Iran and Israel in the next 24-hours. 

DEFCOM-5 = Pease across the world

DEFCOM-3 = 9/11 The Last Time We Were At DEFCOM-3

DEFCOM-1 = Nuclear nastiness

Also, Biden is in Delaware and Harris is ????

Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 10:03:29 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline reconprepper

• Prepper Apprentice
Re: April 16, 2021-We are at DEFCOM-3
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 11:06:19 AM »
well you also have china wanting to take over the world, Russia is now pissed off at us because Biden kicked out 10 Russian delegates and called Russia out for the solar winds hack and causing more sanctions on Russia. Iran moving into Afghanistan to attack Israel and anyone who supports them now that Biden is pulling all our troops out of Afghanistan. So the hornets are a buzzing and getting ready. :)
mid Georgia area here

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 12:14:01 PM »
There has been a non-stop run of USN P-8 Poseidon's running up and down the east coast from Norwalk, VA. to Miami, FL. for the last month or so. The one connection I have told me that they are tracking some CCP Subs off the coast.

As we all know China is working having a solid beachhead in the Caribbean. Here is a recent article written about it from NEWSMAX.

Time to start watching Monkeywerx again.  :coffeeNews:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 01:05:32 PM »
I'm stocking up on popcorn and beer, nothing else I can do
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 01:45:56 PM »
  Here's an article that postulates Russia and China will start WW III with nukes: https://jrnyquist.blog/2021/04/15/are-russia-and-china-igniting-a-third-world-war/

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 03:08:02 PM »
What an outstanding read.

Well worth everybody here to read this piece.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »
east coast from Norwalk, VA.

Just so you know, its Norfolk.  No walking, way too much water.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 05:18:41 PM »
    "If any question why we died,
         Tell them, because our fathers lied."  -  Kipling

For my part, I do not fear the onslaught so much as I tremble at its timing.
Long have I believed that weapons of great power are always employed sooner or later, always justified in someone's mind.   The nuclear "option" _never_ really "off the table".    And as proposed in the excellent article (thought experiment?), I have long suspected that life would go on, though in diminished numbers for the "victors". 
What really chaps my ass is the very human (and genetically ancient) trait of hope and denial.   It can sustain us when "hope" is a sucker's bet in Vegas yet in sustenance we somehow survive.   And it can soothe us unto our sleeping destruction when that hope is the only the shield against consequence.   Frustration and anger with the folks around us who insist we'll always live in poppy fields with unicorns and rainbows forever?  Of course.  I am human, flawed as the rest though perhaps in different ways.
Today, Preppers rise from their seats in the crowed theater and shout "FIRE".   Yawn.   Dismiss,  Ridicule.  It's that ancient, genetic human trait at work.   And in an ironic way, validation of how we perceive the world now.
What I fear most is not the air bursts or radiation.   No.  My concerns are found that a rather large photovoltaic installation here on my property will not be complete in time (panel capacity with "Power Wall" to run well pump and refrigeration and exactly how might I protect the controllers from EMP?).   My fear is not yet reaching understanding and capacity to expand gardening knowledge past pilot stages to full-blown sustenance and yearly hold-over/replant.  My fear is that I will have to deal by myself with sheeple panic in the most extreme, while hoping family can exfiltrate and survive long enough to reach this place.
Give me one more year, just one more before the dam bursts.   Just one more year...

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »
   Felix, obtain and store an extra charge controller in a Faraday enclosure. If you're using an inverter in your system you should store one of those too.  I'd suggest storing extra panels as a precaution, though they don't need to stored in a Faraday enclosure.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 10:58:35 PM »
Thank you jackalope.  I had wondered how I would protect sensitive circuitry - my suspicion that it couldn't be while connected to its home in the grid is confirmed by your directive to have duplicates isolated in faraday cages.  Especially without any way to warn of an EMP.   As for the extra panels... at least those would not have to be too numerous as the ones going in have their own circuitry which enables individual function if a neighbor is damaged or destroyed by something like a projectile.  (guess I have to research how robust those are as well).
One itsy-bitsy problem though...
  the project (currently approved by electric provider and up for county permits) is engineered to carry 150% of a rather hefty monthly (averaged) electric bill.   The upshot is that it is financed for the loan payment to match our current electric bill.   I get a "grid down" power supply and protection from yearly utility rate increases with no out-of-pocket expenses.   There is no provision for spare parts in the package.  $$$ - that old bugga-boo when push comes to shove, eh?
Maybe I need more than a year to consolidate everything before the deluge?
Could you put in a word to the Chinese and Russians to hold off just a bit longer?